Jermaine Samuels | The Boneyard

Jermaine Samuels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wonder what the chances are he leaves the NEPSAC (I can't think of a good reason, but you never know). Maybe Huntington or Findlay Prep come calling.

Reaction Score
I wonder when we will hear a recruit say... " i want to play in the AAC"

Reaction Score

Hope Rothstein is right and this is a breakout year for the AAC. We need recruits to know that it's not as bad of a conference as people think it is.

Reaction Score
Welp...

That's not going to be good for business.....That's not going to be good for anybody. So now both Waters and Samuels want to go ACC bound? Great.....

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Chances are we have a 22 year old larrier by the time he is a freshman and he won't want to sit behind him for a year anyway.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score

Good to see the kid back at it. We picked up a crystal ball pick for him from Prezkop on 11/16, and are still the only team to be picked for him over the past couple years.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
New image at the top of his twitter profile:

OdMpC5y.jpg

He also follows a few UConn-specific feeds like UConnGifs, etc, as well as a few of the players on the team and a few of our other top targets (Diallo & MAL).

We could be in for a monster 2017 class:

PG: MAL (Top 40)
SG: Diallo (Top 12)
SF: Samuels (Top 40)
PF: William (Top 150)
C: Brown (Top 20)

On paper that'd be right up there with the '91 and 2011 classes as the best in program history, and given the way KO closed on most of his top targets for 2016, I'm feeling optimistic.

Reaction Score

OdMpC5y.jpg

He also follows a few UConn-specific feeds like UConnGifs, etc, as well as a few of the players on the team and a few of our other top targets (Diallo & MAL).

On paper that'd be right up there with the '91 and 2011 classes as the best in program history, and given the way KO closed on most of his top targets for 2016, I'm feeling optimistic.

I wonder if that is AJ Reeves from Brimmer & May on the right. Keep an eye on him.

Reaction Score

OdMpC5y.jpg

Who is wearing the UConn hat? Samuels appears to be wearing some kind of red team hat.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Who is wearing the UConn hat? Samuels appears to be wearing some kind of red team hat.
99% sure that's Azar Swain, the PG for Rivers School and an Ivy League-level recruit. Going by social media sleuthing, he and Rivers are tight.

Yale & Brown just offered Swain last week.

Reaction Score

OdMpC5y.jpg

Two words brandon jennings :_)

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Two words brandon jennings :_)
Are you suggesting Samuels is going to skip college to go pro in Europe? That'd be a weird choice for a kid who's not a top 15 (or so) prospect - he'll fall off the map.

Reaction Score
Are you suggesting Samuels is going to skip college to go pro in Europe? That'd be a weird choice for a kid who's not a top 15 (or so) prospect - he'll fall off the map.

No it was a joke. Kid wearing uconn in our past

Matrim55

Reaction Score
No it was a joke. Kid wearing uconn in our past
Ah right - I'd forgotten about that!

Let's hope I haven't jinxed anything.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
I wonder if that is AJ Reeves from Brimmer & May on the right. Keep an eye on him.
FWIW I just looked at Reeves's twitter, and he's certainly keeping an eye on us. He follows a ton of UConn-related stuff on twitter (including a couple of boneyarders), and a bunch of his New England-area peers who we're recruiting/have recruited. That includes Jalen.

Also - and I think this is a good sign - Rodney is basically the only college player he follows who's not in his peer group.

Kid's the No. 1 sophomore in New England and a consensus top 40 player nationally for what it's worth.

Reaction Score
I don't know about you but I've heard a lot of recruits say that. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . but then I wake up.

Reaction Score
FWIW I just looked at Reeves's twitter, and he's certainly keeping an eye on us. He follows a ton of UConn-related stuff on twitter (including a couple of boneyarders), and a bunch of his New England-area peers who we're recruiting/have recruited. That includes Jalen.

Also - and I think this is a good sign - Rodney is basically the only college player he follows who's not in his peer group.

Kid's the No. 1 sophomore in New England and a consensus top 40 player nationally for what it's worth.

kw>sn>rb>rp>sg>ja>ag>mal>hd>ajr

Reaction Score
Anybody know why the recent crystal balls to Villanova? Did he tweet something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom