Jacobs Weighs In | The Boneyard

Jacobs Weighs In

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As a UCONN fan, I will always be indebted to Coach Calhoun, but I have to agree with Jacobs on this one. This is UCONN and Coach Ollie's time in the sun. It is wrong for coach Calhoun to be in the news with the BC job. If it's not true, then he should deny it in no uncertain terms, which he has not. This tells me the stories are true. Which is terrible, especially, after how BC left the Big East and how they screwed UConn's entry into the ACC. Coach ...if you want to coach again, do it anywhere but BC!!!

Reaction Score
tykurez said:
He's a lifelong contrarian and pot-stirrer.

Jacobs it's writing like Calhoun himself broke the story. The guy has said he isn't seeking employment.

Reaction Score
Typical Jacobs stuff. He seemed to enjoy the "fact" that it was BC who wasn't interested in Calhoun and not the other way around. He basically calls Calhoun an attention whore who took the spotlight off the UConn team. I don't think there is any evidence to support this. Jimmy is an all time great HOF coach. Jacobs is a mediocre writer at a dinosaur newspaper. He deserves a punch in the throat along with Mick Cronin. :D

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
WestHartHusk said:
You are wearing rose-colored glasses if you don't think JC has at least encouraged all of this. He can make it stop and hasn't.

Jim Calhoun about BC job: "I have not talked to any other school and I don't plan to talk to any other school."

He's not propagating this ... writers begging for viewership are.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Jim Calhoun about BC job: "I have not talked to any other school and I don't plan to talk to any other school."

No link, never happened.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

He used ESPN, during our game, to announce his potential candidacy. And he is using third parties, like all coaches do.

And plan is a loosy-goosy word. I often don't plan to get drunk - but I really do.

Reaction Score
formerlurker said:
No link, never happened.

I read this also. Don't remember where, but he's not making up.

He also said in another interview that what he said to Andy Katz was taken too far.

Reaction Score
Jacobs is an antagonist. He's just a bitter old, worn out writer. I love the fact he's calling out Calhoun for wanting the attention, when in fact, it's Jacobs who's looking for the attention. Maybe Jacobs should head south "where there is redemption to be found there"... There's a reason why BYers called this guy stupid. And he appeared just as bitter & stupid when DD & Diggerfoot appeared on Beyond the Beat the prior week. Jacobs just needs to retire & leave the state. His antics are old...

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I suppose Billy Donovan is looking for attention, too. ESPN is trolling since they are cut out of the bulk of the tourney coverage.

Reaction Score
He's a lifelong contrarian and pot-stirrer.
Yes he is a pot stirrer but he always wants to control the speed of the stir, the size of the pot and the stirring time. Writers like Jacobs aggravate coaches like Calhoun who are all control freaks because they mess with the control. It is a good balance and in the end neither one really ends up hurting the other very much.

Reaction Score
JC has always tried to care of his players and then himself. It will only increase his value if he leaves this sort of open. He has done his part in saying he is not looking for a job but falls a little short so WM, SH and the rest of us have something to be nervous about. Does his wallet good come negotiation time. Would he take a job from BC - doubtful. Will he look after himself first - bet your ass he will. And he deserves every penny of it.

Reaction Score
What Jacobs misses is that this is the time of year where coaching vacancies generally get filled. The fact that he thinks Calhoun is consciously trying to deflect attention away from the current team just demonstrates how far removed from reality Jacobs is. Do I hate the fact that this has become a story with the biggest game of Ollie's tenure just hours away? Yeah, but if JC wants to get back into coaching, he has to put out feelers now.

NotADimeBack

Give me my avi back
Reaction Score
If he goes to BC it would be as bad as losing the realignment shuffle.

Praying the B1G makes the call for UConn SOON… after that, idgaf. this is all messed up BS …

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom