2025 Recruiting: - Joson Sanon Top 10 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Joson Sanon Top 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If we happen to repeat, there will be a line waiting to transfer in. Show me a college player who would not want to be on a team to try and three peat. And just in time the ignite team is disbanding or so it appears. Just imagine all the media attention that will surround that circus. Transfer portal, de-committing even a few that were thinking g league ignite. There would be no better caldron to sharpen steel than playing on a team in packed houses trying to do something that has not been done in over 50 years and only done twice in the history of the sport. Spoiler for those looking for fiction I did not research but I believe UCLA did it twice and one time it was four in a row I think!. UConn will be if they are good the most closely followed team in quite some time. If a player does not want that type of pressure and exposure they are not winners. No one gave us a chance to repeat and many experts said it’s going to take a year or two to replace what we lost. They were not right.
UCLA implemented the NIL before anyone knew what it was;)

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Getting a little over excited here. Would be good to follow DH's ethos, one game at a time. Or at least one season at a time.
Then why are we talking about next season recruits. But I got it as soon as I saw 2011.

Reaction Score

“The institution may not pay any expense or provide any entertainment except a maximum of 3 complimentary admissions

- These 3 complimentary admissions are only for the student athlete and those accompanying them

- These admissions are only in the general seating area—seating the PSA or those accompanying them in a press box, special seating box or bench area is prohibited

- Additional tickets, beyond the allotted amount, may not be reserved for purchase by the PSA or those accompanying them

- Additional tickets may only be purchased in the same manner as the general public”
This is a great post! Very informative and much appreciated.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm not objecting your assertion here, but is there no issue with the tickets having a face value?
Things may have changed but my (now ex) wife worked with someone who knew the parents of two reasonably high profile recruits a bit more than 25 years (Saunders ended up at UConn, another, I forget his name, also a ~6'8" big who landed at UMass). At the time all they needed to do was call a contact in the athletic department and they would have a few tickets available for them at will call.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
You can give tickets to recruits (or family, or friends, or some random guy on the street) as many times as you want. They have a certain amount allotted for each game behind the bench.
This had been my impression based on reporting of Drummond appearing at many of UConn's games before he came to UConn. It's good to get this and Medic's confirmation that my impression was correct. My post that Sanon might only be taking the unofficial as an opportunity to watch a premier game remains a possibility.

Reaction Score
Things may have changed but my (now ex) wife worked with someone who knew the parents of two reasonably high profile recruits a bit more than 25 years (Saunders ended up at UConn, another, I forget his name, also a ~6'8" big who landed at UMass). At the time all they needed to do was call a contact in the athletic department and they would have a few tickets available for them at will call.
Ronell Blizzard UMass.

Reaction Score
If we happen to repeat, there will be a line waiting to transfer in. Show me a college player who would not want to be on a team to try and three peat. And just in time the ignite team is disbanding or so it appears. Just imagine all the media attention that will surround that circus. Transfer portal, de-committing even a few that were thinking g league ignite. There would be no better caldron to sharpen steel than playing on a team in packed houses trying to do something that has not been done in over 50 years and only done twice in the history of the sport. Spoiler for those looking for fiction I did not research but I believe UCLA did it twice and one time it was four in a row I think!. UConn will be if they are good the most closely followed team in quite some time. If a player does not want that type of pressure and exposure they are not winners. No one gave us a chance to repeat and many experts said it’s going to take a year or two to replace what we lost. They were not right.
Seven in a row.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Recruiting for next season’s recruits is happening Now is why.
That was my point? Discussing next years recruits and what may impact success.

Reaction Score
Grammar police?
Grammar and spelling the names of the players on the team correctly, of which there are only 12 scholarship players, are totally different. I can't remember correcting grammar on here very many times since that would be a lost cause. I would even give a pass on Apostolos Roumoglou. So there are only 11 we need to spell right.

How about that Soo Bird? She was good.

Reaction Score
Givony seems to be a pretty connected guy to the prospects. Interesting year in advance 2025 Mock draft he released today.

Had Sanon listed as someone who gets drafted, meaning that he would be a 2024 reclass at some point. (Heard rumblings, but nothing confirmed )

Reaction Score
Grammar and spelling the names of the players on the team correctly, of which there are only 12 scholarship players, are totally different. I can't remember correcting grammar on here very many times since that would be a lost cause. I would even give a pass on Apostolos Roumoglou. So there are only 11 we need to spell right.

How about that Sue Berd? She was good.
SMH. FIFY.

Reaction Score

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Providence fans feeling confident or they’re just flooding Twitter.

We only lose recruits to Providence when we're not recruiting them. Or they can't win PT so they transfer

Reaction Score
We only lose recruits to Providence when we're not recruiting them. Or they can't win PT so they transfer
Doubtful we're losing Sanon to Providence. Would be surprising if he's not committed within 72 hours of his Kansas visit, whenever that happens.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The kid went to watch Providence take on DePaul right after our game. They’re a real threat this time.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If Providence can pull together enough cash from NIL, they're a player. His list screams "highest bidder."
I can't speak on the highest bidder notion (it does appear to be very plausible) but what he did that Saturday screamed that he wants as much attention as possible and I'm not sure we are willing to accommodate that.

Reaction Score
If Providence can pull together enough cash from NIL, they're a player. His list screams "highest bidder."
Doesn't seem like a future Husky then. I'm sure UConn can offer some NIL, but if that's his major goal then that doesn't sound like a Hurley recruit. Hey, can't fault the kid. What 18 year old isn't going to be swayed by a million dollars?

Reaction Score
Doesn't seem like a future Husky then. I'm sure UConn can offer some NIL, but if that's his major goal then that doesn't sound like a Hurley recruit. Hey, can't fault the kid. What 18 year old isn't going to be swayed by a million dollars?

I don't know about a million, but we have a few teenagers on our roster that made the best basketball decision first. Gotta respect that.

I think a kid asking for a reasonable market rate in NIL is fair. But any player (I have no idea about Sanon or anyone else) is coming with a money-first mindset, I doubt we'd entertain recruiting them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom