I've missed two home games in 6 years! | The Boneyard

I've missed two home games in 6 years!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Saturday will b my 3rd followed by my 4th and 5th, I'm done. I just mailed my remaining season tickets along with my two Blue lot passes to Warde Manuel along with a letter discussing my thoughts on the direction the program and university. I will not get into it on a public forum but I asked that my tickets get donated to someone who needs them. I hope they are put to good use. I am not giving another Saturday to this program until they demonstrate that they deserve it.

Reaction Score
To each his own I guess, and I understand your frustration. Who knows, if enough people do what you do, Manuel and Herbst will be forced to act rather sooner than later, but I can't quit on the players, who have given me so much to cheer for over the years.

Reaction Score
Kind of a shame to hear. I hadn't missed a home game since Oct 2006 (all on a shoestring budget) up until last week. (for financial reasons I can't afford to go anymore this season.) I get the frustration with the program and the direction it seems headed in, but like noeynox, no matter how bad things get, the players are still out there doing their best representing UConn, so it's tough to abandon them.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I'd have taken the Pitt tickets off your hands. Or anyone's.

Anyone who wants to give away Pitt tickets, please DM me.

Reaction Score
I can certainly respect that decision for sure. I am too invested in the team we have now for this year.

If next year comes and we have the same coaches I probably won't be a season ticket holder. That is the only way to send a message that WILL be heard.

Knowing what I know about this situation I'd make bets on a coaching change taking place before the new year. If not then Warde and Susan aren't all that.

Reaction Score
I'd have taken the Pitt tickets off your hands. Or anyone's.

Anyone who wants to give away Pitt tickets, please DM me.
I'll make a deal with you. If we lose to Temple I'll give you mine for free

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i would give these tix to recruits but on 2nd thought, i dont want them seeing this staff if at all possible.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
This thread has me worried, friends. Of course everyone is entitled to do with their money and time what they please, but if you have the means and the ability to support our team, I ask that you continue to do so. Doggie Style, if you can get those tickets back from Warde, please do. This is the reason why I say it:

1) Warde is a football guy, and will choose to decide Pasqualoni's fate when he feels it makes the best football sense and program sense. Your collective showing of dissatisfaction will likely not sway that timetable.

2) On the other hand, worse crowds and worse atmosphere threaten to do a great deal more harm to this program than anything PP can do on the sidelines. It would cost us image and environment, which costs us recruits and new fans. Even in the unlikely event that you could sway Warde's timetables, you would make the situation harder on the next guy to succeed.

So in closing, this is my petition to all of you diehard Boneyarders out there to keep fighting the good fight. Send your emails if you wish, but please don't send your tickets. Keep Husky Nation alive and well...

Reaction Score
Simple solution really. Get rid of PP. It was a terrible hire from the start (ala Bobby Valentine with the Red Sox). Now be smart admit it's just not a good fit and get rid of him (Again like the Sox with Bobby V). this program is gonna backwards with PP, let's stop this before he wrecks it entirely.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Simple solution really. Get rid of PP. It was a terrible hire from the start (ala Bobby Valentine with the Red Sox). Now be smart admit it's just not a good fit and get rid of him (Again like the Sox with Bobby V). this program is gonna backwards with PP, let's stop this before he wrecks it entirely.
I wouldn't do anything until we are convinced we will still get Lagow's signature on the LOI. If there is one thing we've learned over the past decade (you should know this better than anyone TDH) it is the importance of bringing in QB's (preferable quality QB's) year after year. I have no reason to believe that we are in a position where we can throw away a (seemingly) quality QB recruit in the upcoming class without it putting us a few years away from having a quality offense.

Reaction Score
Saturday will b my 3rd followed by my 4th and 5th, I'm done. I just mailed my remaining season tickets along with my two Blue lot passes to Warde Manuel along with a letter discussing my thoughts on the direction the program and university. I will not get into it on a public forum but I asked that my tickets get donated to someone who needs them. I hope they are put to good use. I am not giving another Saturday to this program until they demonstrate that they deserve it.

I'm really sorry to hear it but not completely surprised. Attending most games isn't just a financial committment it's often time from your family and an emotional investment supporting the team. You also want to enjoy the games and to be perfectly honest there hasn't been much to get excited about on the field. Given the expectations of a second year of growth and some new talent it's been tough.

I don't know where the dysfunction lies but I don't think we just have bad players. We should have been moving forward this year, at least at a faster pace. It's almost as if we were preparing for what everybody else knew was coming. And while we want our coach to succeed, it can't be on a five year plan with little evidence of success 2 years in. If an objection needs to be made, this is certainly a clear and unambiguous one not likely to fall on deaf ears.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
It's not even a winning/losing thing for most, I believe. Nobody's expecting 11-1 here. But some sort of excitement, something that's really fun and invigorating to watch. Life is too short for folks to spend 4 hours watching 90 yards of offense week after week after week. It's just boring.

Reaction Score
I've always believed, in sports and life for that matter, that enduring the tough times makes good times much more enjoyable. That is why you see fans of teams that have a prolonged period of winning become complacent.

Reaction Score
75 years = approximately 2.3 billion seconds. There's obviously people who have more dollars than seconds of life. The ironies of self indulgence.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I can certainly respect that decision for sure. I am too invested in the team we have now for this year.

If next year comes and we have the same coaches I probably won't be a season ticket holder. That is the only way to send a message that WILL be heard.

Knowing what I know about this situation I'd make bets on a coaching change taking place before the new year. If not then Warde and Susan aren't all that.

Do tell if you have a moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Do tell if you have a moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't need to know players' families to see that the staff has lost this team, particularly the personnel on offense.

Reaction Score
Wow, six whole years with the first four being pretty good. If you cant stomach a couple/few bad years mixed in then, go. There are other ways to voice your displeasure. ie. withholding future donation levels with a letter of explanation to the AD. The kids get phsically beat up every day in practice, they beat themselves up inthe weight room and they beat themselves up during the games, they deserve a better depth of support.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'll take those Blue passes off your hands.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
I've always believed, in sports and life for that matter, that enduring the tough times makes good times much more enjoyable. That is why you see fans of teams that have a prolonged period of winning become complacent.

Couldn't agree more. That, being said, I can understand the OP's position.

Reaction Score
Wow, six whole years with the first four being pretty good. If you cant stomach a couple/few bad years mixed in then, go. There are other ways to voice your displeasure. ie. withholding future donation levels with a letter of explanation to the AD. The kids get phsically beat up every day in practice, they beat themselves up inthe weight room and they beat themselves up during the games, they deserve a better depth of support.

Easy to judge there Idaho, huh? Please tell me how many years you have had season tickets? I'm assuming not that many, in fact I don't remember you posting where your seats where when we had the thread in the beginning of the season. To clarify, I have had season tickets since 2005 when I moved back to CT after returning from my last military deployment overseas. For the first few years I was only able to attend about half of the games due to work travel obligations so this is why I only mentioned the last 6 because this is when I was able to get to The Rent on a regular basis. So moving right along, if you are questioning my level of commitment to the University of Connecticut let me discuss my level of involvement then see if you feel that it meets your standards. First of all, I make a considerable donation to the Athletic Department as well as the General Fund every year. Although I am a lifetime member of the Alumni Association, I still make a yearly donation there also. I am actively involved with many Alumni events as well as planning initiatives throughout the year. I am also working with the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences with mentoring future graduates to prepare them for the transition to the corporate world. I am also actively involved with the Uconn Veterans initiatives and had the distinct honor and pleasure of participating in rolling out the "worlds largest flag" before the game at The Rent last year for Veterans Appreciation Day. Now, there are other things I do as well but I think your getting my point. Lastly thank you for pointing out what sacrifices football players make, as I played, so I'm all set there, but thanks. Now, I welcome any feedback from you as to how I can "support" the program and university in any other way. Also, I welcome and would be interested to hear any information regarding how you actively support and give back to Uconn as well. So, all this being said, I feel it needs to be stated that my before mentioned actions were an attempt to make a statement to the administrators in the AD. I feel I have earned that right based on all i have given and done for this University. In no way is it a statement that I am walking out on the team or giving up on them in any way. In this economy, I am blessed to be able to do what I did and still have the means to attend any game I so choose, which as I cool down here, I will most likely do. That being said, at least I did something, what did you do?? I welcome any response. Have a nice day!

Reaction Score
I used to never miss a game. Season ticket holder for years. Been to Detroit, Charlotte, Birmingham, and save for a New Year's Eve stomach bug, I was heading to AZ.

I did not renew my seats this season. You can rest assured, if Pasqualoni is back, I'm not renewing. Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom