Huskies of Honor | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Huskies of Honor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It constantly amazes me that UConn fans still get this wrong. He did not steal - he tried to sell stolen property. There is a huge difference between having another person contact you and askingk if you want to take part in selling the stuff and actually making the conscience effort to break into a fellow students room and take stuff. I'm not saying he didn't mess up - just not as badly as stealing.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Ok, so he attempted to sell another students property and make money off of it. Sounds pretty honorable to me.

Reaction Score
and if he stayed 3 there would have been no doubt!![/quote]

. Yet he was an excellent all around player while a Husky for 2 years and if he stayed 3 there would have been no doubt!!

To me that's the key. I don't hate Rudy, I don't hold George Mason against him, and I don't care that he did not live up to potential. My opinion is that the honor is reserved for players that made huge contributions to the program; this is very difficult to accomplish in only one or two years. Caron Butler to compare. had a monster year, and carried a team on his back his second year, and is the exception.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Ok, so he attempted to sell another students property and make money off of it. Sounds pretty honorable to me.
At what point in my response did you interpret honorable???

Reaction Score
At what point in my response did you interpret honorable???

Interpreted your post as both a correction of fact and an assertion that he belonged on the wall, my b.

Reaction Score
Price is one of my favorite players of all time, but he didn't play enough meaningful minutes (a lot because of injury/health reasons, but some of it from his own doing) to warrant a Huskies of Honor spot.

I agree with posters who think Gordon, El-Amin, and Butler are as or more deserving than Rudy, but it's also not absurd that a guy who was a First Team All-American while he was here (and who's been a model citizen and real good pro) gets his jersey on the wall as well. It's just weird how much flak he still gets from (certain) people on this board.

If Rudy belongs on the wall, Price certainly does. Price had a better Uconn career, got farther in the tournament, and played more minutes.

Reaction Score
There are only three banners that matter. Whatever else they want to hang up beside them is fine by me.

Reaction Score
It may also just be that somebody on the committee or in the athletic department may have even said "first-team All-Americans have to be up there" -- for men and women. Takes some of the politics out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom