How would you rank Natalie Butler as a 2015 prospect | Page 3 | The Boneyard

How would you rank Natalie Butler as a 2015 prospect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think the fact that we know more about her than is known about H.S. prospects is Bgillon's point. There is a degree of expectation about Natalie based on what she's accomplished in college so far and not what she did in high school. Stating the question differently, what if Natalie were coming out of high school now and displayed the skills, attitude, and work ethic she is now known to possess, where would she be ranked?

Excellent rephrasing of my question. Thank you for clarifying it. My thought was she is joining the 2015 class of 3 so UCONN has 4 incoming new players. We know the 3 are ranked 1,3, and 10 (by some services) so I wondered where would Butler be ranked.

Reaction Score
Still have never seen any footage of her. These days nit seems like a mystery.

Reaction Score
Still have never seen any footage of her. These days nit seems like a mystery.

There are a few "game highlight" video's on You Tube but they are the highlights of Georgetown's opponents. Mostly, all you see is Butler taking the ball after it has gone through the net. Not very illuminating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az4t3NrEgpM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVvakNf6vUE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb8oXJ6pl3s
Interesting that Georgetown doesn't have one video on You Tube promoting their women's basketball team.

G

genosguy

We already have the number 1 ranked class for 2015 with 3 HS stars. but Butler will be eligible with that class. So where would you rank her compared to the 2015 prospects?
With her experience against good competition and high lauded by Doug Bruno as well as others--I'll jump on that bandwagon and say she'll be a terrific replacement for Steff--and to top that off she is getting a year to understand Geno, Uconn, and the UConn system. Are we Uconn WBB fans in for a great future???

Reaction Score
After going up against Kia Stokes, Stewie and the #1 team in the nation
for a year in practice, she will be a force to deal with when she puts on a
Uconn uniform in 2015.

Reaction Score
I think the fact that we know more about her than is known about H.S. prospects is Bgillon's point. There is a degree of expectation about Natalie based on what she's accomplished in college so far and not what she did in high school. Stating the question differently, what if Natalie were coming out of high school now and displayed the skills, attitude, and work ethic she is now known to possess, where would she be ranked?

RU: Interesting way to look at it. Within that frame of reference, you could probably make the case that there is no Big who is better. (The other side of it is that she is not just coming out of high school at this point, and therefore has an advantage over those who are.)

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
There is 1 certainty, she will get better at Uconn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom