Ive been trying to find Rakim Lubin's stats andhave not been able to | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ive been trying to find Rakim Lubin's stats andhave not been able to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Being 6'6 is kind of irrelevant in college if you're big and can play above the rim, both of which Lubin can do. I'm excited to see what he'll bring to the table next year.

Reaction Score
Being 6'6 is kind of irrelevant in college if you're big and can play above the rim, both of which Lubin can do. I'm excited to see what he'll bring to the table next year.

As am I... My whole point w/ this thread is expecting him to start and being a major difference maker is quite shortsighted. We may have a major sleeper; we might have a program player. But expecting him to play more than DHam or be the answer at the power forward spot is a bit much.

Reaction Score
As am I... My whole point w/ this thread is expecting him to start and being a major difference maker is quite shortsighted. We may have a major sleeper; we might have a program player. But expecting him to play more than DHam or be the answer at the power forward spot is a bit much.

Yea I agree with that 100%, I wasn't talking in regards to you at all I was just making a general statement about Lubin. I would be thrilled getting 5-10 mins a game of high energy from him.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
20 ppg
10 rpg
5 monster dunks per game
4 fouls to give per game
3 embarrassing posterizing dunks per game
2 manhandling intimations per game
2 menacing scowls per game
1 whatchoo lookin at expression per game

maybe a few more that I have not mentioned
At least one People's Eyebrow per game

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

He is most definitely not an above-the-rim player and he's not as rangy as Jeff Adrien. He's going to have to learn how to gain space around the rim if he wants to score - he's going to eat his own shot for a while until he does.

Reaction Score
here's a game from earlier in the year...

It is PAINFUL to watch and listen to. Lubin is #4 in white. There is no way he's a starter next year.

Reaction Score
Being part of the Ajou Ajou Deng era, forgive me if I don't post my evaluation until February 2015.

Reaction Score
here's a game from earlier in the year...

It is PAINFUL to watch and listen to. Lubin is #4 in white. There is no way he's a starter next year.

Easy there, Pat Riley.

Trying to deduce a lot from one game is dangerous, and fwiw personally I doubt he plays more than about 8 minutes a game next year.

Reaction Score
Bunch of clown comments throughout this post. Gonna be a loooong offseason on this board. If we get Brimah like progression throughout the year (even the overall min are a little less) I think we'll all be happy. I mean we are all rooting for the same team here right?

Reaction Score
What are you basing any of this on? Have you seen him play? Read something? I'm being serious. Nothing I have read or seen indicates that he's going to be a major contributor other than out of necessity.

I hope you are right, I hope he's great. But we really know nothing about him. He's going to play more than Hamilton? Really? Like I said, I saw one entire game that Lubin played in and he was outplayed by CJ Turman who is a solid 3 star prospect. Lubin's points were mostly free throws and cherry picking. He played ZERO, and I mean ZERO defense whatsoever and as the score became more and more lopsided gave less and less effort.

You seen him play ONCE! What if that one time he put up 30/15? Youd then say something completely different about him. You cant project a guy after just one game. The fact is no one knows what Lubin will be till we see him play a few games and even then we`ll only have a better picture of what he can and cant do. NOBODY here has seen enough of him to give an accurate scouting report on the kid. All we know is he a big athletic body.

Before this season started no one was talking about AB because all the talk was about Facey and how he might be talented enough to start at the 5. Some even suggested AB should red shirt and look how it turned out. AB got big minutes on our run to another title while Facey road the pine.

Reaction Score
I think the most pragmatic prediction for Lubin is that he has the impact that TSam gave us this past year. KO clearly likes to bring the freshmen along slowly (i assume DHam will be an exception, although that all depends on defense and playbook retention).

But, the blue goggles wearing part of me wants to remind everyone that he's ranked where TSam and Brimah were, and could be what AB was as a frosh, but just like TSam, i expect he play limited minutes until he picks everything up, then comes on as the season progresses.

Truth is, i LOVE TSam, and i hope we get a TSam-like player out of Lubin.

Reaction Score
You seen him play ONCE! What if that one time he put up 30/15? Youd then say something completely different about him. You cant project a guy after just one game. The fact is no one knows what Lubin will be till we see him play a few games and even then we`ll only have a better picture of what he can and cant do. NOBODY here has seen enough of him to give an accurate scouting report on the kid. All we know is he a big athletic body.

Before this season started no one was talking about AB because all the talk was about Facey and how he might be talented enough to start at the 5. Some even suggested AB should red shirt and look how it turned out. AB got big minutes on our run to another title while Facey road the pine.

Actually, just posted the second game I've seen him and he was a carbon copy both games, but I digress. If anything the "I've seen him play once" argument makes me a little more qualified to offer an opinion as opposed to some people in this thread who think he will be an instant starter and be the second coming of Kenneth Faried. My whole argument throughout this is that anyone thinking Lubin will come in and dominate simply b/c he shares a physical resemblance to Adrien is in for a rude awakening. I'm not dissing the kid; I'm very excited to see what he is and like the "type" of player he is supposed to be. I just hope some people here temper their expectations as from the admittedly little I've seen and read, those projecting a starter might be a bit premature in their thinking.

Reaction Score
Easy there, Pat Riley.

Trying to deduce a lot from one game is dangerous, and fwiw personally I doubt he plays more than about 8 minutes a game next year.

You are absolutely right. Did you watch any of this game? He's got some nice potential. Most of his points came from the line and he struggled to finish against bigger guys inside as Fishy alluded to earlier. He's also going to learn that he has to play hard and play defense if he wants to see any time. His coach let him and his teammates get away with a lot of loafing and a lot of lackadaisical play.

Reaction Score
When reality hits and this guy walks on to the court at 6-7 250 or so--he will be physically imposing to our other three guys. I don't care if hes 3 years younger than anyone--this guy is a powerfully built agile athletic man child of a person. My bet is if you threw a ball up between the 4 of them--Lubin would get it. He's the type of college PF that gives other teams nightmares on the glass. He's going to be needed to match up. Facey is very skinny even if he gains 10-12 pounds--he will be 30-35+ pounds lighter than Lubin. I think he makes immediate impact. No sense really arguing here--I think we have 4 good players. Lubin is going to be miles better than Ty Olander who was our third big this year facey being 4th. My hope from Facey is he can develop his outside shot a bit as a hybrid 3-4 like Daniels.

Reaction Score
I watched Lubin twice as well and it was tough to deduce anything. He was double teamed every time the ball was taken down the court and his guards could not get him the ball at all. He got very frustrated and died loaf towards the end - you could tell he was very unhappy with his teammates. That said, he did show very good athleticism and strength, with good hands to boot. He didn't show many post moves but he hits his free throws, even though his form is weird. With his physical traits and supposedly great work ethic, I expect him to be a great contributor in his career but I would be surprised if he played more than ten mpg next year.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Mainly makes me wonder how he's averaged what, 20+ and 12-15 per game?

Reaction Score
Thanks for the link. This guy looks like Kenneth Faried but with more intangibles. NBA player in 3 years and will help Uconn stay a force in the paint every game. Im thinking Lubin and Bridah backed up by Nolan and Facey. I dont see anyone who will keep Lubin from starting--he's a beast
Please tell me you were drunk when you wrote this. Who's Bridah? Lubin is Faried?

Reaction Score
You are absolutely right. Did you watch any of this game? He's got some nice potential. Most of his points came from the line and he struggled to finish against bigger guys inside as Fishy alluded to earlier. He's also going to learn that he has to play hard and play defense if he wants to see any time. His coach let him and his teammates get away with a lot of loafing and a lot of lackadaisical play.

I don't disagree that he's got a lot to learn but I think you watched the state championship game and got way too down on this kid off that. I'm sure he and his team were completely charged up, they came out and got pressed, found themselves in a rout in the blink of an eye, and things spiraled downhill. It happens, and to evaluate a player off that kind of game is kind of like evaluating Bobby Hurley off the 1990 title game. The other game you posted is from Thanksgiving, when he had just started with a new team and there was no chemistry at all - that's the period where Buford took most all of their losses for the year.

We haven't seen video from the state quarterfinal game where Lubin went for a double double with 30 plus, and we haven't seen video from the state semifinal game where he scored 19 in the fourth quarter (!) as part of a 37 point night to get to the finals. He must have been playing pretty darn hard then.

The kid was the Georgia AAA player of the year and the winning team's MVP of the AAA all star game for good measure. As a post player. In an All Star game.

You're completely correct that he's not going to come in and be a star or, almost certainly, even a starter. You and Fishy are also correct that he plays under the rim and learning to score down low will take some time.

But this kid was clearly doing a lot of things right down in Georgia this year, pretty much every kid needs to learn to play harder in transitioning from high school to college, and this particular kid committed after watching our famed hellacious first practice of the year.

So I think he's got a pretty good ticker, I think he's got talent, and I think he's going to help us next year.

Reaction Score
Actually the all star game was with kids from all classifications in Ga, not just AAA. Which you have Jakeen Gant who is a top 50 kid and Phil Coder top 100 kid he dominated them. Rebounds extremely well but his knack is kid is a flat scorer. More over before his back injury he was rated in some publications as high as 43 in the country. Due to games where He dominated the circuit guys like Stephen Zimmer who is as high as number five in 2015 class. He didn't pick up a ball from May until October so yes early games he was not playing above the rim. Was out of shape. Played Cj Thurman three times dominated him twice. Cj got the best of him in state championship because Morgan County guards out played buford guards. If you know anything about basketball guards run the show and Tookie out played Bufords guards. Rakim will rebound and score the basketball, defensively playing the four will be key for him as he's a great second guy shot blocker. Don't know if he'll start but know with guard play uconn has and his ability to score it will be hard to keep him off the floor.

Last edited:

theydk14

ROCKNATION
Reaction Score
Actually the all star game was with kids from all classifications in Ga, not just AAA. Which you have Jakeen Gant who is a top 50 kid and Phil Coder top 100 kid he dominated them. Rebounds extremely well but his knack is kid is a flat scorer. More over before his back injury he was rated in some publications as high as 43 in the country. Due to games where He dominated the circuit guys like Stephen Zimmer who is as high as number five in 2015 class. He didn't pick up a ball from May until October so yes early games he was not playing above the rim. Was out of shape. Played Cj Thurman three times dominated him twice. Cj got the best of him in state championship because Morgan County guards out played buford guards. If you know anything about basketball guards run the show and Tookie out played Bufords guards. Rakim will rebound and score the basketball, defensively playing the four will be key for him as he's a great second guy shot blocker. Don't know if he'll start but know with guard play uconn has and his ability to score it will be hard to keep him off the floor.
smart man rock has been underated all his life and has always taken out the best the kids ah monster with a work ethic of a champion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom