Iona | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Iona

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
This is UConn's highest seed in the NCAA tournament since 2011. The fact that we get to beat Pitino is just icing on the cake. I think this is a great match-up for us to start our tournament run. High visibility, eminently winnable game.
Iona is ranked 74th in KenPom, 79th in offense and 67th in defense, while UConn is 4th, 6th, and 18th, respectively. Stop the doom scrolling. Take care of business.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
UConn is basically hot. right now against way better competition Iona presses. Lets see how they score against our D. And i’m think we have a few guys who can press pretty well if need be.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Just make sure you ask for clean tablecloths at any Irish bar in Albany (McGeary's included) and we'll be fine...

Reaction Score
You know what’s funny? Somewhere Kansas fans are saying they got shafted with us as their 4 seed
It’s one of the strongest regions in a pretty long time. Kansas UConn Gonzaga UCLA all had claims at being ranked #1 at some point this year. On the plus it could be a tourney revenge tour for us

Reaction Score
Honestly, Iona has zero depth. Their guys go over 32 minutes pretty much. You keep running guys into the game. Keep our keys guys fresh, you should be fine. As for running guys at Hawkins like Shaka, you better have a 6'8 kid like Prosper. Hawkins should be able to elevate and drive on guys his size. Look. I know it's Pitino, I know Hurley has had trouble in the Tourmament, but you gotta beat Iona especially when their best player is a 6'2" guard. You can play him with a variety of guys including Diarra. I worry about the 6'7" small fowards who can shoot it and drive like we got last year much more.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Brutal bracket. SM, Gonzaga, UCLA, and Kansas...yeesh.

We did get robbed of a 3 seed. The football conferences still influencing everything. Bleh.

Hurley knows the path now.

First hurdle...get out of the darn first round. That would be an improvement.

With this team though, despite getting screwed seedwise, should be Sweet 16 or we gotta start asking questions.
Not as brutal as some are claiming.

Three seed, four seed, at this point it no longer matters. We need to play the teams in front of us.

I don't see how playing at the closest sub-regional against a MAAC school is getting screwed, but......

Reaction Score
I'll post a scouting report tomorrow, but I've seen Iona three times this season and their full court press is tough to play against. Three high-major caliber starters too in Nelly Junior Joseph, Dannis Jenkins and Walter Clayton Jr.

We're the much better team, but not the #13 seed I wanted to play.

If VCU advances (which I think they will), Iona will be a heck of a warm up for VCU's defense.

Can Iona drill crazy a z z 3’s?

Reaction Score
Possible matchups vs Iona and VCU. Two of the best pressing teams in the country. And UConn may face both. With no PG and the way they play under pressure I’d love to know how DH will prepare for that scenario.
Do you think he will enough time?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom