How it Happened | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How it Happened

Reaction Score
That was the plan understood by me and others and the plans changed or there was a miscommunication? Why would I lie - Dre is 7-0 he is going to be seen or not at a game. I don't know how many NBA guys you know - this is no big deal - it happens all the time. If you are very rigid and get upset about it - I advise you not to know NBA guys cuz you need to be more flexible.
to be fair you never said "I was wrong "

Reaction Score
I agree with whoever said he probably wanted to get fired. I wish he resigned but it's probably best for both parties. We got a staff I never imagined possible, especially under Edsall, and Diaco goes back to being a coordinator where he'll probably be successful again. After which he'll get another chance at a HC position.

Reaction Score
I will play arm chair therapist for a moment - I think he is rationalizing. But, agree he could be a competent coordinator but not a competent head coach.

Classic case of the Peter principle.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
All hail...

upload_2017-1-21_23-30-38.jpeg

C

Chief00

If the source wouldn't like you sharing on a message board, you can't identify the source. Common sense and common decency. I think it is pretty clear you have a source.
I don't know - but why would I identify my source to you when no one here even identifies who they are?
There's a lot I don't share and wouldn't share something if requested not to. After someone knows you well they trust you won't burn them or cause employment or team dynamic issues for them, even if they specifically don't ask you to keep private. Other times people don't care if you post it but they don't want to be named. I feel no obligation to name anyone - I am willing to take the heat.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

True, previously we knew something went down but not the specifics or timing. Myself, I did not know these details until a couple weeks ago. Was I surprised - no.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I agree with whoever said he probably wanted to get fired. I wish he resigned but it's probably best for both parties. We got a staff I never imagined possible, especially under Edsall, and Diaco goes back to being a coordinator where he'll probably be successful again. After which he'll get another chance at a HC position.

Another chance at an HC position? Any A.D. who vets him for an H.C. position won't have much job security & should have his head examined.

Reaction Score
I believe Chief00. I remember when Chief first mentioned we might get our wish after alla few weeks before the firing.
Anyone can state something. here ill state something "In the next 6 months we will get a quarterback commit" done deal we all knew Diaco was getting fired. If you follow college football everyone knew he was on his way out. You don't go 16 quarters without a TD and have a shot at keeping your job. 16?!?!?!?!? I know it was bad but you would think a broken play would atleast grab you a td here or there. not 16 quarters later.

Reaction Score
True, previously we knew something went down but not the specifics or timing. Myself, I did not know these details until a couple weeks ago. Was I surprised - no.

Things that make ya go hmmmm....

You post on the BY near daily - if you knew this "a couple of weeks ago" - why the sudden post yesterday? Was there a social media embargo placed upon you?

C

Chief00

Anyone can state something. here ill state something "In the next 6 months we will get a quarterback commit" done deal we all knew Diaco was getting fired. If you follow college football everyone knew he was on his way out. You don't go 16 quarters without a TD and have a shot at keeping your job. 16?!?!?!?!? I know it was bad but you would think a broken play would atleast grab you a td here or there. not 16 quarters later.

So now everyone knew Diaco was getting fired, yet when I posted that how many agreed with me? LOL

C

Chief00

Things that make ya go hmmmm....

You post on the BY near daily - if you knew this "a couple of weeks ago" - why the sudden post yesterday? Was there a social media embargo placed upon you?

LOL - There is stuff from 2 years ago and beyond I have chosen not to post up to this point. I have no obligation to post anything on here.

Reaction Score
So now everyone knew Diaco was getting fired, yet when I posted that how many agreed with me? LOL
Yep. I call BS on everyone knowing. We all assumed we were hamstrung by the buyout.

Now, where did they get money for the buyout? Supposedly it wasn't from the big donors, so that would be a scoop I guess.

Reaction Score
Another chance at an HC position? Any A.D. who vets him for an H.C. position won't have much job security & should have his head examined.

Coach ... Diaco is cray-crazy; but I don't think he is stupid. He knows that he screwed up. He had a 2016 UConn team that should have won and made a bowl and he ended in the trash. I think he knows that he fails as a Head Coach. His skill set is as a Unit coach. He can focus on that. No AD would give him the HC slot in the FBS level. Diaco needs are such that he won't ever seek that again.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Can't forget the infamous "all our games are at 11:11 because of the terrible media deal", followed by chief backtracking and claiming one morning kickoff validated his nonsense (the 11:11 times were placeholders, for those that missed this one)

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I did, and I called it.

Reaction Score
I actually could imagine Diaco landing a head coaching job but more like an FCS job at a Villanova or Holy Cross or some similar gig. The ex Buffalo coach who flamed out at Kansas is at Liberty and another flame out from one of the SEC programs is at one of the southern fcs schools or was anyway. I could see Diaco doing that too.

Reaction Score
The enormity of last season's failure would lead a reasonable person to believe that anyone in a leadership position that's ever watched a game knew that it was a lost cause. But the combination of the buyout and Diaco seemingly out recruiting and interviewing staff indicated the opposite. The main reason why I held out any hope was that the OC position had not been filled. That and I couldn't reconcile the absolutist position of his imminent return given the potential it could mortally wound the program. I think Benedict and eventually Herbst both recognized that.

C

Chief00

Can't forget the infamous "all our games are at 11:11 because of the terrible media deal", followed by chief backtracking and claiming one morning kickoff validated his nonsense (the 11:11 times were placeholders, for those that missed this one)
Our media deal does suck - are you trying to defend that again?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom