Jermaine Samuels | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jermaine Samuels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
99% sure that's Azar Swain, the PG for Rivers School and an Ivy League-level recruit. Going by social media sleuthing, he and Rivers are tight.

Yale & Brown just offered Swain last week.
Swain - the kid in the UConn hat at the top of Samuels's twitter feed - just committed to Yale yesterday. That's a big get for them.

FWIW, KO is the only college coach Samuels follows on Twitter. He also follows a lot of UConn-related accounts, including @tcf15 and @3uconn, as well as Diallo and Adams. Of course, he also follows a ton of local guys that we recruited but chose to go elsewhere - Noel, Selden, Okonoboh, Abu, etc.

So as always... who knows.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Just a tid bit on 247 regarding Tenn offering Samuels says UConn and Villanova are considered the leaders.

Link?

Reaction Score
This kids got some serious blue blood offers like ku and duke, Theres gotta be reason why we've been so cool on him since he was like a sophomore, the optimist in me thinks it's because diallo but who knows. KO needs a wing ish type prospect badly in 2017 , dj Harvey diallo the Indy kid , petty all fit that.

Now that I think about expressions does not have a good recruiting relationship with storrs, lots of misses since 2013 . Hopefully that doesn't continue with Richards, probably will with waters though.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This kids got some serious blue blood offers like ku and duke, Theres gotta be reason why we've been so cool on him since he was like a sophomore, the optimist in me thinks it's because diallo but who knows. KO needs a wing ish type prospect badly in 2017 , dj Harvey diallo the Indy kid , petty all fit that.

Now that I think about expressions does not have a good recruiting relationship with storrs, lots of misses since 2013 . Hopefully that doesn't continue with Richards, probably will with waters though.
This kid has always been ACC bound despite what some on the board think.

Reaction Score
This kid has always been ACC bound despite what some on the board think.
The lack of buzz between the staff and a clearly elite New England prospect reminds
Me of heron but it is what it is, as long as some other wing like player is signed.

Reaction Score
The lack of buzz between the staff and a clearly elite New England prospect reminds
Me of heron but it is what it is, as long as some other wing like player is signed.
I think we will get an early commit from AJ Reeves who is a shooting guard/wing in '18. I'm a big fan of his game, more upside than Samuels in my opinion.

Reaction Score
I think we will get an early commit from AJ Reeves who is a shooting guard/wing in '18. I'm a big fan of his game, more upside than Samuels in my opinion.
if we get mal ( after finkelsteins comments during nations, I'm thinking it's close to 100%) reeves has to be considered a lock. And I'm in on Ayala tho I think he's gonna blow tf this spring like hami.

Reaction Score
He's Duke bound. They just offered and somehow made his final list.

Reaction Score
He's Duke bound. They just offered and somehow made his final list.
Agreed but he will have trouble getting off the bench there. I'm not a big fan of his game, he looks the part and has been good since a young age, I just think everyone else caught up. Pretty good straight line driver with a solid jumpshot but doesn't wow you with athleticism, he plays a bit stiff/robotic. High major talent for sure but with the players Duke gets, he will struggle to get minutes.

Reaction Score

Heron was adamant about not wanting to play in CT for awhile and there was some concerns about his support system, if I recall correctly.

Reaction Score

I think Heron is a bad sample as he is going to Auburn after decommiting from Pitt? Crazy considering he's a major talent and yet all the big dogs seemed to back off so how can we blame KO and the staff?

Reaction Score
I think Heron is a bad sample as he is going to Auburn after decommiting from Pitt? Crazy considering he's a major talent and yet all the big dogs seemed to back off so how can we blame KO and the staff?
As of now Auburn has the best recruiting class in the country for '17. It's not the Auburn you remember, Bruce Pearl will make them good quickly.

Reaction Score
Heron was following his coach (slice?). Was UK lean, then Pitt when coach went there, then coach left Pitt so heron did too. Something like that

Reaction Score
As of now Auburn has the best recruiting class in the country for '17. It's not the Auburn you remember, Bruce Pearl will make them good quickly.

Doesn't matter, he's Bruce Pearl and he makes things "better" with many players others back off of just like UT. I agree sj they will be better, but consider the source.

Reaction Score
I was wrong thinking he would go to Duke, just knew he was never coming here. Smart move for him picking Nova.

Reaction Score
I was wrong thinking he would go to Duke, just knew he was never coming here. Smart move for him picking Nova.
lol, actually what you knew was that "he was ACC bound despite what some people on this board think".

I really don't get why people continue to think conference matters to any significant degree with most of these players. There is very little actual evidence for it.

Reaction Score
Who knows if the Duke offer was still on the table after their recent wing commit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom