How would you rank Natalie Butler as a 2015 prospect | The Boneyard

How would you rank Natalie Butler as a 2015 prospect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We already have the number 1 ranked class for 2015 with 3 HS stars. but Butler will be eligible with that class. So where would you rank her compared to the 2015 prospects?

Reaction Score
Right up there with the incoming recruits! Her stats from Georgetown were really good and playing under the best coaching staff in the USA and with the most talented team will bring out her obvious natural ability so when she's eligible she'll shine! The 4 freshmen guards will now be 2nd year and the 4 bigs will blend nicely!

Reaction Score
Natalie appears to have the drive to succeed ... given that her pattern of intense work at Georgetown naturally continues at UConn ... and couple that with the continuous teaching and superior practice she will experience with her teammates ... I anticipate (although I do not know for sure) AA status in her future ... I consider her a top 10 recruit (if she had come in formally with this class [not 140th as once considered]) ...

Reaction Score
She is not quite a Top 25 prospect but is not that far behind either, I would say she would probably be ranked somewhere in the 30 -40 range.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
All I know is that you never can tell how a prospect will handle the college game. With Butler, we already know. She crushed it last year and put up some absurd numbers. Against quality competition. She'll have a year to acclimate to the 'UCONN way'. I think she'd be ranked pretty freakin high, a top 3 center at the least.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Let's see. . .
She's 6'5"
Played well as a freshman at Georgetown vs. D1 wcbb competition;
Will have a year of coaching by Geno and his staff while practicing with a team with NC potential; and,
Appears to be highly motivated.
She also appears to have been the answer to the fervent prayers of the UConn faithful for a replacement for Kiah when she graduates.

I believe that we could safely place her into the "likely to succeed" category.

Reaction Score
Yeah, yeah, yeah we here about all the upside. She's tall, moves well, played great her freshman year, will have a year practicing against N.C. teammates, a year of coaching by the best staff in the country, is a hard worker and is highly motivated. But now let's look at the downside. She, uuuuuuuh, welllllllllll, ummmmmmmm.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
We already have the number 1 ranked class for 2015 with 3 HS stars. but Butler will be eligible with that class. So where would you rank her compared to the 2015 prospects?
I wouldn't. One, because she's already in college and has played at the college level, so I wouldn't compare her to incoming high schoolers. Two, if I was gonna do that, it would be with the 2014 class, because that's the class she will (should) matriculate with.

Reaction Score
She is not quite a Top 25 prospect but is not that far behind either, I would say she would probably be ranked somewhere in the 30 -40 range.

Was thinking similarly; maybe slightly higher.
The Big East typically gets 1 HS kid ranked 30-50 every year, and 3 more ranked 51-100. Doing well against that competition would suggest a top 40 or top 30-type player.

Reaction Score
I would even say that Natale will PROBABLY be a little ahead of the incoming 2015 Freshies.
She was ROY in the Big East. I know the Big East has dropped competitively the last couple of years,
but it is still a darn good D-1 conference.
She will have a year to get acclimated, get stable overall, then with Geno's and CD's coaching the sky is the limit.

I can't wait to see her in 2015 to see how far she has come since Georgetown. I would be willing to bet that a lot of us will be surprized

Reaction Score
I think she would legitimately be a top 15 to 20 recruit if not better. The thing I love about this young lady is that she believes in practice, practice, and more practice. She is only going to get better and god help UCONN'S opponents if she does. Just another weapon to annihilate the opposition.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't. One, because she's already in college and has played at the college level, so I wouldn't compare her to incoming high schoolers. Two, if I was gonna do that, it would be with the 2014 class, because that's the class she will (should) matriculate with.
I posted the question because she will be "incoming" with the 2015 class. Therefore we could look at her vs an alternative "big" in the 2015 class. So I think it is an interesting question without getting too technical about .

Reaction Score
By her junior year she will be just as good as Stef was in her junior year, I have no doubts.

Reaction Score

BGIL: interesting thread; thank you. The answer is complicated by the fact that we already know so much about her at the college level and are comparing her to those with no college experience. I'll pop in some thoughts in response to other posts already on your thread.

Reaction Score
Right up there with the incoming recruits! Her stats from Georgetown were really good and playing under the best coaching staff in the USA and with the most talented team will bring out her obvious natural ability so when she's eligible she'll shine! The 4 freshmen guards will now be 2nd year and the 4 bigs will blend nicely!

RS: Agreed.

Reaction Score
Natalie appears to have the drive to succeed ... given that her pattern of intense work at Georgetown naturally continues at UConn ... and couple that with the continuous teaching and superior practice she will experience with her teammates ... I anticipate (although I do not know for sure) AA status in her future ... I consider her a top 10 recruit (if she had come in formally with this class [not 140th as once considered]) ...

F-CT: also sounds good to me.

Reaction Score
All I know is that you never can tell how a prospect will handle the college game. With Butler, we already know. She crushed it last year and put up some absurd numbers. Against quality competition. She'll have a year to acclimate to the 'UCONN way'. I think she'd be ranked pretty freakin high, a top 3 center at the least.

INTL: Solid. Sounds about right....was thinking top 5 among the Bigs for sure for original ball park estimate, and then awarded bonus points above that for proven college performance.

Reaction Score
Yeah, yeah, yeah we here about all the upside. She's tall, moves well, played great her freshman year, will have a year practicing against N.C. teammates, a year of coaching by the best staff in the country, is a hard worker and is highly motivated. But now let's look at the downside. She, uuuuuuuh, welllllllllll, ummmmmmmm.

RENO: funny ....thanks.....always look for chuckles on here.

Reaction Score

MEYER: you continue to amaze me with your progress. Was thinking, along with you, that she properly belongs in the 2014 pool. That said, I'm not sure it would change things a whole lot with respect to the theme of the thread, as both '14 and '15 had some stellar players.

Reaction Score
I would even say that Natale will PROBABLY be a little ahead of the incoming 2015 Freshies.
She was ROY in the Big East. I know the Big East has dropped competitively the last couple of years,
but it is still a darn good D-1 conference.
She will have a year to get acclimated, get stable overall, then with Geno's and CD's coaching the sky is the limit.

I can't wait to see her in 2015 to see how far she has come since Georgetown. I would be willing to bet that a lot of us will be surprized

SLIM: agree with your take, but would raise you a bit and say that she should be DEFINITELY be ahead of most of the 2015 group for reasons already cited; my only surprise will be is she does NOT shine.

Reaction Score
By her junior year she will be just as good as Stef was in her junior year, I have no doubts.

SON: I'd be tempted to go that far as well. Can see her as potential AA just like Dolson. Remember, the Seton Hall coach called her THE most impressive BE player he coached against in fourteen years! That is a mighty statement.

He elaborated on that by saying his view related not only to her production but also to her maturity, poise, and demeanor FAR outdistancing the typical 18 year old. Again a mighty elaboration when you think about all the players he has seen in the BE in those many years. He also noted that AA would come as no surprise. I think we have a gem here, and her USNA upbringing just adds to my personal excitement about here addition; have always lover the Navy Blue and Gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom