Huskies of Honor | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Huskies of Honor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Price is one of my favorite players of all time, but he didn't play enough meaningful minutes (a lot because of injury/health reasons, but some of it from his own doing) to warrant a Huskies of Honor spot.

AJ played more meaningful minutes than Rudy did. He carried us on his shoulders through the Dyson/Wiggins stuff and then he carried us to the final 4.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
AJ played more meaningful minutes than Rudy did. He carried us on his shoulders through the Dyson/Wiggins stuff and then he carried us to the final 4.

It certainly could be argued that the laptop incident disqualifies him, but I think the way he grew up and became a really positive leader is the real story of his time at UConn. What post season honors did AJ receive after his senior year? Was he 2nd or 3rd team All-American?

(Okay, I looked it up and he was not named to AP All American team, but was named to 2nd team basketball writers AA team).

Reaction Score
Um no, they're not going to publicly insult Rudy Gay.

There are plenty of programs that would kill to have Rudy Gay as an alumnus.
Yeah, I was serious. /sarcasm

Reaction Score
The degree to which people bash Rudy Gay's UConn career has always miffed me.
Feel free to compare and contrast. Please give us 2 or 3 major UConn alums to which Rudy Gay compares favorably.

Reaction Score
Feel free to compare and contrast. Please give us 2 or 3 major UConn alums to which Rudy Gay compares favorably.

10_1323265330.jpg

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
You think they'll have moore kea Anderson and taliek up there? Or is it just aa awards and stuff

Reaction Score
AJ stole from other UConn students, plain and simple. It's not like he got in trouble stealing a candy bar from Store 24. He was stealing thousands of dollars worth of other students' property. While I loved him as a player and had the chance to meet him a number of times, he does not belong in a place with the word "honor" in it.

Reaction Score
I think you need to put KEA and Thabeet on there.

If they are open to more, add Taliek and Moore.

Reaction Score
Why thabeet? I'd put adrien over him

I think Adrien was a fan favorite for sure, and one I liked very much. Adrien was an integral part of all teh teams during his 4 years here, but Adrien was not as dominant as HT in 2008-2009, nor did he get as much national attention.

Thabeet couldn't catch the ball when he came here. He left as a 2nd team all american (and made one or two first teams in some polls) and I think also won a defensive player of the year award.

He won Big East Player of the Year as well (with Blair). The other huskies to win that honor: Donyell, Ray Ray, Hamilton (2x), Caron, and Emeka. That is pretty elite company (I'll remain silent about the dubiousness of the award since Kemba didn't get it, but it's still impressive).

There's no way uconn goes to the FF without him.

Plus, he went #2 in the draft. As bad as he is right now, that is unreal.

I also think his charisma and leadership is very underrated.

Reaction Score
There are many ways to look at how "successful" various Huskies have been.
Some examples:
1. Total basketball success, including NBA, statistically.
2. College success, independent of what happens thereafter, statistically.
3. Money.
4. Total basketball success, measured by winning.
5. Total college basketball success, measured by winning.
Others as well.

For . . .
1. Ray Allen
2. Donyell Marshall
3. Rudy Gay? Not sure who this would be.
4. RIP
5. Kemba Walker (FF and NC).

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Just speculation, but I think Rudy Gay is getting love because of how close he's remained to the program since going pro. He's worked with the current crop of Huskies more than any other former player not named Kemba Walker.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
i have nothing wrong with rudy, I'm happy for him... i would like to see KEA, moore, and maybe anderson too

Reaction Score
Because someone isn't as big of a Gay guy as you doesn't make them a hater.

Exactly, just because Rick Majerus wasn't a big Gay guy doesn't mean he's a hater...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RXaERVhNuU

He just felt that Gay was inconsistent, and prefers guys that are rock solid, despite the fact that Rudy "has one of those jet bodies like an Italian sports car," since "he has these peaks and valleys."

The look on Steve Lavin's face as he tries not to laugh is classic

Reaction Score
i have nothing wrong with rudy, I'm happy for him... i would like to see KEA, moore, and maybe anderson too

I'd love to see Rashad "The Dagger Man" Anderson inducted as well. He was cold blooded, fun to watch, and just hit an incredible number of clutch 3's during his career. His three sparked our rally against Dook in the FF, and his 3 to send the Sweet Sixteen game against UW into overtime was truly epic (to name a few). I just wish it was Shad who took the game ending (winning) three against GM instead of DB... but I digress

Reaction Score
Rudy's situation was different than others because of when he left. He dealt with the same thing that Caron did as a freshman - you're the most talented player on the team, but the veterans you're playing with have national championship rings and aren't necessarily going to just step aside and be your supporting cast. It makes it hard to assert yourself. Caron had the extra year after the seniors on that team moved on (Mouring, Saunders) and really only ratcheted up his play to All-American level over the last month or two. Rudy left before he had that chance to be the alpha male. Donyell Marshall had a similar situation where he didn't take over the team until after the Dream Seasoners were gone.

Reaction Score
Why are they waiting on Boatright? Let get him up there too.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
AJ stole from other UConn students, plain and simple. It's not like he got in trouble stealing a candy bar from Store 24. He was stealing thousands of dollars worth of other students' property. While I loved him as a player and had the chance to meet him a number of times, he does not belong in a place with the word "honor" in it.
It constantly amazes me that UConn fans still get this wrong. He did not steal - he tried to sell stolen property. There is a huge difference between having another person contact you and askingk if you want to take part in selling the stuff and actually making the conscience effort to break into a fellow students room and take stuff. I'm not saying he didn't mess up - just not as badly as stealing.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I just wish it was Shad who took the game ending (winning) three against GM instead of DB... but I digress

I can still see his hand up waving for the pass, wide open...

Reaction Score
No he didn't. He made a bad choice.

The thief was a friend of Marcus Williams and Marcus and AJ showed the kid where to fence the good. Marcus and AJ should have made the kid come clean. Instead they thought they could make the whole incident go away and made it worse. But AJ didn't steal, he just found himself in a bad situation and picked the worst possibler solution.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Denham Brown. He once scored 111 points in hs.
Hilton Armstrong. Feet, meters and Hilton Units. I think he measures up for the honor.

Reaction Score
No he didn't. He made a bad choice.

The thief was a friend of Marcus Williams and Marcus and AJ showed the kid where to fence the good. Marcus and AJ should have made the kid come clean. Instead they thought they could make the whole incident go away and made it worse. But AJ didn't steal, he just found himself in a bad situation and picked the worst possibler solution.

If you honestly believe that their intent was to just make the incident "go away" and not try to make money off the situation, I've got a bridge to sell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom