Indiana Post Game Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Indiana Post Game Thread

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Indiana is a good program with an incredible fan base. They travel, they're loyal, they cheer their team on

No problem what-so-ever with Indiana fans, I like them

We're just too good right now

PS: and I think Woody has to do better

Reaction Score
Khalid, Rip Hamilton, Ricky Moore?
Ben Gordon, Rashad Anderson, Denham Brown?
AJ Price, Jerome Dyson, Kemba?
Kemba, Shabazz, Jeremy Lamb?
Kemba, baz and lamb was my first thought. All three were drafted in the first round and played multiple years. Also includes 4 rings.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
"post mortem?"

Britney Spears What GIF

Post Morton.

After the salt.

Reaction Score

Anyone else get weirdly reminded of this game? Only of course with us playing the role of Sparty and IU being 17-18 hapless UConn.

Plucky team, semi-competitive first half, fighting hard to stay within shouting distance for a decent chunk of the second half, but then absolutely blasted towards the end because the other team really was just that much better than you. Didn't even realize the final scores were identical until I looked at the box!
i made the point to my brother that this indiana team looked like a bit like a late-career kevin ollie team. they kept hanging around, getting close, then making a series of mistakes. finally, their spirit was broken and it turned into a blowout.

i don't miss those days.

Reaction Score
i made the point to my brother that this indiana team looked like a bit like a late-career kevin ollie team. they kept hanging around, getting close, then making a series of mistakes. finally, their spirit was broken and it turned into a blowout.

i don't miss those days.
Wow, those were some dark times. Next game they lost to Akansas 102-67 and then Auburn clobbered them 89-64. I think that was the year they had back-to-back OT wins vs Columbia and Monmouth.

Just ouch.

Reaction Score

i don't miss those days.
There were Indiana fans sitting in front of me who kept getting so mad every time they did the infamous weave to start a possession noting how bad the offense is. It really did feel like the KO experience watching them try and run something.

Reaction Score
It's usually something college coaches don't teach anymore. Personally, I like to... but from a strength standpoint, he's dropping the ball because he doesn't have much of a standing jump and NEEDS to in order to dunk the ball. When you jump as high as you can, you swing your arms, right? Same idea.
Man, I'm having severe traumatic flashbacks to 2009.

Reaction Score
I'll admit, I'm a bit worried about Clingan. His defensive value is without question (even if it doesn't show up in the stats). But he had a really rough game offensively. He's going to get hacked to death around the bucket and he just needs to work on playing through it all. I felt like his hands were a bit weaker than what we're used to seeing from him...so maybe he's still rusty from his injury? Tonight will be a good test.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Just saw an article on "Inside the Hall" that began with this: "The crowd at Madison Square Garden Sunday was overwhelmingly cream and crimson, but..."

Reaction Score
I'll admit, I'm a bit worried about Clingan. His defensive value is without question (even if it doesn't show up in the stats). But he had a really rough game offensively. He's going to get hacked to death around the bucket and he just needs to work on playing through it all. I felt like his hands were a bit weaker than what we're used to seeing from him...so maybe he's still rusty from his injury? Tonight will be a good test.

Clingan has never had particularly great hands. It seems like a couple writers wrote that he had good hands in articles, and people have run with it--it was never true though. Big boys develop later, so it's not really a surprise. He'll get there.

Reaction Score
If DC had finished a dunk and lay up he is 11 points and 11 rebounds, 2 blocks, 2 assists, 2 steals.2, a very nice line. He was 5-8 from the line, not great but movement in the right direction.

Aside from the numbers he changed two shots in the first few possessions. That helped set the defensive tone for the game.

On area that must improve is the guards and DC have to get on the same page. They expected alley oops and threw them when DC was not ready. In fact, they were never really in sync with DC when he did clear out space.

I do agree he is still coming back from the injury. It also affects his his explosion a bit. As he rounds into shape, he will become what we expect.

Reaction Score
Clingan has never had particularly great hands. It seems like a couple writers wrote that he had good hands in articles, and people have run with it--it was never true though. Big boys develop later, so it's not really a surprise. He'll get there.
He really just needs to finish better. It’s been beaten like a dead horse but he seems to be too rushed and erratic. Also, i’ve noticed he’s often too deep towards the baseline when he gets the ball and doesn’t work to get in more ideal position. Just little things that can easily be ironed out, but they need to happen sooner rather than later.

Reaction Score
He really just needs to finish better. It’s been beaten like a dead horse but he seems to be too rushed and erratic. Also, i’ve noticed he’s often too deep towards the baseline when he gets the ball and doesn’t work to get in more ideal position. Just little things that can easily be ironed out, but they need to happen sooner rather than later.

I think this is where his HS path is starting to show. Just doesn't have the experience versus defenders this size and offense always takes a little longer to develop.

Reaction Score
From what I seen of Donovan since he’s been here is that he has good hands. I think due to expectations some are too hard on him. His offense hasn’t produced great results yet but he isn’t getting the ball in the spots he did last year. His defense is really what makes him indispensable and Clingan will continue to improve. The season is early but Donovan is still averaging 13 & 7 in 21 minutes. He also clears out a lot of space making it easier for our other players to rebound.

Reaction Score
Indiana is a good program with an incredible fan base. They travel, they're loyal, they cheer their team on

No problem what-so-ever with Indiana fans, I like them

We're just too good right now

PS: and I think Woody has to do better
The highest college applications for high school students in ct is UConn. The second is Indiana. Lot of fairfield counties Westchester and New Jersey alumni from there

Reaction Score
Was impressed with Newton's D and leadership vs Indiana.Had tough on ball D-Hitting the boards-Communicating with teammates on rotations-esp. the young bucks.Much more vocal this year.

He and Cam will do a good job holding down the fort until Steph gets back. Can see where Steph would have/could have helped yesterday. Cam is highly efficient in a quiet way. Great leader through his actions.

Dan had to be happy with the rebounding and tough D for game 4 of the season.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I guess what he's saying is Mike Woodson can't coach.
Talent alone does not win basketball games. Players and teamwork beat talent most of the the time. Woodson is a very good defensive coach. They played very good defensively made us work to get our shots. I think IU will be a middle of the pack B1G team this year.

Reaction Score
Players and teamwork beat talent most of the the time.

Meh, idk about that. Talent wins most of the time. Now if the talent is pretty close, teamwork and coaching will make a huge difference. But MOST of the time? No.

Stonehill wasn't going to beat us no matter how much teamwork they had. They are actually a very well-coached and bought in team.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Meh, idk about that. Talent wins most of the time. Now if the talent is pretty close, teamwork and coaching will make a huge difference. But MOST of the time? No.

Stonehill wasn't going to beat us no matter how much teamwork they had. They are actually a very well-coached and bought in team.
Ok I will modify my statement it was too absolute. But IU has talent. It’s not like we were way better from a talent standpoint. Also to clarify TN is not exceptionally quick or can’t jump over you, he was not the most talented player from a physical skills point of view, but he was the best basketball player on the court followed closely in this game by Cam. Neither of those guys overwhelm you with physical talent but they get where they need to get and make shots. They are the definition of basketball players.

Reaction Score
Why do people always confuse athleticism and measurables with talent? Cam Spencer won't win any athletic and size competitions against other high major D1 basketball players but he's an extremely talented player.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom