I've missed two home games in 6 years! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

I've missed two home games in 6 years!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And just to add, I am not a twitter follower. But if players are flapping their gums on twitter about coaching, then that is just sad. Captains should hold a meeting and tell them to keep things in house. Are there players that are really calling out the coaching staff? Wow.

Reaction Score
We asked players to play through the murder of a teammate, and we can't be fans through an underperforming and boring year without walking away? I understand the frustration but I have no sympathy.

And you in all of you wisdom think that this is about a boring and underperforming year? I guess I have given the Boneyard to much credit.

Reaction Score
And just to add, I am not a twitter follower. But if players are flapping their gums on twitter about coaching, then that is just sad. Captains should hold a meeting and tell them to keep things in house. Are there players that are really calling out the coaching staff? Wow.

One of the DE's that is hurt was yapping on twitter about something. Did not hear about anyone else. Pretty sure if there was, the tweeters on here would have reported it.

Reaction Score
The unfair question to you, gars. Would you rather lose 48-45 or win 6-3? Sometimes boring is effective. When it's not, then you have a problem. Well actually, we have a problem.
It is unfair, but if you can put 45 points on the board, you're going to win a lot of games. So, I'd rather be a team that has the ability to score 45 points, and lose, than win 6-3. Because if you're winning 6-3, you're going to lose a lot of games. Because you can't even score a touchdown.

Reaction Score
Saturday will b my 3rd followed by my 4th and 5th, I'm done. I just mailed my remaining season tickets along with my two Blue lot passes to Warde Manuel along with a letter discussing my thoughts on the direction the program and university. I will not get into it on a public forum but I asked that my tickets get donated to someone who needs them. I hope they are put to good use. I am not giving another Saturday to this program until they demonstrate that they deserve it.
I like this. You're doing something. Making a statement. And they know you, so maybe it will have some effect. Me, I'm keeping my tickets, and going to the games. But I will write them a letter. This is becoming ridiculous.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
everyone is sticking with this team. were not giving up on the kids. but we are going to show our hand when it comes to the staff.

Reaction Score
I like this. You're doing something. Making a statement. And they know you, so maybe it will have some effect. Me, I'm keeping my tickets, and going to the games. But I will write them a letter. This is becoming ridiculous.

Gars- I will no longer b sitting in my seats this season but I will be there.

Reaction Score
This is sarcasm, right?

Because you just said you would rather lose than win.
I agree with him. You want to be a program that beats the Buffalo's of the world 6-3, or you want be the type of program that loses to WVA 40-43? I mean, type of program. Because if you are the type of program that beats Buffalo 6-3, then you are the type of program that loses to Cincinnati 55-10. Which is what is going to happen to us this year.

Reaction Score
I agree with him. You want to be a program that beats the Buffalo's of the world 6-3, or you want be the type of program that loses to WVA 40-43? I mean, type of program. Because if you are the type of program that beats Buffalo 6-3, then you are the type of program that loses to Cincinnati 55-10. Which is what is going to happen to us this year.

No, I want a team that wins games. Not loses them. You win and go on to the next game. You never know what will happen every week. You think Baylor is happy they lost to WVU 89-80?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

But this type of argument makes no sense whatsoever. As we all know, transitive property doesn't work in college football (or any other sport, for that matter). Just because A > B and B > C, doesn't mean that A will beat C. The prime example of that is Syracuse last year, a team that beat that very same West Virginia team but didn't win enough games to go to a bowl. Or how about Pitt this year, a team good enough to beat Virginia Tech by 17 but not good enough to stay within double digits of Youngstown State!!!

No, my friend. In the world of sports, you take the win, any way you can get it...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
My humble opinion is if the opponent is not part of the equation, I would rather win than lose, whether we scored three point or sixty.

On Gars above post; it is just as easy to state that if your defense can hold a team to three points you are going to win a lot of games while if your defense is capable of giving up forty eight points you will lose many games.

I would prefer being somewhat competitive (with a less than stellar W/L record) against top competition to going 10-2 against a buch of chumps. As our schedules going forward will be somewhere between the two, I believe that a reasonable goal is to win eight games during a bad season and ten during good one. We haven't yet gotten there (to ten wins or to where an eight win season would be a considered a down year) but there is no reason why our goals shouldn't be for something above what we have achieved to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom