Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn) | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
New video. He's blowing up:

I haven't been watching many vid clips lately. I was impressed most by his handle. He uses both hands well.

I also liked seeing how to made a lot of mid-range shots, which IMO are the most difficult. Many young players either take it right to the basket and/or shoot a lot of 3s. Defenders can be aggressive with blocking shots once a player gets close to the basket since the offensive player has limited options while on the move, which are attack the rim or pass it off. Few can stop on a dime and fake w/out traveling when driving it hard to the basket. But the players who can stop & pop or toss up a runner from 6 to 10 feet from the hoop are the ones that are very hard to stop. This has been a staple of some of our best guards and I hope JA will be one of the next great Husky guards to lead UConn to another NC.

One would think that UConn would be tough to beat since he's a NE kid. It's a short trip for his family to watch him play live at Gampel or XL. The chance to play for a program that's in his backyard that's coming off an NC and the chance to play for a special coach who can mentor him on and off the court would seem to be hard to beat and hard to pass up.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I love how he can dictate pace... exactly like bazz. Hes like a more athletic version of bazz. We need him.

Reaction Score
I take no stock in 247 "crystal balls" after the Kasongo fiasco. Seems to me that they're just making an educated guess based on the same information that's publicly available to anyone (Twitter accounts, recent interviews and commitments, etc.).

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I take no stock in 247 "crystal balls" after the Kasongo fiasco. Seems to me that they're just making an educated guess based on the same information that's publicly available to anyone (Twitter accounts, recent interviews and commitments, etc.).
You're probably right. That said, they all started moving to Georgetown for Govan about a week before he committed. So it doesn't seem like they're just throwing darts out there.

As always, there's no guarantee until he's wearing the uniform. But I'm starting to like our chances.

Reaction Score
A lot of Bazz in him but with better hops. Gets his shot off quickly and looks to be a VG passer. Would be a great addition to UCONN.

Reaction Score
Another Adams to UCONN today. Now 76% to the good guys. Was 60-40 Kansas. Now 76-24 UCONN. Also several predictions yesterday and today has Briscoe going to Rutty.

Reaction Score
Another Adams to UCONN today. Now 76% to the good guys. Was 60-40 Kansas. Now 76-24 UCONN. Also several predictions yesterday and today has Briscoe going to Rutty.

Rutgers is the new St. John's.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Kansas fans don't seem to want the kid...

Reaction Score
Wow, there truly is a Duke prototype. There is now a whole generation of little spoiled white kids who wanted to be just like JJ Reddick and Greg Paulus when they grow up. See 2015 commit Luke Kennard. You show me a picture of this kid without any other info and I would have called him a Duke PG. Can see the Dickie V slobber and floor slapping already.
4_848547.jpg

Reaction Score
I swear 40 years ago that kind of ball handling was a carry. Chris Smith is to thank for helping the acceptance of that.

It will be a carry now too if he doesn't come to Storrs!;)

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I swear 40 years ago that kind of ball handling was a carry. Chris Smith is to thank for helping the acceptance of that.

98% of called carries suck. I get that there has to be a rule there, but this kind of ball handling is fun to watch!

Reaction Score
I think the rule of thumb for 247 is when in doubt, predict them to UK...I think 50% of the top 25 is predicted to go there

Reaction Score
I think the rule of thumb for 247 is when in doubt, predict them to UK...I think 50% of the top 25 is predicted to go there
seems about right. i mean, practically 50% of the top 25 do go to kentucky.

Reaction Score
Nice. Looks Like An Athletic Seven Footer That Can Play The Pick And Roll And Pick And Pop Game. Haven't Had Tha In A While.

Reaction Score
A lot of guys I'd rather have before him, but the fact that this is our 4th option speaks volumes about KO's recruiting. Not to mention how well we do when we have to "settle" for tertiary options.

Reaction Score
A lot of guys I'd rather have before him, but the fact that this is our 4th option

He should be higher than our 4th option. Long and athletic with an inside/outside game and a force on both ends of the floor. Still with plenty of room to grow and likely on campus for a number of years. What's not to like?

But you're right it is nice to hear so many names connected to KO and UCONN

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I'm wondering how much getting him would help in our pursuit of Jalen Adams?
I'm hoping we land that ad hoc package deal, then supplement it with Enoch and *insert sharpshooting SF here*.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom