Ive been trying to find Rakim Lubin's stats andhave not been able to | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Ive been trying to find Rakim Lubin's stats andhave not been able to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thanks for the link. This guy looks like Kenneth Faried but with more intangibles. NBA player in 3 years and will help Uconn stay a force in the paint every game. Im thinking Lubin and Bridah backed up by Nolan and Facey. I dont see anyone who will keep Lubin from starting--he's a beast.
First off chill we haven't seen the kid play yet don't get yourself hyped up

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
here's a game from earlier in the year...

It is PAINFUL to watch and listen to. Lubin is #4 in white. There is no way he's a starter next year.

To be fair, from photographs, it is clear that Rock has lost weight since that game & by report a couple of months later he was getting multiple dunks per game...so demonstrating more athleticism as his back injury moves further in the rear view mirror.
However, although I am very happy to welcome him to the UConn family, he will likely be a work in progress but may get some important minutes against teams with effective bigs (remember he was rated as the #11 player in Georgia this year...many UConn players, Boat for example, were players of the year in their states).

theydk14

ROCKNATION
Reaction Score
To be fair, from photographs, it is clear that Rock has lost weight since that game & by report a couple of months later he was getting multiple dunks per game...so demonstrating more athleticism as his back injury moves further in the rear view mirror.
However, although I am very happy to welcome him to the UConn family, he will likely be a work in progress but may get some important minutes against teams with effective bigs (remember he was rated as the #11 player in Georgia this year...many UConn players, Boat for example, were players of the year in their states).
finished at # 9 in the state which I don't see how they were ranking this guy he averaged the most rebounds in the state

theydk14

ROCKNATION
Reaction Score
o yea and for all of yall who don't kno the kid is ah legit 6'8 262 and he is lean and cut so for yall who don't think he will play next year just watch and see he will move mountains

Reaction Score
o yea and for all of yall who don't kno the kid is ah legit 6'8 262 and he is lean and cut so for yall who don't think he will play next year just watch and see he will move mountains

Im a believer--look at his build. How many guys have looked like that their freshmen year at Uconn--none--not even Adrien. This guy is huge and he can also play!

Reaction Score
I see AAAAA first team also consists of Phil Cofer 6'8 PF who was recently released from his LOI at Tennessee!!

Potential book ends from Georgia?

Reaction Score
Does anyone know how the A's differentiate? Is it size of the school like in CT? Or more likely location/district?

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
How do yall coming out the woodwork with these pics and 6'8 262 (didn't he try to cut weight because he was apparently out of shape from the injury?) know him?

Reaction Score
How do yall coming out the woodwork with these pics and 6'8 262 (didn't he try to cut weight because he was apparently out of shape from the injury?) know him?
I think that's pretty clear. If his mom and others who know him say he's 6'8 in shoes than I believe it.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
I think that's pretty clear. If his mom and others who know him say he's 6'8 in shoes than I believe it.
Not questioning the validity, just wondering how these people know him besides one who seems to be mom

theydk14

ROCKNATION
Reaction Score
Not
Not wood works rock is my boy if u need info don't listen to the idiot fishy ...I got y'all

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Three things I already love about the rock:

1. He's got a lot of people around him who are clearly proud of him.
2. If he's coming to Uconn and he's under the radar, chances are hes better than he's been evaluated, so he'll want to prove that.
3. If Ollie likes him, he's a high character kid.

theydk14

ROCKNATION
Reaction Score
Rock Dunk.PNG
He is most definitely not an above-the-rim player and he's not as rangy as Jeff Adrien. He's going to have to learn how to gain space around the rim if he wants to score - he's going to eat his own shot for a while until he does.
and you say this idiotic comment because? oyea and that's an oop that he's throwing down.

theydk14

ROCKNATION
Reaction Score
bbb.PNG
Three things I already love about the rock:

1. He's got a lot of people around him who are clearly proud of him.
2. If he's coming to Uconn and he's under the radar, chances are hes better than he's been evaluated, so he'll want to prove that.
3. If Ollie likes him, he's a high character kid.
and he's ah coach on the floor

Reaction Score
Nolan could have had 12 points (in the Kentucky game) if he didn't have everything blocked.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Not

Not wood works rock is my boy if u need info don't listen to the idiot fishy ...I got y'all
I'm just saying, for a while we had just a few pictures and no real clue what his actual size was, then within like a week we got a dozen pictures and a real idea of where he is now size-wise.

Glad yall found the Yard and felt like sharing. Makes us even more excited that he's a Husky.

Reaction Score
Agreed…

Would like to see Nolan go on the Hilton Armstrong diet/workout plan this off=season He needs to add that muscle to his athleticism… That'd be sweet...

I am not sold on Nolan, and was disappointed in him not finishing at the rim a couple of plays during the Championship game. In addition he couldn't handle bullet passes or loose ball scraps. It could be only a matter of strength, and grip. He may start but he will have challengers next season. His summer development will be very critical and telling.

If he gets it together we are so solid all the way around. I for one, sure hope he does we need his potential to shine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom