Injuries continuing to pile up for UConn football team | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Injuries continuing to pile up for UConn football team

Reaction Score
Losing Houston would leave us incredibly thin at RB. Swenson came off as well and it didn't seem like he returned, also our Center was dinged up a few times, and hopefully Turner sitting the last few series after the fumble was just a coaches decision.
Guidone did leave for a few plays… Fortin airmailed Millen to cause the safety. Guidone was back in for the end.

Reaction Score
eh arent most of the injuries ACLs, separations, and broken bones? can't do much about any of those
Plenty you can do to strengthen the supporting muscle groups and keep the joints flexible. Bones you can’t do much with granted. Just suggesting it ought to be looked at.

Reaction Score
Plenty you can do to strengthen the supporting muscle groups and keep the joints flexible. Bones you can’t do much with granted. Just suggesting it ought to be looked at.
you really can't do anything about separations and dislocations. the oddest thing about joint separation/dislocaiton issues is that dislocations and separations correlate highly with high testosterone levels among both men and women. that's why athletes are more susceptible to dislocations and separations than the general population.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
you really can't do anything about separations and dislocations. the oddest thing about joint separation/dislocaiton issues is that dislocations and separations correlate highly with high testosterone levels among both men and women. that's why athletes are more susceptible to dislocations and separations than the general population
So you're saying I DON'T actually suffer from Low T?

1665290323362.png

I knew Flutie and Frank Thomas were full of s^t

Reaction Score
you really can't do anything about separations and dislocations. the oddest thing about joint separation/dislocaiton issues is that dislocations and separations correlate highly with high testosterone levels among both men and women. that's why athletes are more susceptible to dislocations and separations than the general population.
There is an interesting research article that correlates with what you and I are both taking about.

Reaction Score
There is an interesting research article that correlates with what you and I are both taking about.

I am referring to muscular and tendon imbalances which result from loading (I.e., exercises) during growth. This appears to be a function of hormonal levels during growth and how the tissue develops. So, if you got guys doing squats, leg presses and deadlifts without any extensions, lateral hip extensions, curls and lunges, you create imbalances among muscle groups.

I just think somebody ought to look at what they are doing to see if they are rounding out their work or just loading up the bar.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Who was the center on the snap that almost went over Zions head?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

Our OL is moving people, Our DL is not getting pushed around and we are making more one on one tackles. S&C is fine. Recruit better bodies so you don't have to max out marginal players just to compete and you'll have fewer injuries.

If I'm looking at anyone it's the guy responsible for the cleats and maybe the tape up crew.

Reaction Score
Why are people needing to find people to blame for injuries? The NFL spends huge amounts of money on staff for S&C and medical and they can't prevent injuries. It's just part of the game. (the part that makes the future of football iffy.)
I’d definitely look at more Pilates/Yoga etc., just in case. These guys put a lot of pressure on their bodies. As a coach, even if you think it is just bad luck, you have to try and mitigate it going forward.

The big issue that makes me lean toward it being bad luck is that the injuries are happening to our really talented players. Even last night, the guys hurt or cramping were indispensable players. Zion, Guidone, Swenson and Houston might be 4 of the 5 most important players we have left (Jackson Mitchell being #5)

Reaction Score
I think the S&C program might need a closer look. Too many injuries to be pure bad luck.
Highly speculative unless you can point to a pattern of specific types of injuries and circumstances.

Reaction Score
Should have lined him up under center. Hopefully Charlton learns going forward.
Good point, but I think Millen is more comfortable in the shotgun, and the offense runs for him through that.

Reaction Score
The cramping makes me wonder. One or two players, I get it. But it was widespread. I think this was an issue at Utah State as well.

It could also be that with our injuries we are very thin, and we can’t rotate as much.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
The cramping makes me wonder. One or two players, I get it. But it was widespread. I think this was an issue at Utah State as well.

It could also be that with our injuries we are very thin, and we can’t rotate as much.
Miami (humidity) and Utah (elevation) are two environments climate-wise that are hard to prepare for.

Reaction Score
Miami (humidity) and Utah (elevation) are two environments climate-wise that are hard to prepare for.

Sure. Yet teams manage to do it all the time. They need to look at how they hydrate beforehand. There’s clearly opportunity to improve here.

Reaction Score
The only proposition made is they ought to look at their S&C program to see if they can improve the situation. Maybe they can. Maybe they can’t.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom