If Warde Manuel Leaves | The Boneyard

If Warde Manuel Leaves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Get used to this. This is like living in an orphanage, waiting to get adopted. We need friends in the ACC. I hope he gets the gig.

Reaction Score
Let's get Pernetti and hope he still has his Rolodex.

Seriously though, I doubt Manuel gets this job for a few reasons. HCBD is probably pissed that the guy that sold him on Uconn is trying to leave.

Reaction Score
Let's get Pernetti and hope he still has his Rolodex.

Seriously though, I doubt Manuel gets this job for a few reasons. HCBD is probably pissed that the guy that sold him on Uconn is trying to leave.
HCBD himself will be out of here in three years. Nobody had to sell him on Uconn. He wants to be a head coach. This is an ideal stepping stone. Facilities, support, salary, expectations - you have to start somewhere. BD will be fine without WM.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Before anything else, why not wait to see if this is anything more than a rumor. If it isn't and he doesn't get the job, not so good.

Reaction Score
I'll put my application in now to Herbst. I shall take us to the promised land.

B1G baby!

Reaction Score
Get used to this. This is like living in an orphanage, waiting to get adopted. We need friends in the ACC. I hope he gets the gig.
Really? Have any of our "friends" anywhere ever helped us? Remember that kid that everyone picked on in grade school? That is us.

Reaction Score
If Warde Manuel leaves, it gives Herbst an opportunity to correct her mistake. But I will guarantee that within 2 years, VT has a new logo. I hope he takes the dopey new Husky logo and the even worse helmets with him.

Reaction Score
Last I saw, WM made like 500K. That really isnt that much if you ask me. But I dont know what the going rate for an AD is. Anybody know?
Additionally, he could be using this opportunity to get SH to pony up some more money and keep him. This is my guess. UConn is WM baby. He wants to get it on track and have this under his belt before moving on I think.
Lastly, If he did leave, UConn is in good shape right now. We have winning teams, a great FB coach. We are fine as long as we dont hire a moron.

Reaction Score
Really? Have any of our "friends" anywhere ever helped us? Remember that kid that everyone picked on in grade school? That is us.

so that must mean we're going to start our own conference and run the NCAA someday...

Reaction Score
Last I saw, WM made like 500K. That really isnt that much if you ask me. But I dont know what the going rate for an AD is. Anybody know?
Additionally, he could be using this opportunity to get SH to pony up some more money and keep him. This is my guess. UConn is WM baby. He wants to get it on track and have this under his belt before moving on I think.
Lastly, If he did leave, UConn is in good shape right now. We have winning teams, a great FB coach. We are fine as long as we dont hire a another moron.
Fixed it for you.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The guy who posted this on his blog questioned his source. That says quite a bit.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I think Warde has gotten the athletic department back to " competent" after the Hathaway debacle. I actually think if wr were coming off the past decade of competency we'd be in the P5 now.

In any event, WM has been fine, but we need to hit a HR here and get someone to take us from good to great (in a PR sense).

Reaction Score
I think Warde has gotten the athletic department back to " competent" after the Hathaway debacle. I actually think if wr were coming off the past decade of competency we'd be in the P5 now.

In any event, WM has been fine, but we need to hit a HR here and get someone to take us from good to great (in a PR sense).
Bob Diaco for AD!!!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Rumors going around that Warde is a finalist for the VaTech AD spot. If he leaves, who are the candidates? Herbst needs to be proactive on this, where there's smoke, there's fire. Even if he doesn't get this gig, he's obviously looking, despite only being here a couple years.

http://courantblogs.com/uconn-women/virginia-tech-looking-for-an-ad-guess-who-is-on-the-list/
All she has to do is break into Boneyard Headquarters in Langley, get both halves of the Boneyard NOC list from the standalone terminal and match each name to their Internet cover identities. There seems to be more than enough people here who think Warde Manuel's job is easy if only he'd done ...so and so, which is just so obvious to even a lay person.

Of course that roster of candidates is not only on a standalone terminal in a vault, "the only person allowed inside has to pass through a series of security checks. First is voiceprint identification...Then, (s)he has to put in a 6 digit code. That only gets him into the outer room. Next, (s)he is positively identified by retinal scan. Finally, the security measures are only deactivated after insertion of a double electronic keycard... which [(s)he] won't have."

"Once inside the vault, there are 3 security systems in operation whenever the technician is out of the room. First is sound sensitive; anything above a whisper will set it off. The second is temperature-sensitive. Even the body heat of an unauthorized person inside the vault can trigger the alarm if the temperature rises just a single degree. And that temperature is controlled by an air conditioning vent 30 feet above the vault floor. That vent is guarded by a laser net."

"The third one is on the floor, and it's pressure sensitive. Just the slightest increase in weight will set it off. And any of these systems, if set off, will trigger an automatic lockdown. Now believe me when I tell you, gentlemen, that all 3 systems, are state of the art."

I guess is that President Herbst goes is a different direction than the amateur hour on display in the Boneyard.;)

Reaction Score
If Warde leaves:

"Sometime when you’re feeling important;
Sometime when your ego ‘s in bloom;
Sometime when you take it for granted,
You’re the best qualified in the room:
Sometime when you feel that your going,
Would leave an unfillable hole,
Just follow these simple instructions,
And see how they humble your soul.

Take a bucket and fill it with water,
Put your hand in it up to the wrist,
Pull it out and the hole that’s remaining,
Is a measure of how much you’ll be missed.
You can splash all you wish when you enter,
You may stir up the water galore,
But stop, and you’ll find that in no time,
It looks quite the same as before.

The moral of this quaint example,
Is to do just the best that you can,
Be proud of yourself but remember,
There’s no indispensable man."

Reaction Score
I might actually start praising Warde, just in case VaTech decides to check out how the fans feel about him. Can't be too careful. Good new is that with Warde Manuel in charge, VaTech will probably head to the MAC and there will be a spot opened in the ACC.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
HCBD himself will be out of here in three years. Nobody had to sell him on Uconn. He wants to be a head coach. This is an ideal stepping stone. Facilities, support, salary, expectations - you have to start somewhere. BD will be fine without WM.

Plus we are way down. We're good for a dead cat bounce at minimum.

Reaction Score
I might actually start praising Warde, just in case VaTech decides to check out how the fans feel about him. Can't be too careful. Good new is that with Warde Manuel in charge, VaTech will probably head to the MAC and there will be a spot opened in the ACC.

You're acting like a troll looking for bread crumbs. We get it. You don't like Warde. No go hang out with Nelson and tell each other how much you care about each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom