Hurley. | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Hurley.

Reaction Score
Hurley is going to toe the line on sideline behavior a lot, and opposing fans are going to hate him for it.

Yep. It’s been true everywhere he’s coached. So much hate. I only care about what his players and the guys who work for and with him think, and that’s all love.

I actually prefer the Hurley you’ll see in another season or two, but whatever works. And, as was mentioned before, regarding the change of pace from chest bump to handshake, he’s not out of control, but people who want to hate interpret it that way.

Reaction Score
Guess, I need an avatar. This will do.

Attachments

• F00F9712-3DD3-4FF1-9CB7-4A4DBBDE8608.jpeg
    F00F9712-3DD3-4FF1-9CB7-4A4DBBDE8608.jpeg
    149.3 KB · Views: 99
Reaction Score
He is the closest thing to Jim Calhoun reincarnate I've seen and somehow we landed him. A match made in heaven. Opposing fans all over the country will hate him. His players will love him.

If you're a HS guard and just watched that game, which school would you rather go to? The one who plays up-tempo, pressure defense, with a modern offense or the one that plays isolation basketball and sits in a 2-3 zone all game?

If you are a HS guard, SG, Wing, PF, or Center......

Everybody is better after just ONE preseason.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Right after he finished pumping up the crowd after we had sealed the win, he turned to a group of fans that I can only assume we're wearing Orange and shushed them.

We are not worthy.

I noticed that, and I also noticed a few plays prior where there was a group of fans clearly yelling at him/our bench...so it seemed warranted. Screw them. Let’s go!

Reaction Score
I noticed that, and I also noticed a few plays prior where there was a group of fans clearly yelling at him/our bench...so it seemed warranted. Screw them. Let’s go!
Nothin’ wrong with shushing the competition!

Reaction Score
The amount of Cuse fans who seem to think that a coach "shushing" opposing fans is crossing the line is astounding to me.

But their own coach having a history of throwing his own players under the bus is fine.

Reaction Score
Some people were upset about how he went wild at the end. Personally can you blame a competitor for winning against a top 15 School rival in your first season against a HOF coach. He lives for winning and I love it
I'm sure if we were playing against him I wouldn't be a fan, but I think his excitement would still be enjoyable to me. I dislike Mick Cronin with a passion because he stands on the sidelines screaming like a petulant child even when his team is up a dozen on us and getting all of the calls. I feel like Hurley is a different beast entirely, and its harder to get angry at intensity and excitement in a coach rather than acting like a whiny baby

Reaction Score
He has that slightly unhinged side of him that you see in the most competitive people (Calhoun, Michael Jordan, etc). Sometimes it can lead to ugly situations--I don't think last night was one of them, Cuse idiots are overreacting--but overall it's a great thing for your coach to have.

Reaction Score
I'm sure if we were playing against him I wouldn't be a fan, but I think his excitement would still be enjoyable to me. I dislike Mick Cronin with a passion because he stands on the sidelines screaming like a petulant child even when his team is up a dozen on us and getting all of the calls. I feel like Hurley is a different beast entirely, and its harder to get angry at intensity and excitement in a coach rather than acting like a whiny baby

Mick is entertainment, much like a Rollie. It’s fun, guys like boeheim, boring.

Reaction Score
McAllister's page is hysterical!

Some DB posted "It sucks to lose to a mid-major."
He must have a math degree from SU as he doesn't understand 4>1.

Reaction Score
At one point I pointed out to my buddy that Hurley was about to trap a Cuse player in the corner.
I personally want my leader to feel what I’m feeling. Hurley’s trying to change a culture. You can’t do that and get guys like Jalen to buy in if you feel like it’s “I’m a dude on the court and replaceable”. When you feel like your coach is fired up, it fires you up. When you feel like your coach will pick you up at the end of the court when you chase a ball down, you know, “whoa, this guy has been here and won’t let me fail”. It’s the guy who is thrilled when you succeed.
It makes you trust the play he’s mapped for coming out of a time out. It makes you trust it’s safe to take that deep NBA 3 shot. It makes you play in your role.
It’s why Jalen Adams chest bumped him at the end. And how he got that stealth 16 points. He trusted that if he played his role the right way, the game would work out.
The challenge is when you lose - how you lead a team to lose together. And learn from every loss. But if you feel like the coach is not feeling what you’re feeling, you won’t feel comfortable to develop.

Reaction Score
Some people were upset about how he went wild at the end. Personally can you blame a competitor for winning against a top 15 School rival in your first season against a HOF coach. He lives for winning and I love it

I think this is just part of his process. He's inherited a group of players that are talented but had lost their passion for winning. He's trying to play up the joy of winning for them. Once they realize just how $(%$*ing good it feels, they'll want more of it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom