Ive been trying to find Rakim Lubin's stats andhave not been able to | The Boneyard

Ive been trying to find Rakim Lubin's stats andhave not been able to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If anyone knows out incoming recruits # from last year Lubin Hamilton Cassell can you post it here--thanks. Lastly Rubin at an athletic 6-8 245 wouldnt surprise me if he started PF especially since it said he can hit the mid range J. I like Facey's potential as well but hard to ignore the physical specimen part of Lubin. All bigs will play which is great for all of them.

Reaction Score
If anyone knows out incoming recruits # from last year Lubin Hamilton Cassell can you post it here--thanks. Lastly Rubin at an athletic 6-8 245 wouldnt surprise me if he started PF especially since it said he can hit the mid range J. I like Facey's potential as well but hard to ignore the physical specimen part of Lubin. All bigs will play which is great for all of them.

How do you know that Rakim can hit midrange J's? Because his coach said he could? Kirk King's coach said Kirk played like Scottie Pippen, too. It's amazing to me how enamored people are with Lubin based simply on body type. We really know nothing about him. He's also not 6-8. The one game that was streamed all year was his championship game against CJ Turman (former Tenn signee) who is listed at 6-9 and Lubin was at least two inches shorter.

The boneyard love reminds me of when Ben Eaves committed and we got scouting reports about his "Larry Bird" type game and his 40 inch vertical, etc. People had him as a starter at the 3. We all know how that went down. Listen, I hope Lubin is our starting 4 from the get go and is Jeff Adrien 2.0. But expecting that is very, very foolish imo. Adrien was a well established, consensus top 50-60 player. Lubin was a guy who seemed to disappear from all rankings and it became impossible to get a true scouting report on him from anyone but his coach. From watching him, Lubin is a guy with some athleticism, a lot of strength, and a world to learn about playing hard on every possession. I'd be shocked, even with our dearth of big men, if Lubin is anything more than a 5mpg guy.

Reaction Score
I think boog has it, if he learns how to play every possession he will get some decent minutes if he can just rebound the basketball and check people down low………..

Reaction Score
Thanks for the link. This guy looks like Kenneth Faried but with more intangibles. NBA player in 3 years and will help Uconn stay a force in the paint every game. Im thinking Lubin and Bridah backed up by Nolan and Facey. I dont see anyone who will keep Lubin from starting--he's a beast.
We go three guards and keep rotating and play 4 FC guys. While we lose outside range with size(Giffey Kromah Daniels) we gain some team speed in the backcourt and muscle in the frontcourt. Hamilton almost looks like a 6-8 PG reminds me a bit of Kyle Andersen. Were going to have a lot of moxy Samuels Boatright Purvis and Cassell --this team is going to be good--will have a chance to beat any team by end of year sans injury.
How do you know that Rakim can hit midrange J's? Because his coach said he could? Kirk King's coach said Kirk played like Scottie Pippen, too. It's amazing to me how enamored people are with Lubin based simply on body type. We really know nothing about him. He's also not 6-8. The one game that was streamed all year was his championship game against CJ Turman (former Tenn signee) who is listed at 6-9 and Lubin was at least two inches shorter.

The boneyard love reminds me of when Ben Eaves committed and we got scouting reports about his "Larry Bird" type game and his 40 inch vertical, etc. People had him as a starter at the 3. We all know how that went down. Listen, I hope Lubin is our starting 4 from the get go and is Jeff Adrien 2.0. But expecting that is very, very foolish imo. Adrien was a well established, consensus top 50-60 player. Lubin was a guy who seemed to disappear from all rankings and it became impossible to get a true scouting report on him from anyone but his coach. From watching him, Lubin is a guy with some athleticism, a lot of strength, and a world to learn about playing hard on every possession. I'd be shocked, even with our dearth of big men, if Lubin is anything more than a 5mpg guy.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the link. This guy looks like Kenneth Faried but with more intangibles. NBA player in 3 years and will help Uconn stay a force in the paint every game. Im thinking Lubin and Bridah backed up by Nolan and Facey. I dont see anyone who will keep Lubin from starting--he's a beast.
We go three guards and keep rotating and play 4 FC guys. While we lose outside range with size(Giffey Kromah Daniels) we gain some team speed in the backcourt and muscle in the frontcourt. Hamilton almost looks like a 6-8 PG reminds me a bit of Kyle Andersen. Were going to have a lot of moxy Samuels Boatright Purvis and Cassell --this team is going to be good--will have a chance to beat any team by end of year sans injury.

5 minutes a game--that is laughable. We have 4 frontcourt players and the other three are skinny. None of our frontcourt players gave much of a consistent effort but were able to hang in there. Lubin gives us a body that can contend with a guy like Hazrell(of which we had no chance) and gives us 250 pounds of athletic rebounder. This guy is thick powerful long arms has a good first jump at the ball gets right in there fights. Facey has 8 more minutes of experience at this level than Lubin and hes roughly 50 pounds lighter. I think Facey will be much improved but this guy is an animal and he will play more minutes than any freshmen(my bet)

Reaction Score
20 ppg
10 rpg
5 monster dunks per game
4 fouls to give per game
3 embarrassing posterizing dunks per game
2 manhandling intimations per game
2 menacing scowls per game
1 whatchoo lookin at expression per game

maybe a few more that I have not mentioned

5d231997759398fd54d0c1f438d55347_Generic.jpg

Reaction Score
5 minutes a game--that is laughable. We have 4 frontcourt players and the other three are skinny. None of our frontcourt players gave much of a consistent effort but were able to hang in there. Lubin gives us a body that can contend with a guy like Hazrell(of which we had no chance) and gives us 250 pounds of athletic rebounder. This guy is thick powerful long arms has a good first jump at the ball gets right in there fights. Facey has 8 more minutes of experience at this level than Lubin and hes roughly 50 pounds lighter. I think Facey will be much improved but this guy is an animal and he will play more minutes than any freshmen(my bet)

If Lubin plays more minutes than Daniels Hamilton this year I will eat my damn foot.

Lubin played with very low intensity in his high school games, but he looks to be about 6'6 240, and easily dunked the ball displaying excellent explosion/agility. I also saw in that tape some pretty soft hands. If he picks up the defensive rotations(always the hardest bit for freshmen) and brings a hard hat, he can get some time but lets be real he's going to be a rotation guy at best this year. Facey will be starting at the 4, probably playing bit minutes.

Reaction Score

This. On opening day, Nolan will start at the 4 (and backup the 5) and Brimah will start at the 5, and Lubin and Facey will be playing when Nolan sits and when Brimah slits and Nolan moves to the low post. But both of Brimah and Nolan can show they can play championship level defense and let other guys shoot on offense. Neither Facey nor Lubin has come close to showing that yet.

Reaction Score
This. On opening day, Nolan will start at the 4 (and backup the 5) and Brimah will start at the 5, and Lubin and Facey will be playing when Nolan sits and when Brimah slits and Nolan moves to the low post. But both of Brimah and Nolan can show they can play championship level defense and let other guys shoot on offense. Neither Facey nor Lubin has come close to showing that yet.

And when both our centers have fouled out by halftime, what then?

This thread is going a little nuts. I'm 100% confident Rock will be neither Ben Eaves nor Kenneth Faried next year. Looking forward to seeing where he falls on the massive spectrum between them.

Reaction Score
Agreed…

Would like to see Nolan go on the Hilton Armstrong diet/workout plan this off=season He needs to add that muscle to his athleticism… That'd be sweet...

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
boog204 said:
How do you know that Rakim can hit midrange J's? Because his coach said he could? Kirk King's coach said Kirk played like Scottie Pippen, too. It's amazing to me how enamored people are with Lubin based simply on body type. We really know nothing about him. He's also not 6-8. The one game that was streamed all year was his championship game against CJ Turman (former Tenn signee) who is listed at 6-9 and Lubin was at least two inches shorter. The boneyard love reminds me of when Ben Eaves committed and we got scouting reports about his "Larry Bird" type game and his 40 inch vertical, etc. People had him as a starter at the 3. We all know how that went down. Listen, I hope Lubin is our starting 4 from the get go and is Jeff Adrien 2.0. But expecting that is very, very foolish imo. Adrien was a well established, consensus top 50-60 player. Lubin was a guy who seemed to disappear from all rankings and it became impossible to get a true scouting report on him from anyone but his coach. From watching him, Lubin is a guy with some athleticism, a lot of strength, and a world to learn about playing hard on every possession. I'd be shocked, even with our dearth of big men, if Lubin is anything more than a 5mpg guy.

And some people thought Brimah had the potential to help us this season, despite his low recruiting rankings, and we know how that went down too. Plenty of people wanted us to pocket that scholly and not waste it on a raw project, but an empty chair wouldn't have helped us win a title.

Lubin can be something in between Adrien and Eaves - perhaps a role player and program guy who contributes more as his career progresses (Gavin Edwards, say - whose coach actually said he would never play at UConn). Perhaps a Toraino Walker, minus the prison sentence. Or even a guy like Okwandu proved to be worth it with his D on Derrick Williams. If nothing else, Lubin can play physical post defense in games when needed, and against Nolan/Brimah/Facey in practice and get those guys better at establishing post position against strength.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
And when both our centers have fouled out by halftime, what then?

This thread is going a little nuts. I'm 100% confident Rock will be neither Ben Eaves nor Kenneth Faried next year. Looking forward to seeing where he falls on the massive spectrum between them.

Agreed. Huge spectrum for Lubin to fall into. I hope he can give us 10 minutes of energy.

I really don't think Phil and AB should be on the court together as it will kill spacing on offense. That's why I think it's so important to get another big man on the team.

Reaction Score

What are you basing any of this on? Have you seen him play? Read something? I'm being serious. Nothing I have read or seen indicates that he's going to be a major contributor other than out of necessity.

I hope you are right, I hope he's great. But we really know nothing about him. He's going to play more than Hamilton? Really? Like I said, I saw one entire game that Lubin played in and he was outplayed by CJ Turman who is a solid 3 star prospect. Lubin's points were mostly free throws and cherry picking. He played ZERO, and I mean ZERO defense whatsoever and as the score became more and more lopsided gave less and less effort.

Reaction Score
And some people thought Brimah had the potential to help us this season, despite his low recruiting rankings, and we know how that went down too. Plenty of people wanted us to pocket that scholly and not waste it on a raw project, but an empty chair wouldn't have helped us win a title.

Lubin can be something in between Adrien and Eaves - perhaps a role player and program guy who contributes more as his career progresses (Gavin Edwards, say - whose coach actually said he would never play at UConn). Perhaps a Toraino Walker, minus the prison sentence. Or even a guy like Okwandu proved to be worth it with his D on Derrick Williams. If nothing else, Lubin can play physical post defense in games when needed, and against Nolan/Brimah/Facey in practice and get those guys better at establishing post position against strength.

Was just making the connection between some people's over-zealousness with Lubin as our starting 4 comps to when Eaves committed and some thought he was going to be a starter. I have no issues with Lubin being a "program guy" - we need guys like that. But insinuating that he's going to get the most minutes is insane as it is based on conjecture. The only true scouting report we have seen on Lubin is from his coach; and obviously, that needs to be taken with an enormous grain of salt. As mentioned before; according to their coaches Kirk King was Scottie Pippen, Kevin Freeman and Taliek were 3 point shooters, and Dion Carson (remember him?) was a "freak of nature" with his defensive ability.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

People are psyched because we have a bruiser again. SInce Jeff Adrien, the pickings have been slim in that department. No idea how he plays this year.

Reaction Score
Was just making the connection between some people's over-zealousness with Lubin as our starting 4 comps to when Eaves committed and some thought he was going to be a starter. I have no issues with Lubin being a "program guy" - we need guys like that. But insinuating that he's going to get the most minutes is insane as it is based on conjecture. The only true scouting report we have seen on Lubin is from his coach; and obviously, that needs to be taken with an enormous grain of salt. As mentioned before; according to their coaches Kirk King was Scottie Pippen, Kevin Freeman and Taliek were 3 point shooters, and Dion Carson (remember him?) was a "freak of nature" with his defensive ability.

There have been scouting reports of him, but I'm not sure how many made their way onto this board. Here are a few:

From Rivals on 11/26/13:
The Jared Cook Classic, held at North Gwinnett High School, continues to get bigger and better every year. This year's field is one of the best in the five year history of the event and led to some great action on Monday afternoon. Among the first day standouts were UConn commit Rakim Lubin, sophomore D'Marcus Simonds, Ohio signee Kendall Crute and many more.

Buford power forward Rakim Lubin transferred into the Georgia school from Gadsden City, Alabama earlier this year and coach Alan Whitehart sure is glad to have him. Just about every offensive set the Wolves run seems to end up in the hands of the 6'6, 250-pound prospect. After a slow start, Lubin hit his stride in the second quarter and played a huge role in Buford's 77-70 win over a talented Peachtree Ridge team. Lubin finished the night with 24 points, many of which came from the free throw line, and 13 rebounds.

HoopSeen covers Georgia High School basketball and is run by Justin Young, who used to be one of the top analysts for Rivals.
From 11/29/13
PF Rakim Lubin, Buford: After moving to the north Gwinnett county from Alabama and committing to UConn, there were a number of people that wanted to lay some eyes on the mammoth 6-foot-8 post player. Consider his first impression a good impression. Lubin had to match-up with some of the beefiest frontlines in the Atlanta metro area and stepped up to the challenge in his individual situations. Lubin set the tone for what should be a very productive season moving forward.

From 3/9/14
The Rakim Lubin and CJ Turman matchup did not disappoint. Buford’s Lubin transferred in from Alabama and immediately made an impact. Once he got settled in Lubin became the most dominating player in Region 7. He committed to Connecticut. Turman, who has signed with Tennessee, was always a focal point to the Bulldogs offense. He showed this season that he was more than just a defensive presence. Turman was a force inside on both ends of the floor. Watching these two guys inside it was nice that the officials let them play. If both of their colleges play one another on the next level look for the same physical action.

ESPN Scouting Report from 4/8/14:
Strengths:
Lubin is a powerful four-man with a low center of gravity and a high level of athleticism. He's a power player inside the lane who establishes prime real estate and is very difficult to move. He finishes well through contact at the rim and will also catch lobs. He changes ends, moves adequately laterally, and creates so much contact that he gets to the free-throw line.

Weaknesses:
He's a little undersized for a true post player and somewhat limited offensively. He has some raw face-up tools, but nothing that is ready to translate the college level on a consistent basis. He's not a true low post presence at the moment either and so offensively he's really just a catch-and-finisher player at this point.

Bottom Line:
An undersized power forward who compensates with power and athleticism alike, Lubin will provide interior depth and hope to grow into a more critical contributor as he develops his offensive tools.

I'll be surprised if he becomes a starter, but he will definitely be able to play meaningful minutes off the bench.

Reaction Score
All I want out of him his freshman year is some energy and rebounding off the bench with competent defense and the ability to get some clean-up points around the rim. If he provides that in limited time off the bench, I will be more than happy.

Reaction Score
Can we get one thing clear please? Phil Nolan and Amida Brimah will not start together. Okay that's better.

With the players that we have at the moment, it's entirely possible that they will.

Reaction Score
ESPN Scouting Report from 4/8/14:
Strengths:
Lubin is a powerful four-man with a low center of gravity and a high level of athleticism. He's a power player inside the lane who establishes prime real estate and is very difficult to move. He finishes well through contact at the rim and will also catch lobs. He changes ends, moves adequately laterally, and creates so much contact that he gets to the free-throw line.

Weaknesses:
He's a little undersized for a true post player and somewhat limited offensively. He has some raw face-up tools, but nothing that is ready to translate the college level on a consistent basis. He's not a true low post presence at the moment either and so offensively he's really just a catch-and-finisher player at this point.

Bottom Line:
An undersized power forward who compensates with power and athleticism alike, Lubin will provide interior depth and hope to grow into a more critical contributor as he develops his offensive tools.

I'll be surprised if he becomes a starter, but he will definitely be able to play meaningful minutes off the bench.

Translation, 4 year athlete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom