Is Tennessee Out of the Tournament? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Is Tennessee Out of the Tournament?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm a bit ambivalent about in or out. Emotionally, because I remember the Pat led UT Vols and the great games UC and they had; I'm leaning towards them being IN. On a moral thought: Fair is fair, your status is that which you earned TODAY. However, if that were Uconn in the future I'd be very pleased the Committee remember the power that once was.
I'm sure many including Coach @Rsherm will disagree.

BroadwayVa, I'll surprise you and want TN IN the NCAA's! I want them in so they can be embarrassed in round 1 by a mediocre lower seed by like 40+ points!
IMHO TN cannot suffer enough! If they lose every game but score 1 point all season I'd be pi--ed!
What TN did to Maya Moore and her Mom and UCONN in general was unthinkable but somehow TN found a way to stoop that low! Jealousy is a really bad trait to have!

Reaction Score
BroadwayVa, I'll surprise you and want TN IN the NCAA's! I want them in so they can be embarrassed in round 1 by a mediocre lower seed by like 40+ points!
IMHO TN cannot suffer enough! If they lose every game but score 1 point all season I'd be pi--ed!
What TN did to Maya Moore and her Mom and UCONN in general was unthinkable but somehow TN found a way to stoop that low! Jealousy is a really bad trait to have!

RSV I think a lot of Boneyarders want your scenario to play out.... Personally I do not care if they are in or out.... they are no threat to go any distance.... but in support of your stance I am behind you!

Reaction Score
I agree with the last para mostly, I too think: Play them and beat them.
I don't hate the kids that play at UT. I think their Administration stinks. Holly is terrible. But the kids had nothing to do with the Maya incident. If Pat was the leader in that attempt to destroy Uconn in the NCAA, it failed and she is dead
If you must dislike UT--hate their Administration--they didn't have Pats disease and they pushed the NCAA complaint.
I agree play them in the NCAA and home and home--and take all of Geno and Uconn's dislike of the Maya incident out in those games--win them big. Certainly Geno has motivation.

Reaction Score
If Lady Vols are not invited to the NCAA Tournament might this be the 1st time in history that the school was excluded?
Does anyone know for sure?

Reaction Score
I agree with the last para mostly, I too think: Play them and beat them.
I don't hate the kids that play at UT. I think their Administration stinks. Holly is terrible. But the kids had nothing to do with the Maya incident. If Pat was the leader in that attempt to destroy Uconn in the NCAA, it failed and she is dead
If you must dislike UT--hate their Administration--they didn't have Pats disease and they pushed the NCAA complaint.
I agree play them in the NCAA and home and home--and take all of Geno and Uconn's dislike of the Maya incident out in those games--win them big. Certainly Geno has motivation.

Hey BroadwayVa,! I agree with you 100% that today's Lady Vol roster is blame-free and I don't carry over my dislike to them because of the administration and MOST (not all) of their fans! But I still feel as Geno did that TN administrators should apologize to Maya Moore and her Mom for their pettiness BEFORE UCONN plays TN in the future!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
None of the kids on this team have played UConn and may even be too young to remember the rivalry. Let’s remember who were angry with, and it certainly isn’t the teenagers and young 20 somethings on the Lady Vols team

Some of the dopes over on the Summitt, well, i hope they cry long and hard after every loss in complete misery

Reaction Score
Tennessee is 6-7 in the SEC with three games left with the remaining teams being South Carolina, Ole Miss, and Vanderbilt. If they go 3-0, they are 9-7 in the SEC and definitely get in. The only way they don't get in, IMO, just because they are Tennessee, is if they go 1-2, which I just don't see.

Reaction Score
Hey BroadwayVa,! I agree with you 100% that today's Lady Vol roster is blame-free and I don't carry over my dislike to them because of the administration and MOST (not all) of their fans! But I still feel as Geno did that TN administrators should apologize to Maya Moore and her Mom for their pettiness BEFORE UCONN plays TN in the future!
It would be nice if someone--anyone --from U Tenn would apologize for the lies told and the close (if not actual) defamation of character of Geno and Maya and family was given. I won't hold my breath.
I've been on the Vol Nation as a Geno supporter and have been treated fairly. I have not discussed the Maya or the incident on that board.
I'm old, I have so many regrets and so many that I should have forgiven and not- only to find --I'm carrying that pain that could have ended. Humans as they are --are often foolish, I'm no exception.

Reaction Score
None of the kids on this team have played UConn and may even be too young to remember the rivalry. Let’s remember who were angry with, and it certainly isn’t the teenagers and young 20 somethings on the Lady Vols team

Some of the dopes over on the Summitt, well, i hope they cry long and hard after every loss in complete misery

Nan, in the post right before yours I stated I did not hold any of recent rosters involved in TN attack on UCONN!
Just the coaches and administration at the time and TN fans that still think the "charges" are and were true!

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I had seen the Vol Letter from Fulmer on VolNation site and thought initially that AD Fulmer was giving a “vote of confidence” where as with this link provided, the letter is more a “State of all athletics” where the AD is communicating about how well the programs were doing or are doing. He has to speak positively about all the programs. So while I too, was rubbing my hands in glee, thinking that Holly was officially “on watch”, that does not seem to be the case, nor should it at this point in the season. I type this while watching Tennessee is losing to SC in the 4th.

There have been some insightful and logical posts on the merits that Tenn has over other bubble teams and I agree their win over an inconsistent Mizzou team has them in. Counting this SC loss, this current squad does need to win their last two SEC games to finish 8-8 and still may need to win 1 SEC Tournament game to really secure their spot.

What I do find very frustrating is 7, 8 or 9 SEC teams potentially getting bids. This is the worst of the P5 Conferences according to Massey. Not only that but the conference SOS is 6th behind the Big East. So to have that many teams out of 14 make the tournament is an embarrassment for the NCAA.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As for the tournament I say fine if they are in great.... a phyrric victory but one none the less.... too bad Tennessee is not seeming to care about their LVs....

The game today wow..... South Carolina tried all they could to help.... sitting Te'a Cooper due to injury but Tennessee still lost by double digits..... The Tennessee air balls gave me a breeze out west here.... and Evina Westbrook, yes a gifted player... but some of the junk she throws up there..... as my friend Vowelguy would say Take that BS out of here..... She is much too talented not to participate in a team concept

Reaction Score
Just watched UT vs SC too. The Vols have no offense which is okay because they have no defense either. But they do have some players who are athletes. So I would agree with those folks who have suggested that “on any given night” is an apt expression for them.

SC didn’t look great either. The Vols gave them a big lead early and that was the game. Zones really hurt SC.

Reaction Score
Tennessee is 6-7 in the SEC with three games left with the remaining teams being South Carolina, Ole Miss, and Vanderbilt. If they go 3-0, they are 9-7 in the SEC and definitely get in. The only way they don't get in, IMO, just because they are Tennessee, is if they go 1-2, which I just don't see.
What place would that put them in the SEC for tournament seeding if they go 9-7 ?

Will they have to have a play in game for the SEC tournament ?

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
If Lady Vols are not invited to the NCAA Tournament might this be the 1st time in history that the school was excluded?
Does anyone know for sure?

There's a first time for everything!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
After the loss to SC today, it’s really not clear whether the LV’s are gonna get an invite to the Big Dance or not. But the most entertaining thing about the game today was that HW was miked up.

I was struck by the fact that every time ESPN played one of HW’s miked segments, no matter the situation or what her team needed, all she did was to exhort her team to “play harder!” There was no strategy discussed. No plays were called. Just “Play harder!”

Yes, I can see why Phil Fulmer likes her so much....:rolleyes:

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
It's crazy that the talking heads are saying if TENN wins the last 2 games against lousy teams they are in. How about some quality wins? .500 in your Conference isn't good enough.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
After the loss to SC today, it’s really not clear whether the LV’s are gonna get an invite to the Big Dance or not. But the most entertaining thing about the game today was that HW was miked up.

I was struck by the fact that every time ESPN played one of HW’s miked segments, no matter the situation or what her team needed, all she did was to exhort her team to “play harder!” There was no strategy discussed. No plays were called. Just “Play harder!”

Yes, I can see why Phil Fulmer likes her so much....:rolleyes:

My wife and I were talking about that. At one point she said "We need buckets at that end and stops at this end". Brilliant strategy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom