I've missed two home games in 6 years! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I've missed two home games in 6 years!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Guys we have been shellacked before we need to man up as fans and enjoy the game. Think of the Cleveland fans and the Red Sox fans. Let the coaching issues take care of the self but so t change your support for the school/ program. I wish I could be up there every Saturday so I am jealous you guys have something I don't. We will have our seasons and like I said the coaching situation will take care of itself.
If you want to send emails or wear shirts and hang flags. Don't stop supporting and showing up. Not going to look good attracting a coach it recruits. We new to hold up our end too as fans. I just drink extra alcohol. Trust me it works

Reaction Score
Wow, six whole years with the first four being pretty good. If you cant stomach a couple/few bad years mixed in then, go. There are other ways to voice your displeasure. ie. withholding future donation levels with a letter of explanation to the AD. The kids get phsically beat up every day in practice, they beat themselves up inthe weight room and they beat themselves up during the games, they deserve a better depth of support.

I agree the kids deserve better Duncan. You're absolutely right. But I think the people who are boycotting have that in mind as well. They are sacrificing the short term to prove a point to people like SH and WM in order to change for the future. Who knows whether it will force WM's hand or not but it is a proactive stand to try an initiate change.

I think the worst possible scenario here is if we are still sitting here 3 years down the road with these same issues and the same coaching staff ala Coach Spaz and BC. The upperclassmen definitely deserve better I agree (the right now-support) but the underclassman deserve better too (the future) and something has to be done to assure that the underclassmen don't have to suffer through this any longer. I agree there are many ways to voice your displeasure but do your letters actually get read? or tossed in a wastebasket? Empty seats? That gets noticed for sure..........This is coming from someone who still hasn't made a decision on whether or not he will continue to endure the frustration, pain and agony of having to watch this offense struggle through games or the coaches make a debacle out of easy time management decisions. When you are so emotionally invested and yet still have realistic goals for this team it is awfully discouraging to continue to put forth effort, time and money towards an entity that is failing mainly because of who is running it...

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Kind of a shame to hear. I hadn't missed a home game since Oct 2006 (all on a shoestring budget) up until last week. (for financial reasons I can't afford to go anymore this season.) I get the frustration with the program and the direction it seems headed in, but like noeynox, no matter how bad things get, the players are still out there doing their best representing UConn, so it's tough to abandon them.

Bugsy, I won't be able to make the Temple game as I'll be out of the country on business. PM me your name and address and I'll send you two tix and a blue parking pass.

Reaction Score
Any one of us is entitled to do whatever he wishes with our money and our tickets. I agree that the offense has been mediocre and boring, some of which I attribute to lack of talent on the offensive line, much to terrible offensive coaching. I suspect that PP and his staff will be gone at the end of the year, barring some miracle. I find sending your tickets back to be whiny and immature and unkind to the young men in the program, no matter how much $$ you donate. I point out the following: Gardner-Webb v. Liberty, a 1AA game, both teams 0-4, attendance a really good 18, 239, Horrible BC v. horrible Army, attendance 39,000, SMU v. Tex. El Paso, 1-3 v. 1-4, attendance 34,073. What would you have Manuel do--fire the coaches mid-season? PP has been tried and he looks like a failure here. If something doesn't happen after the season is over then have your hissy fit. I'll join you.

Reaction Score
It's obvious from the list of things that DoggieStyle is involved in at the University that he cares deeply about what goes on there and puts alot of effort in more than just going to the games. To call what he's doing whiney is BS. He's disgusted and reacted to what we are all seeing. 74's point about end of the year decisions being made is what we'll all be looking too. My big fear is losing Coach Brown. Without him being innovative on Defense we would have gotten smoked yesturday. His leadership keeps that defense playing hard when our offense screws them with ineffectiveness.

Reaction Score
It's not even a winning/losing thing for most, I believe. Nobody's expecting 11-1 here. But some sort of excitement, something that's really fun and invigorating to watch. Life is too short for folks to spend 4 hours watching 90 yards of offense week after week after week. It's just boring.
That's the word, boring. No one watches anything boring.

Reaction Score
The unfair question to you, gars. Would you rather lose 48-45 or win 6-3? Sometimes boring is effective. When it's not, then you have a problem. Well actually, we have a problem.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
i have to say, I am pleasantly surprised at the cogent, thoughtful way fans are writing about their feelings about the program, in this thread and a couple others. Even if there is disagreement about what to do/when to do it, I think there is a compelling theme about the state of the program and how alumni are relating to the school and program. Please PLEASE email AD Manuel and president Herbst, or better yet, print out a letter on good quality, thick paper with letterhead and a signature and mail it in.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I wouldn't do anything until we are convinced we will still get Lagow's signature on the LOI. If there is one thing we've learned over the past decade (you should know this better than anyone TDH) it is the importance of bringing in QB's (preferable quality QB's) year after year. I have no reason to believe that we are in a position where we can throw away a (seemingly) quality QB recruit in the upcoming class without it putting us a few years away from having a quality offense.

After his tweet yesterday, I doubt he comes here.

Reaction Score
Easy to judge there Idaho, huh? Please tell me how many years you have had season tickets? I'm assuming not that many, in fact I don't remember you posting where your seats where when we had the thread in the beginning of the season. To clarify, I have had season tickets since 2005 when I moved back to CT after returning from my last military deployment overseas. For the first few years I was only able to attend about half of the games due to work travel obligations so this is why I only mentioned the last 6 because this is when I was able to get to The Rent on a regular basis. So moving right along, if you are questioning my level of commitment to the University of Connecticut let me discuss my level of involvement then see if you feel that it meets your standards. First of all, I make a considerable donation to the Athletic Department as well as the General Fund every year. Although I am a lifetime member of the Alumni Association, I still make a yearly donation there also. I am actively involved with many Alumni events as well as planning initiatives throughout the year. I am also working with the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences with mentoring future graduates to prepare them for the transition to the corporate world. I am also actively involved with the Uconn Veterans initiatives and had the distinct honor and pleasure of participating in rolling out the "worlds largest flag" before the game at The Rent last year for Veterans Appreciation Day. Now, there are other things I do as well but I think your getting my point. Lastly thank you for pointing out what sacrifices football players make, as I played, so I'm all set there, but thanks. Now, I welcome any feedback from you as to how I can "support" the program and university in any other way. Also, I welcome and would be interested to hear any information regarding how you actively support and give back to Uconn as well. So, all this being said, I feel it needs to be stated that my before mentioned actions were an attempt to make a statement to the administrators in the AD. I feel I have earned that right based on all i have given and done for this University. In no way is it a statement that I am walking out on the team or giving up on them in any way. In this economy, I am blessed to be able to do what I did and still have the means to attend any game I so choose, which as I cool down here, I will most likely do. That being said, at least I did something, what did you do?? I welcome any response. Have a nice day!

My response... Don't let the bastards break you and thank you for your service to the USA!

Reaction Score
That's the word, boring. No one watches anything boring.
As that game wound down yesterday I was completely apathetic. The three and out to start the second half after we forced the fumble on the opening kickoff, completely took the wind out of my sails yesterday. Granted we tried to pass on first down that drive and McCombs missed his block, but right then and there, I realized NOTHING, and I mean nothing is going to change here as long as PandDa are here as a tandem.

Reaction Score
I realized NOTHING, and I mean nothing is going to change here as long as PandDa are here as a tandem.
When I first read this I thought, hmmm panda...about to go extinct...kinda like our offensive playcalling

Reaction Score
When I first read this I thought, hmmm panda...about to go extinct...kinda like our offensive playcalling
Was trying to post too quick I guess, but you know what I'm going to leave it. PanDas are about to go extinct you say, I wish their tenure here was already extinct, at least Deleone.

Reaction Score
Easy to judge there Idaho, huh? Please tell me how many years you have had season tickets? I'm assuming not that many, in fact I don't remember you posting where your seats where when we had the thread in the beginning of the season. To clarify, I have had season tickets since 2005 when I moved back to CT after returning from my last military deployment overseas. For the first few years I was only able to attend about half of the games due to work travel obligations so this is why I only mentioned the last 6 because this is when I was able to get to The Rent on a regular basis. So moving right along, if you are questioning my level of commitment to the University of Connecticut let me discuss my level of involvement then see if you feel that it meets your standards. First of all, I make a considerable donation to the Athletic Department as well as the General Fund every year. Although I am a lifetime member of the Alumni Association, I still make a yearly donation there also. I am actively involved with many Alumni events as well as planning initiatives throughout the year. I am also working with the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences with mentoring future graduates to prepare them for the transition to the corporate world. I am also actively involved with the Uconn Veterans initiatives and had the distinct honor and pleasure of participating in rolling out the "worlds largest flag" before the game at The Rent last year for Veterans Appreciation Day. Now, there are other things I do as well but I think your getting my point. Lastly thank you for pointing out what sacrifices football players make, as I played, so I'm all set there, but thanks. Now, I welcome any feedback from you as to how I can "support" the program and university in any other way. Also, I welcome and would be interested to hear any information regarding how you actively support and give back to Uconn as well. So, all this being said, I feel it needs to be stated that my before mentioned actions were an attempt to make a statement to the administrators in the AD. I feel I have earned that right based on all i have given and done for this University. In no way is it a statement that I am walking out on the team or giving up on them in any way. In this economy, I am blessed to be able to do what I did and still have the means to attend any game I so choose, which as I cool down here, I will most likely do. That being said, at least I did something, what did you do?? I welcome any response. Have a nice day!

I gave an example of what else you can do beside boycotting the games. What did I do? very much the same since 1972.

Reaction Score
I gave an example of what else you can do beside boycotting the games. What did I do? very much the same since 1972.

Well Einstein, if you read my posts you would see that all that has been done. Therefore I don't need a judgmental idiot like you who has done nothing rather than hide behind an Internet board to pass along his opinion with any additional wisdom much that a fourth grader could provide. If it makes you feel better, keep doing nothing and be irrelevant, seems fitting for you. Lastly, if your final point is to suggest that you have matched all of the examples I provided, well then I'm her to say I don't believe you and think you are full of .

Reaction Score
You don't need to know players' families to see that the staff has lost this team, particularly the personnel on offense.

You should never assume where my information comes from.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You should never assume where my information comes from.

There will never be a class of message board posters better than those who claim to have inside information but can't reveal their connection. They make the world go round.

Reaction Score
There will never be a class of message board posters better than those who claim to have inside information but can't reveal their connection. They make the world go round.

Funny thing is there are some people here who know what I know and where it comes from. Comments like yours make me glad you are not one of them.

I'm sorry I happen to know a few things you don't know. I rarely talk about my knowing things. If you look around the board I have only said certain things to put the blame where it lies. On the coaches, not the players.

I've known for weeks that the defense prepared more for the run than the pass for Western Michigan but seeing someone else already said it I can confirm it's true.

Sorry I can tell you how I know. Get over it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Funny thing is there are some people here who know what I know and where it comes from. Comments like yours make me glad you are not one of them.

I'm sorry I happen to know a few things you don't know. I rarely talk about my knowing things. If you look around the board I have only said certain things to put the blame where it lies. On the coaches, not the players.

I've known for weeks that the defense prepared more for the run than the pass for Western Michigan but seeing someone else already said it I can confirm it's true.

Sorry I can tell you how I know. Get over it.

I don't give a damn about being an insider. I don't care about whatever little circle of insiders you think you are part of. I've known for weeks the team and coaches embarrassed themselves at WMU in front of anyone who watched - TOP SECRET.

The coaches suck? Shocking I couldn't tell. The players don't believe in them? Yeah I couldn't tell on Twitter.

Thank you for these impressive secret revelations that only an insider could possibly know.

I find your type hilarious. Hinting at what you know without saying it. Then what little bit you share protecting your 'sources'.

As for Western Michigan I don't need any inside information to identify terrible coaching.

I'd say either talk or STFU but then I'd lose the enjoyment of watching you get your cheap hinting thrills.

Reaction Score
To each his own I guess, and I understand your frustration. Who knows, if enough people do what you do, Manuel and Herbst will be forced to act rather sooner than later, but I can't quit on the players, who have given me so much to cheer for over the years.

We asked players to play through the murder of a teammate, and we can't be fans through an underperforming and boring year without walking away? I understand the frustration but I have no sympathy.

Reaction Score
We asked players to play through the murder of a teammate, and we can't be fans through an underperforming and boring year without walking away? I understand the frustration but I have no sympathy.

I agree. I am sticking with this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman