2025 Recruiting: - Joson Sanon Top 10 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Joson Sanon Top 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If he doesn't mention UConn after this unofficial visit then I'll agree with you. But he made the trip from Vermont so he must have some interest.
Interested in getting a free ride to seeing a premium game or interested in playing at UConn?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Great example of Ollie delusion syndrome. Yes, we hate him because he failed and sued. But you know how many minutes Jalen Gaffney played for KO? Exactly zero. He came in with Bouknight and Akok under Hurley.
Which makes Ollie's negative impact on his game all the more sinister!

Reaction Score
Which makes Ollie's negative impact on his game all the more sinister!
The fact anyone would even bring up KO in a Joson Sanon recruiting thread is hilarious. But please can we all admit Gaffney sucked at UConn rather than think it was Ollie allowing him to go East West? Lol he’s 23 now in his 12th year and the most he averaged still was his soph year at UConn at 6.1 and now his 2.6 assists a year are tops at a mid major.

Head bang

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The fact anyone would even bring up KO in a Joson Sanon recruiting thread is hilarious. But please can we all admit Gaffney sucked at UConn rather than think it was Ollie allowing him to go East West? Lol he’s 23 now in his 12th year and the most he averaged still was his soph year at UConn at 6.1 and now his 2.6 assists a year are tops at a mid major.

Head bang
Over My Head Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Reaction Score

Head bang
What did Ollie have to do with Gaffney at all?

He was never his coach….(maybe I’m missing something)

Reaction Score

Head bang
I'm confused. No one is claiming he's an outstanding player. On the other hand, I find it hard to understand how someone in the rotation for a Final Four team can simply be totally discarded either.

Reaction Score
I'm confused. No one is claiming he's an outstanding player. On the other hand, I find it hard to understand how someone in the rotation for a Final Four team can simply be totally discarded either.
He wasn’t discarded while st UConn if that’s what you mean. He just wasn’t very good. Happy he found a home and played well enough to come off the bench for FAU. But UConn didn’t lose a step when he left.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Let me know when there is new info on Joson Sanon. Why are we discussing Gaffney anyways? Must be an old thread or two about him you can reopen.
You got it boss.

Reaction Score
Interested in getting a free ride to seeing a premium game or interested in playing at UConn?
Can't pay for stuff on an unofficial (though not sure about tickets to the game).

Reaction Score
I've mentioned this in other threads.
I want this kid just to see the BY butcher his name every time it gets brought up in threads.
No!

There are people on here who continually spell Tristen's and Samson's names wrong and even have trouble with Spencer. This one would be a disaster. :)

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
If we happen to repeat, there will be a line waiting to transfer in. Show me a college player who would not want to be on a team to try and three peat. And just in time the ignite team is disbanding or so it appears. Just imagine all the media attention that will surround that circus. Transfer portal, de-committing even a few that were thinking g league ignite. There would be no better caldron to sharpen steel than playing on a team in packed houses trying to do something that has not been done in over 50 years and only done twice in the history of the sport. Spoiler for those looking for fiction I did not research but I believe UCLA did it twice and one time it was four in a row I think!. UConn will be if they are good the most closely followed team in quite some time. If a player does not want that type of pressure and exposure they are not winners. No one gave us a chance to repeat and many experts said it’s going to take a year or two to replace what we lost. They were not right.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Can't pay for stuff on an unofficial (though not sure about tickets to the game).
Maybe someone in the know can explain what happens on an unofficial visit. I thought when Drummond and Donovan took them UConn was usually playing a home game.

Reaction Score
Maybe someone in the know can explain what happens on an unofficial visit. I thought when Drummond and Donovan took them UConn was usually playing a home game.
Yeah looks like tickets to a home sporting event are the only thing you can give for free.

Reaction Score
If we happen to repeat, there will be a line waiting to transfer in. Show me a college player who would not want to be on a team to try and three peat. And just in time the ignite team is disbanding or so it appears. Just imagine all the media attention that will surround that circus. Transfer portal, de-committing even a few that were thinking g league ignite. There would be no better caldron to sharpen steel than playing on a team in packed houses trying to do something that has not been done in over 50 years and only done twice in the history of the sport. Spoiler for those looking for fiction I did not research but I believe UCLA did it twice and one time it was four in a row I think!. UConn will be if they are good the most closely followed team in quite some time. If a player does not want that type of pressure and exposure they are not winners. No one gave us a chance to repeat and many experts said it’s going to take a year or two to replace what we lost. They were not right.
Getting a little over excited here. Would be good to follow DH's ethos, one game at a time. Or at least one season at a time.

Reaction Score
Was Joson on an unofficial as tweeted or did he just attend the game?

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Was Joson on an unofficial as tweeted or did he just attend the game?
Unofficial. See Post 60 in this thread.

Reaction Score

You can give tickets to recruits (or family, or friends, or some random guy on the street) as many times as you want. They have a certain amount allotted for each game behind the bench.

Reaction Score
You can give tickets to recruits (or family, or friends, or some random guy on the street) as many times as you want. They have a certain amount allotted for each game behind the bench.
I'm not objecting your assertion here, but is there no issue with the tickets having a face value?

Reaction Score
I'm not objecting your assertion here, but is there no issue with the tickets having a face value?

“The institution may not pay any expense or provide any entertainment except a maximum of 3 complimentary admissions

- These 3 complimentary admissions are only for the student athlete and those accompanying them

- These admissions are only in the general seating area—seating the PSA or those accompanying them in a press box, special seating box or bench area is prohibited

- Additional tickets, beyond the allotted amount, may not be reserved for purchase by the PSA or those accompanying them

- Additional tickets may only be purchased in the same manner as the general public”

Reaction Score

“The institution may not pay any expense or
provide any entertainment except a maximum of 3 complimentary admissions

- These 3 complimentary admissions are only for
the student athlete and those accompanying them

- These admissions are only in the general seating area—seating the PSA or those accompanying them in a press box, special seating box or bench area is prohibited

- Additional tickets, beyond the allotted amount,
may not be reserved for purchase by the PSA or
those accompanying them

- Additional tickets may only be purchased in the
same manner as the general public”

I had no idea about this. I think this may be one of those written-not-followed rules because I've broken this myself several times and I'm a nobody. I'm sure UConn will get scholarship reductions for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom