Jeff Hathaway | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jeff Hathaway

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I think Jeff's one and only significant failure sealed his fate has a horrible AD and he'll probably never fill that roll again

that is if having a bad relationship with an iconic hoops coach, horrific fund raising efforts, lack of institutional controls and totally being dissed by your head football coach and largest booster didn't already do that

Reaction Score
F Hathaway. As much as we love to hate him, Edsall would still be here if not for Hathaway. Assistants coached the entire Fiesta Bowl season without contracts while Hathaway negotiated his own. Randy never told that story on his way out.
I know a guy who was on Edsall's staff...they had contracts...the ink was just drying on them. He was actually told by Hathaway that he would have a job for 1 year, but after that if Pasqualoni wanted to make a change he could make a change. Either way it doesn't matter...this idiot made an awful hire and then miraculously got himself fired! Let's hope that Warde being a football guy was furious last night watching the team quit on Pasqualoni!

Reaction Score
I think Jeff's one and only significant failure sealed his fate has a horrible AD and he'll probably never fill that roll again

that is if having a bad relationship with an iconic hoops coach, horrific fund raising efforts, lack of institutional controls and totally being dissed by your head football coach and largest booster didn't already do that
Willie he presently fills that roll at Hofstra University on LI.

Reaction Score
The equivalent of an upper decker on his way out the door.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I thought that there were some really serious problems with hiring a 60+ year old coach with a mediocre track record whose past success depended on having an NFL All-Star caliber quarterback. That said, I certainly did not expect this train wreck. I do remember Hathaway's quote that Pasqualoni won him over in the interview. Almost any serious company or consulting firm that has studied interview processes has proven that ranking candidates based on the quality of their interview later proves to have almost no correlation to their future job performance. I remember Bain Consulting in particular doing a lot of research on this topic.

I have a theory that Calhoun saw how silly Hathaway's hiring process was for Pasqualoni, decided Hathaway was not going to pick his successor, so Calhoun got Hathaway fired. Just a theory.

Reaction Score
Nelson I think it was more like Calhoun hated Hathaway's guts SO MUCH that when Herbst was hired it was the perfect storm with McHugh being chairman of BOT..he was finally able to have his say. Hathaway then buried himself with Herbst...rest is history!

I thought that there were some really serious problems with hiring a 60+ year old coach with a mediocre track record whose past success depended on having an NFL All-Star caliber quarterback. That said, I certainly did not expect this train wreck. I do remember Hathaway's quote that Pasqualoni won him over in the interview. Almost any serious company or consulting firm that has studied interview processes has proven that ranking candidates based on the quality of their interview later proves to have almost no correlation to their future job performance. I remember Bain Consulting in particular doing a lot of research on this topic.

I have a theory that Calhoun saw how silly Hathaway's hiring process was for Pasqualoni, decided Hathaway was not going to pick his successor, so Calhoun got Hathaway fired. Just a theory.

Reaction Score
I hear the "Hathaway lied to Herbst" stuff a lot. Reading that to mean he told her hoop facility fundraising was further along than it really was or she spoke with Edsall about the reasons he left, went back to JH to get his version, and then found JH version didn't square with the truth.

Reaction Score
I hear the "Hathaway lied to Herbst" stuff a lot. Reading that to mean he told her hoop facility fundraising was further along than it really was or she spoke with Edsall about the reasons he left, went back to JH to get his version, and then found JH version didn't square with the truth.
More than likely it had to do with donors...guys like Burton and Schenkman. Also fundraising for hoops facility. I also wouldn't be surprised if she had a conversation with Pendergast as well. Don't forget her XO is Rachel Rubin who also left the athletic department because of Hathaway! She was able to connect the dots; then had the study done. No matter what all I know is that ass bag is gone!

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Willie he presently fills that roll at Hofstra University on LI.

too bad for them, at least Jeff doesn't have to worry about high standards :)

and maybe I should have qualified my statement that he'll never hold a relevant AD position again. I guess I can't speak for every small college, JC or CC

Reaction Score
Add this to the Fyou Hathaway fire...because that idiot could NOT raise any $$ for the hoops practice facility...that now cuts into the pockets that Manuel and Herbst could use to buy out Pasqualoni at years end!

Reaction Score
we might get screwed out of an ACC invite because of a s***tty football coach hire bump

You really believe UCONN might not get selected to join a conference because of the Coach P hiring? Yikes.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You really believe UCONN might not get selected to join a conference because of the Coach P hiring? Yikes.
It is undoubtedly hurting us in the court of popular opinion. That is opens the door to Louisville building a case for themselves. It shouldn't keep us out, but it definitely hurt us.

Reaction Score
Yes. The rest of the world views us as the 9-13 mediocrity of the past two seasons and not the relative success of the four years that preceded it.

Reaction Score
Yes. The rest of the world views us as the 9-13 mediocrity of the past two seasons and not the relative success of the four years that preceded it.

The rest of the world isn't who makes the decision. They will be looking at a lot more than recent football success.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The rest of the world isn't who makes the decision. They will be looking at a lot more than recent football success.
Yes they will be and this is the crux of my complaint.

IIRC, it was in the summer of 2003 when JH took over. Imagine if an AD like Jurich had the success in his athletic program that JH had in the subsequent eight year period. Not only would we be in a position where a two year lull could easily be brushed off, we would have been so far ahead of where we currently sit in terms of brand, national stature and overall image that there is no way we would be waiting and hoping for a better home today.

JH pissed away a ridiculous amount of success and left us with very little to show for it beyond a more filled trophy case..

Reaction Score
This team should at least be 8-3 and playing for a BCS bowl bid next weekend bump

Reaction Score
Left us totally unprepared for next rounds of realignment bump

Reaction Score
This is an absolute failure on the part of Herbst and Manuel. Been saying ths for a while. The golden girl with access to the ACC was wishful thinking. We once again have been schooled.

Only two plays that I see. Court BC to partner up and join Big12 to bring New England/Boston market. Other, is ACC takes cincy and uconn as a pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom