If Warde Manuel Leaves | Page 8 | The Boneyard

If Warde Manuel Leaves

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Unfortunately for us very little about the lawsuit against the ACC is remembered beyond Blumenthal (which in the general public's eyes means UConn) leading the charge.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Oh god here we go again. Your argument would hold water if life was fair unfortunately it stuck to us thanks to that crusading left wing pos, that was our AG at the time.

Let me say it more clearly, so that all the chuckleheads can understand it. Businessmen DO NOT make multimillion dollar, long-term decisions based on whether or not they dislike the senator of the state that the school resides! If you believe that, I have some land in the everglades to sell you. Do you get it now??? :confused:

Reaction Score
Let me say it more clearly, so that all the chuckleheads can understand it. Businessmen DO NOT make multimillion dollar, long-term decisions based on whether or not they dislike the senator of the state that the school resides! If you believe that, I have some land in the everglades to sell you. Do you get it now??? :confused:

Oh ok. So then there must be some valid tangible reason why the lawsuit is pinned on us. Because Shalalalalalala wouldn't even return Herbst's phone calls. There's bad blood for some reason.

This is like discovery learning.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Oh ok. So then there must be some valid tangible reason why the lawsuit is pinned on us. Because Shalalalalalala wouldn't even return Herbst's phone calls. There's bad blood for some reason.

This is like discovery learning.

Sometimes, you really make me wonder if you are serious or not. For about a week's worth, all across the media, we were "penned in" as the next addition to the ACC. It came out that Fla St and Clemson, among others, were concerned that our football would water them down. The rest of the ACC made a decision to strengthen the unity of all members (football-centric included) by dropping whatever academic pretense they held and going for Louisville in the last minute instead of UConn. Everyone on the board is aware of the drama that unfolded, since I see countless threads talking about Manuel in the Virgin Islands and all the other horsecrap.

So the bottom line is: Why on earth would everyone in the media believe we were "penned in" (not penciled) if it was a forgone conclusion that Shalalalalalala's hatred of us stopped us from entering? The question is rhetorical...

http://articles.courant.com/2012-12...sville-fans-uconn-football-program-tom-jurich

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Oh God, here we go again. I'll explain it for the 95th time: Blumenthal has NOTHING to do with conference realignment. If he did, we would still have Pitt in the American with us. Pitt's Nordenburg literally LED the efforts to sue the ACC! And Pitt joined the ACC two conference raids ago. The idea that a conference doesn't add a school because they don't like the state's attorney general / senator is beyond laughable. They didn't add us because of money and the perception of Louisville offering better football. That's all...

http://old.post-gazette.com/sports/pitt/20030607bigeastpitt1p1.asp
Really?! Really?! Man you gotta calm down, it's ain't even next Wednesday yet! You goin by the way ? Or should I just yell out DUH ! For asking that question?

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Really?! Really?! Man you gotta calm down, it's ain't even next Wednesday yet! You goin by the way ? Or should I just yell out DUH ! For asking that question?

Really? Really!

By going, do you mean to the Signing Day event? If so, I'm not gonna make that. However, I'll be at the Spring Game, with family in tow...

Reaction Score
Sometimes, you really make me wonder if you are serious or not. For about a week's worth, all across the media, we were "penned in" as the next addition to the ACC. It came out that Fla St and Clemson, among others, were concerned that our football would water them down. The rest of the ACC made a decision to strengthen the unity of all members (football-centric included) by dropping whatever academic pretense they held and going for Louisville in the last minute instead of UConn. Everyone on the board is aware of the drama that unfolded, since I see countless threads talking about Manuel in the Virgin Islands and all the other horsecrap.

So the bottom line is: Why on earth would everyone in the media believe we were "penned in" (not penciled) if it was a forgone conclusion that Shalalalalalala's hatred of us stopped us from entering? The question is rhetorical...

http://articles.courant.com/2012-12...sville-fans-uconn-football-program-tom-jurich

The funny thing is that there are actually people that think we were left out for one reason. There were multiple reasons, and we made enemies in the past and that sure didn't help us.

Reaction Score
noeynox said:
Again I've backed off blaming Warde, but if giving up the TV money for 10 years was on the table you take it. Right now we've given up the TV money for eternity.

Except the BY would call him soft for giving the money away.

Reaction Score
Except the BY would call him soft for giving the money away.
Beggars can't be choosers. The can call him whatever they want, I would call him the savior of our athletic program.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
The funny thing is that there are actually people that think we were left out for one reason. There were multiple reasons, and we made enemies in the past and that sure didn't help us.

Then just answer to me why Jurich would state that we were "penned in" and why the entire sports media thought it was a foregone conclusion that UConn was in? How on earth could those things be true if we were indeed the victims of a grudge against Blumenthal? (this time, the questions aren't rhetorical, as I am interested as hell to see how you explain these)...

Reaction Score
Then just answer to me why Jurich would state that we were "penned in" and why the entire sports media thought it was a foregone conclusion that UConn was in? How on earth could those things be true if we were indeed the victims of a grudge against Blumenthal? (this time, the questions aren't rhetorical, as I am interested as hell to see how you explain these)...

Because the media had no clue, and Jurich can say whatever he likes to make his accomplishment seem more grandiose.

You're clearly confused, the dislike for UConn was a preexisting condition. This is not imagined. They had to get Bill Clinton to call Shallalalalalalalala in our behalf.

Reaction Score
I call him TBD.
If we get into a P5 conference on his watch, he gets all the credit in my book. Our situation right now is so precarious. If it happens on his watch he and Sue Herbst will be heroes. Heroes.

Reaction Score
If we get into a P5 conference on his watch, he gets all the credit in my book. Our situation right now is so precarious. If it happens on his watch he and Sue Herbst will be heroes. Heroes.

Okaaayy. But that's a big IF.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Really? Really!

By going, do you mean to the Signing Day event? If so, I'm not gonna make that. However, I'll be at the Spring Game, with family in tow...
Yeah, looked forward to meeting my long lost brotha

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Because the media had no clue, and Jurich can say whatever he likes to make his accomplishment seem more grandiose.

You're clearly confused, the dislike for UConn was a preexisting condition. This is not imagined. They had to get Bill Clinton to call Shallalalalalalalala in our behalf.

I'm not going to argue with you any further on it (or anyone else, for that matter). Again, if you wish to believe that an organization is going to make a multi-million dollar, long-term decision based on what they think about the senator of the state, then have at it....

Reaction Score
I'm not going to argue with you any further on it (or anyone else, for that matter). Again, if you wish to believe that an organization is going to make a multi-million dollar, long-term decision based on what they think about the senator of the state, then have at it....

Okay. But you are oversimplifying.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Okay. But you are oversimplifying.

Money, and keeping FSU / Clemson from bolting, is hardly an oversimplification! How do you think that Duke, UNC, and Virginia felt when they had to decide to go with the community college? Tough pill to swallow, but that kept their big football programs happy and unfortunately, Louisville is reported to have about 15 million more or so in their athletic revenue every year. Those are the facts. Now that FSU won the big one, I'm sure the ACC is going to sleep just fine knowing they won't bolt...

Reaction Score

People in command positions have been known to embellish circumstances, the might of their foes etc. Generals, politicians, coaches...ADs.

Reaction Score
Businessmen DO NOT make multimillion dollar, long-term decisions based on whether or not they dislike the senator of the state that the school resides.[/I]

Really? You think it's a naïve thought? At the risk of prolonging this proctological self-examination, perhaps you haven't seen a BOD in action. Having served on one, a decision can absolutely come down to the personal aspects. Mr. X (UConn) is recommended by a Board committee to be hired. Perhaps even the chairman supports the hire. Then it makes the rounds and a couple of folks with loud and influential voices (Clemson, Fl St.) who the chairman doesn't want to get on his wrong side say--"Not that guy--he sued me/screwed me in the past." But wait", says the committee, "he's really a good fit for our company. It wasn't just him that did that to you, there were other factors involved". And the comeback is "Well, we don't care. We don't want that working here. Who else is a viable candidate? There must be one out there. What about Mr. Y (Louisville)?"

FldCtyFan is right, Blumenthal's tactics and actions, as Connecticut's Attorney General, tainted UConn in the eyes of many. When my buddy who golfs with Boeheim asked him (at my behest) what he thought about UConn getting an invite to the ACC his response was telling. This is what he said. "Hey, I don't know, but there was a surprising amount of bad mouthing about UConn at the meeting I just was at---a lot of it about that lawsuit."

Reaction Score
Lawsuits are just business....nothing much to be held against a program.

What a decision maker will remember is if you make it personal...If you call him or her out as a liar, like Shalala was called out.

Now, I, nor anyone else, knows if that influenced her thinking on conference additions, but I'd bet that she hasn't forgotten nor forgiven.

Reaction Score
The problem with media whore Blumenthal's taking point and firing away on that lawsuit, was the decision he made, to actually name specific individuals, from the AD and Presidents, to the administrators in the ACC offices. To my knowledge, no lawsuit regarding college football, conferences etc...(and there were ones before - some that actually made it to the supreme court...and there were more later, and in suit right now......but alll other similar suits named institutions, not individuals.) but Blumenthal named specific individuals, and went head to head with the likes of Shalala - who had worked in the White House.......and tricky Dick II, got taken to the shed, and UConn was still back there for a whipping years later. It boggles my mind how much support Blumenthal has in this state. I've never voted for him.

Blumenthal named individuals, and guess, what it's vote of a very few handful of individuals, that have put us out of the upper level of revenue streams in college football.

All we can do is a University community, alumni, friends, fans...is move forward, and learn from mistakes and not repeat them.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Really? You think it's a naïve thought? At the risk of prolonging this proctological self-examination, perhaps you haven't seen a BOD in action. Having served on one, a decision can absolutely come down to the personal aspects. Mr. X (UConn) is recommended by a Board committee to be hired. Perhaps even the chairman supports the hire. Then it makes the rounds and a couple of folks with loud and influential voices (Clemson, Fl St.) who the chairman doesn't want to get on his wrong side say--"Not that guy--he sued me/screwed me in the past." But wait", says the committee, "he's really a good fit for our company. It wasn't just him that did that to you, there were other factors involved". And the comeback is "Well, we don't care. We don't want that working here. Who else is a viable candidate? There must be one out there. What about Mr. Y (Louisville)?"

FldCtyFan is right, Blumenthal's tactics and actions, as Connecticut's Attorney General, tainted UConn in the eyes of many. When my buddy who golfs with Boeheim asked him (at my behest) what he thought about UConn getting an invite to the ACC his response was telling. This is what he said. "Hey, I don't know, but there was a surprising amount of bad mouthing about UConn at the meeting I just was at---a lot of it about that lawsuit."

This will be the last thing I say about this, because there's clearly no changing people's stances on this one. Your analogy is ridiculous for the following reason; you are setting up a scenario where a person is hired for a position. Conference realignment is not hiring a person; they are acquiring a UNIVERSITY! Furthermore, the individual that you are referring to is not a part of the university, outside of the fact that he casts votes on the behalf of the state of Connecticut.

A multi-million dollar acquisition of a large entity, for the long-term, is not done based on what an individual (who is no longer attorney general) said and did 11 years ago. If you choose to believe in that fantasy, be my guest...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom