Indiana Post Game Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Indiana Post Game Thread

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Definitely need to see more from the center position for both Johnson and Clingan (only 3 shots....) for scoring. I think that's coming. You can also sorta give a bunch of the Ball points to the bench if we had Castle - these games without Castle are huge for Ball.

We keep saying who is going to be the Joey C guy this year. Well, why not Roumoglou? He only took one three, but that stroke is pure. Joey turned into a good if not great defender and Roum has been here for two years - he has to have some defensive chops at this point. I would love to see him turn into that instant offense from deep off the bench to spur or extend a run.
I agree on Roumoglou. He looks more comfortable out there than Ross or Stewart. He will shoot the ball and he appears to be one of our better outside shooters. At least with the small sample size his jump shot looks pretty smooth. And he is longer than Ross or Stewart. I actually think he may be a bit taller than AK. I would like to see him get more of a chance. Must be his defense. But he seems to go after rebounds.

Reaction Score
"post mortem?"

Britney Spears What GIF

Reaction Score
Here’s a crazy stat when you hear it out loud:

The last non conference team to beat UConn…..New Mexico St…
Uhh not really that crazy to me. I remember that game well

Reaction Score
We are but we are only 7 deep. One of Diarra, Stewart, or Ross needs step up.
Diarra ALWAYS seems to be in a rush. He needs to relax and use that intensity on defense and not on trying to put up a shot as soon as he gets in the game.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I have to admit I'm not expecting as much this year (i.e don't think we'll get to the F4) but I'm going to enjoy it all.
You're saying you were expecting to get to the F4 at this time last year?

Reaction Score
You mean Stewart and Ross who almost don't seem to be on the floor when in as they never look for their shot or do anything special. Only Castle and Ball have made an impact. I know Singare played garbage minutes but he looks pretty strong and wouldn't mind seeing him get more minutes if our bigs get into foul trouble.
Perhaps my opinion of just how befuddled Mgbako looks differs from yours.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Newton has made himself a triple double threat every game. He's become the guy you want with the ball late in the shot clock. I feel like as long as he is not the #1 option on offense, we will hurt people really badly. I think we need 20 combined points/rebounds from Clingan, Karaban to not have an off shooting night (even if he's scoring the 13 like he did today). I feel like Spencer is going to be consistent shooter but we'll need something from the off-guard spot and the bench.

A lot of first time at MSG in a big game jitters from the new guys, hopefully they settle in. We'll need them to discourage the double teams inside.

Reaction Score
It was probably about early December when everyone started saying UConn was the team to beat. And then January came.

Reaction Score
Yes, go look at my posts. I thought the team was clearly the best team in the country. I had the same feeling as 2011. They dominated in the OOC. Just needed to get out of that badly-reffed BE and they'd show everyone up.

Reaction Score

Anyone else get weirdly reminded of this game? Only of course with us playing the role of Sparty and IU being 17-18 hapless UConn.

Plucky team, semi-competitive first half, fighting hard to stay within shouting distance for a decent chunk of the second half, but then absolutely blasted towards the end because the other team really was just that much better than you. Didn't even realize the final scores were identical until I looked at the box!

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score

Anyone else get weirdly reminded of this game? Only of course with us playing the role of Sparty and IU being 17-18 hapless UConn.

Plucky team, semi-competitive first half, fighting hard to stay within shouting distance for a decent chunk of the second half, but then absolutely blasted towards the end because the other team really was just that much better than you. Didn't even realize the final scores were identical until I looked at the box!
nope

Reaction Score
Diarra ALWAYS seems to be in a rush. He needs to relax and use that intensity on defense and not on trying to put up a shot as soon as he gets in the game.
If his minutes were doubled in this game he could've had a double double in assists and rebounds.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
I thought the ball movement was better in the second half and was glad to see more drive and kickouts for our shooters. We need to keep doing what works. We are intelligent players, something not lost on the announcers. We play each series with a hunger that most teams can't match for 2 halves.

Worried about our strength if Clingan is not in. Karaban was pushed around today but he was also last year early on. Last year we could move AJ on their best player to shut him down. We need to find that guy this year.

The only bad stretch was when both teams kept pulling up for jump shots but happy to see that we are not going big stretches with no points. I think we are going to be good but we need to get back to 9-10 deep in case of injuries.

Reaction Score
Khalid, Rip Hamilton, Ricky Moore?
Ben Gordon, Rashad Anderson, Denham Brown?
AJ Price, Jerome Dyson, Kemba?
Kemba, Shabazz, Jeremy Lamb?
2011 a long time ago, even bazz and boat season was now 10 years ago

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
They looked better, and I think everything is on track for another stellar season. I liked SJ tonight, he just might live up to some of the hype with game time seasoning. Ball improving too, we'd be raving if even one more of his 3s dropped. Even if points didn't come from the bench it sure looked like we wore IU out with the constant rotations. And I'm in the "Newton is tops" camp, he just does it all and when he's in the right groove a foul magnet and FT driller. Underrated if ever there was a guy IMO.

Texas should be a good game and another ramping up of difficulty. GO HUSKIES!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom