Juwan Durham update?? | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Juwan Durham update??

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Could be but he will have to improve a lot to be better than Jalen, Rodney, Larrier, Brimah and Alterique. Should be some serious battles in practice between Facey, Enoch, Durham and Mamadou.

This is an element that has been missing for years. Some real solid competition down low so guys can actually get better. I really think it hurt Amida not having a strong upper class force down low with whom to battle in practice.

Reaction Score
Honestly I'm trying to find the post in question but I don't see it on page 6 or 7, maybe it was deleted because Huskyforlife brings up Facey in the post before mine but there's no mention of him above it.

I could also very likely have seen that said in a different thread and posted the reply here, it's been a long day. If it was actually never said then I apologize.
Not trying to jump on your posts I just figured we would all be pretty damn happy with 7 & 7 from Facey.

Reaction Score
This is an element that has been missing for years. Some real solid competition down low so guys can actually get better. I really think it hurt Amida not having a strong upper class force down low with whom to battle in practice.
Agreed.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Not trying to jump on your posts I just figured we would all be pretty damn happy with 7 & 7 from Facey.
You're good, don't worry about it. If it was completely unprovoked then your right it's a worthless post.

As for the second part, I would be MORE than excited if Facey gave us 7 & 7 all season long. Hell, that's more than Brimah gave us all last year *ducks for cover*.

Reaction Score
Poor Juwan, he hasn't even played a game yet and his thread has gone down the
toilet-bowl-coffee-mug-640x533.jpg

Reaction Score
Honestly I'm trying to find the post in question but I don't see it on page 6 or 7, maybe it was deleted because Huskyforlife brings up Facey in the post before mine but there's no mention of him above it.

I could also very likely have seen that said in a different thread and posted the reply here, it's been a long day. If it was actually never said then I apologize.
It definitely came from somewhere, can't find it on this thread so it must have been a different one. I remember reading it too

Edit: Came from the 20 breakout players thread

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm still thinking Facey is going to be a big contributor this year.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I'm still thinking Facey is going to be a big contributor this year.
Improved perimeter defense -- which is what we should have with Adams & Larrier starting in place of Gibbs & Hamilton -- should help Facey out a ton. His biggest issue was understanding where and when to hedge and how to rotate, and replacing two clear negative on-the-ball defenders with two guys who should be elite can help hide Facey's slow defensive instincts, and that can in turn make him playable over longer stretches.

And we know that if he's on the court he'll A) grab offensive rebounds, and b) get put-backs and trips to the FT line no matter who we're facing.

I'm expecting a Gavin-esque senior season.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Improved perimeter defense -- which is what we should have with Adams & Larrier starting in place of Gibbs & Hamilton -- should help Facey out a ton. His biggest issue was understanding where and when to hedge and how to rotate, and replacing two clear negative on-the-ball defenders with two guys who should be elite can help hide Facey's slow defensive instincts, and that can in turn make him playable over longer stretches.

And we know that if he's on the court he'll A) grab offensive rebounds, and b) get put-backs and trips to the FT line no matter who we're facing.

I'm expecting a Gavin-esque senior season.

I pretty much agree with that, and I'd add that not only can that allow him to "hide" his defensive liabilities, it's very possible those defenders or others have hindered his defensive abilities by being out of place, etc.

Then, in addition, if these players are more solid defensively, it may allow for Facey and Brimah to be more aggressive and play on their instincts, rather than constant concern over rotations.

Playing, coaching and watching, it's amazing how subtle things or guys that make tiny mistakes on defense really affects the other players, but it's not always obvious at first glance who's really at fault or missing their assignment.

Reaction Score
I pretty much agree with that, and I'd add that not only can that allow him to "hide" his defensive liabilities, it's very possible those defenders or others have hindered his defensive abilities by being out of place, etc.

Then, in addition, if these players are more solid defensively, it may allow for Facey and Brimah to be more aggressive and play on their instincts, rather than constant concern over rotations.

Playing, coaching and watching, it's amazing how subtle things or guys that make tiny mistakes on defense really affects the other players, but it's not always obvious at first glance who's really at fault or missing their assignment.

But the problem has been they don't have instincts, that's where they really lack. Anything helps I agree, but it won't help their instincts only they can improve that way. Not sure that can happen though if it hasn't yet. But still key pieces as each brings something required for a run, just not the whole package. Maybe now?

Reaction Score
With freshman you just have to see them on the court plain and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom