Juwan Durham update?? | The Boneyard

Juwan Durham update??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Haven't seen any updates on his recovery any where,any news out there?

Reaction Score
He posted this 2 days ago

@JuwanDurham: Let's get this surgery out of the way now

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
He posted this 2 days ago

@JuwanDurham: Let's get this surgery out of the way now

Should of checked Twitter lol, I would of thought he had the surgery by now.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
OSIQxBDh.jpg

Reaction Score
Likely won't know anything until he is on campus.

I wonder if a Taurean Thompson commitment would increase the chance of Durham redshirting

Reaction Score
Keep in mind, he's a skilled guy who if things work out (always a big if), probably isn't a 4-year guy.

So, if he can give them anything and he is close to ready by opener, I would bet they play him when he becomes cleared.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Keep in mind, he's a skilled guy who if things work out (always a big if), probably isn't a 4-year guy.

So, if he can give them anything and he is close to ready by opener, I would bet they play him when he becomes cleared.
Good point. I just don't know where he is recovery-wise. The kid is coming off a 2nd ACL surgery. He hasn't played much in the last few years, so if we were worried about rust on transfers like Purvis and Larrier, I think the rust factor combined with playing big time college basketball for the first time, it might make the most sense to red-shirt him. Let him practice with the team and get acclimated. Then when he does come back he's another year removed from injury and is better acclimated to the college game.

However, if he comes in healthy and ready to go, might as well play him. 'Rique is getting all the love, but Durham has a chance to be a special player if healthy.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Likely won't know anything until he is on campus.

Uneducated guess, but I'll be shocked if he doesn't. Tall athletic guy getting surgery in April? 6 months to mid October. So he'd be rehabbing the whole offseason, and jump right into playing? After sitting out much of the last 2 years. Just doesn't make any sense to me.

Is it a partial tear or something?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Uneducated guess, but I'll be shocked if he doesn't. Tall athletic guy getting surgery in April? 6 months to mid October. So he'd be rehabbing the whole offseason, and jump right into playing? After sitting out much of the last 2 years. Just doesn't make any sense to me.

Is it a partial tear or something?
The surgery was from mid-November.

My guess is he doesn't redshirt, just has strictly limited practice and game-time until, let's say, February. Imo if he's projected to be fully fit by then we should make sure he's available, b/c he's a legit talent on both sides of the court.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I am really hoping Juwan comes back strong. Sounds like such a great kid and has great potential to be a difference maker at UConn. How about we wait to see before deciding what he should do with a year of his life?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The surgery was from mid-November.

My guess is he doesn't redshirt, just has strictly limited practice and game-time until, let's say, February. Imo if he's projected to be fully fit by then we should make sure he's available, b/c he's a legit talent on both sides of the court.

***k I agree w Fishy. I hate these old posts. Thanks. That makes more sense.

Last edited:

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score

Wanted to drop this here as a reminder of the talent level KO has waiting in the wings pending a clean bill of health. JD going head to head with McAA and unc commit Tony Bradley.

JD: 28pts 9rebs 6blks

TB: 18pts 12rebs 2blks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members