OT: - JT III Out at Gtown | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: JT III Out at Gtown

Reaction Score
It's a guards dominated game, hiring Ewing would be a nice gesture of loyalty, but I think Amaker would be a better choice.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Another school that probably has to break with the past. I can't imagine too many coaches want JT II hanging around the program at this point.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Kelsey no longer taking umass job. Sudden change of heart
He met the fan base and boosters, finally saw the campus yesterday. What was yesterday up there, 25 degrees with a 35 mph wind?

Reaction Score
Another school that probably has to break with the past. I can't imagine too many coaches want JT II hanging around the program at this point.
I think you are right. But just for fun what if all the former BE schools hired alumni, we aren't far off..
St. John's - Mullin
Georgetown - Ewing
UConn - Ollie, but need to add Ray Allen to staff
Villanova - Jay Wright leaves for NBA, hire Kerry Kittles
Providence - Assuming Marvin Barnes is still dead, Eric Murdock will do
Syracuse - Hiring Carmelo Anthony puts Knicks fans out of their misery
Pittsburgh - I'm torn between Jerome Lane, Demetrious Gore and Brian Shorter
Seton Hall - Andrew Gaze, if Australia is too far Anthony Avent

Reaction Score
It's a guards dominated game, hiring Ewing would be a nice gesture of loyalty, but I think Amaker would be a better choice.
Amaker would be an awful hire. He can recruit but did a bad job at Seton Hall and Michigan before crawling to the Ivy League. He's also pulled a lot of shady s#-t, not a good guy.

Reaction Score
Amaker would be an awful hire. He can recruit but did a bad job at Seton Hall and Michigan before crawling to the Ivy League. He's also pulled a lot of shady s#-t, not a good guy.

He did fairly well at Seton Hall if my memory serves me right. Had some nice recruiting classes and that parlayed into the job at Michigan

Reaction Score
If they want to take more charges than K's teams and fall down all the time they will look back a few years, get Gene Smith back!!

Reaction Score
Why did Georgetown drag their feet on this? Kevin Keatts was probably the best man for the job, and they didn't get a chance to even talk to him. This is going to be a very tricky hire. If they mess it up, DePaul will have company in the basement.

Reaction Score
I think you are right. But just for fun what if all the former BE schools hired alumni, we aren't far off..
St. John's - Mullin
Georgetown - Ewing
UConn - Ollie, but need to add Ray Allen to staff
Villanova - Jay Wright leaves for NBA, hire Kerry Kittles
Providence - Assuming Marvin Barnes is still dead, Eric Murdock will do
Syracuse - Hiring Carmelo Anthony puts Knicks fans out of their misery
Pittsburgh - I'm torn between Jerome Lane, Demetrious Gore and Brian Shorter
Seton Hall - Andrew Gaze, if Australia is too far Anthony Avent
Come on Pitt should be Sean Miller

Reaction Score
They will poach a coach from one of the better mid majors. Similar to when Dan Monsoon left for Minnesota or Crean left for Indiana. Both of those were clearly mistakes and even at the time, not a good choice for either coach. Similar to those two, whatever coach it is that goes to gtown will struggle for the most part with a few decent seasons that, none the less, are not up to standard according to fans.

Reaction Score
They will poach a coach from one of the better mid majors. Similar to when Dan Monsoon left for Minnesota or Crean left for Indiana.
Wait... Crean's not a great coach, but IU was a tire fire after Sampson. They needed someone who'd rebuild the program, recruit a few kids they could put into the pros, and stay scandal free. He did that, and spent nearly a decade there, won a couple of titles, and it should be smooth sailing for the next guy.

Comparing him to Monson isn't fair to Crean.

Reaction Score
He did fairly well at Seton Hall if my memory serves me right. Had some nice recruiting classes and that parlayed into the job at Michigan
As I said he can recruit. He brought in the #2 class in the country at Seton Hall and a top 10 preseason ranking before they totally crashed and burned and Michigan inexplicably hired him. There is a reason he ended up in the Ivy League.

Reaction Score
Wait... Crean's not a great coach, but IU was a tire fire after Sampson. They needed someone who'd rebuild the program, recruit a few kids they could put into the pros, and stay scandal free. He did that, and spent nearly a decade there, won a couple of titles, and it should be smooth sailing for the next guy.

Comparing him to Monson isn't fair to Crean.
Agreed, Crean isn't as bad as people make him out to be. As you say he brought IU some stability when they desperately needed it and brought them some good seasons, he was also damn good at Marquette.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyClifton

Top Bottom