Jacobs Weighs In | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jacobs Weighs In

Status
Not open for further replies.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
If he goes to BC it would be as bad as losing the realignment shuffle.

Praying the B1G makes the call for UConn SOON… after that, idgaf. this is all messed up BS …

I can't put my finger on why but your avatar gives me the heebies.

Reaction Score
If Calhoun is letting this play up in the media it's for a reason. Let the media focus on him for now, leave the players and coaches to concentrate on Villanova.

40 minutes to NYC.

Reaction Score
As a UCONN fan, I will always be indebted to Coach Calhoun, but I have to agree with Jacobs on this one. This is UCONN and Coach Ollie's time in the sun. It is wrong for coach Calhoun to be in the news with the BC job. If it's not true, then he should deny it in no uncertain terms, which he has not. This tells me the stories are true. Which is terrible, especially, after how BC left the Big East and how they screwed UConn's entry into the ACC. Coach ...if you want to coach again, do it anywhere but BC!!!

Great post. Obviously I love Calhoun but this pisses me off. If JC is not interested in the BC job he should have immediately put the rumors to rest. He handled Andy Katz's questions in the AAC tournament like an amateur. If he is in fact interested in the BC job fine, just get the hell out of our locker room and away from the team. This is Ollie's team now. Stay if you are going to help, but I wish he would just get away if he's going to take away from our players accomplishments. Can't you just let these kids savor the victory for 12 hours before stealing the show Jim?? And of all teams he's interested in Boston College? His antics and comments towards BC in 2004 probably cost us membership in the ACC! If he is dying to coach again great, just don't do it at Boston College, Syracuse or Providence.

PS: I know it's poor journalism and all speculation on the part of that hack Goodman, but JC had a chance to put a stop to this.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Typical Jacobs stuff. He seemed to enjoy the "fact" that it was BC who wasn't interested in Calhoun and not the other way around. He basically calls Calhoun an attention whore who took the spotlight off the UConn team. I don't think there is any evidence to support this. Jimmy is an all time great HOF coach. Jacobs is a mediocre writer at a dinosaur newspaper. He deserves a punch in the throat along with Mick Cronin. :D
You say that as if was true. This entire 'story' is a construct. Jacobs knows this to be true that's why he used the following language.

If those reports are both accurate — and there is no evidence that either is untrue — it also should be the end of the story, right? Calhoun, who'll be 72 in May, wants to coach BC. BC doesn't want Calhoun to coach BC. Period.

Of course there no evidence that they are true either Jeff. Isn't that nature of a hack Jeff? Reporting rumor as fact? Wouldn't have been easy enough to source this with Calhoun. Your paper did, but somehow you didn't.

Journalistic integrity matters Jeff. That's why you are not popular on this site. You abuse your position to promote your silly one sided vendettas. It ought to be beneath you. Clearly it isn't. Just like slandering Sticks and Jazz wasn't. You sicken me.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I am usually not a fan of Jeff Jacobs articles, but he is spot on with this one. JC is loving the spotlight.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Guys, don't call Jeff Jacobs names. He might call you out for it on Joe Zone's high school production quality CPTV show.

I got "stalked" by this guy, many years ago, as he was writing an article about a few good volunteers trying to enforce a rule in a youth sports tourney. It came down to knowing the rules before you entered the tourney, but then a few coaches started in on gamesmanship, and made a farce of the rules for the remaining 90% of the teams that had followed them. I spent weeks screening my calls ...

Reaction Score
Jacobs continues to walk his fine line with Calhoun, he respects him as a coach but totally dislikes him as a person, and he's probably not at all alone in that respect. His article is honest ("He doesn't need my negative butt in his life"), and spot on. This story would be dead if JC wanted it that way.

Reaction Score
Jim Calhoun has earned the right to do anything he wants. If he wants to coach again, so be it. If he wants to coach at BC, good luck to him. Personally, I hope he doesn't coach again due to the health issues he has endured over the years and the man is 72!

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
dtrumpet said:
This story would be dead if JC wanted it that way.

Would it though? Jacobs got exactly the result he wanted here. He was just licking his chops at the smell of this one.

He's incredibly transparent.

Reaction Score
I would feel differently if JC was currently the HC for Uconn, him coaching BC would be extremely bizarre. If JC does take the BC job, Jacobs will try to get Uconn fans on his side and be like I told you so, I told you this guy was a jerk.

Reaction Score
Starting to think that where there's smoke there's fire.

Yeah, and it's starting to really piss me off. I would've like a definitive statement from JC that was in no way, shape, or form interested in the BC job.

The Bill Clinton like talk is getting annoying.

That said, I'll eat my shoes if JC is the next BC coach.

Reaction Score
Yeah, and it's starting to really piss me off. I would've like a definitive statement from JC that was in no way, shape, or form interested in the BC job.

The Bill Clinton like talk is getting annoying.

That said, I'll eat my shoes if JC is the next BC coach.
I don't think he'll be the next BC coach but his people probably reached out. If he wants to get back into coaching then his agents would not be doing their job if they did not

Reaction Score
Would it though? Jacobs got exactly the result he wanted here. He was just licking his chops at the smell of this one.

He's incredibly transparent.

JC's had numerous opportunities to say " I have no interest in the BC coaching job." That wouldn't close all the doors, just this one. Easy as that.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
JC's had numerous opportunities to say " I have no interest in the BC coaching job." That wouldn't close all the doors, just this one. Easy as that.
The lack of basic understanding within our own fan base is staggering. He already said he'd never say never to listening to anyone. If he eliminates BC, then the story becomes UConn's continuing grudge for the BC traitors, ACC blackball, etc. Posing this question to JC is the equivalent of "Are you still beating your wife?" There is no good answer.

Reaction Score
Will Jeff Jacobs ever be able to write negatively about a coach and not mention salary? He has done it so many times it's absolutely and obsession of his. Not sure what Jim's salary last year has to do with potential interest in BC but Jacobs has a money fetish for sure

Reaction Score
I don't think he'll be the next BC coach but his people probably reached out. If he wants to get back into coaching then his agents would not be doing their job if they did not

Yeah, and my response to that.......is WTF Jim?

Jacobs is being his usual self, but he's not wrong here.

Reaction Score
I agree with Jacobs. This is JC being JC.

The Dance is when all the openings are discussed, doesn't matter what camp it comes from………he's on the sidelines, he loves the game, he wouldn't be the first to want to get back in or the first not to, no one knows. Talk is talk, whatever "JC being JC means" I hope you and Jacobs wouldn't dare to say "selfish because of timing"……….that would be inaccurate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom