How it Happened | Page 4 | The Boneyard

How it Happened

Reaction Score
This is a waste of my time, quite frankly. You need to look beyond yourself and look at the entire student section on noon games or earlier vs late afternoon starting times. That's my macro point not if the start time is 11:11am, 11:30am or 12:00pm. They are all too early for our student body coming from a location twenty miles away. A few on this board too easily go down some meaningless rathole on something that has mininal value.

If only UConn could control the start times of the games.

C

Chief00

Where is Serrano with his "slightly different" info?

LOL - then people can nitpick his info not mind. What people need to realize is that in real life just about nothing goes exactly according to plan - even based on what the key participants know. Life is about planning but also adjusting rather than obsessing about the past - that's why QBs call audibles.
If I can get things 80% right and adjust the rest - I am real happy with that. That goal even is very elusive. I don't know the life experiences of the 100% crowd who accuse someone of lying or worse when they don't get everything right or things just simply change. Why are they wasting their time on a message board when they are so gifted?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
This is a waste of my time, quite frankly. You need to look beyond yourself and look at the entire student section on noon games or earlier vs late afternoon starting times. That's my macro point not if the start time is 11:11am, 11:30am or 12:00pm. They are all too early for our student body coming from a location twenty miles away. A few on this board too easily go down some meaningless rathole on something that has mininal value.

Your actual words betrayed what you now say your "macro point" was, nearly two years after the fact.

Reaction Score
Honestly I find your see I told you so baloney exhausting. I may be the only one but good god man. I have gotten info from people I know too. It for the most part keep it to myself as it would only be self serving to hold a friggin parade for myself on here to show how connected I am (or am not). Your self aggrandizement is old and tired.
Holy moly, he doesn't slow down!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I get up early so it's fine with me, but I have read posts on the BY where students explain why they did not fill the Rent. In business or politics never get too arrogant that you don't listen to people. The years you talk about our attendance was 35k to 40k - we have had 6 very poor losing seasons in a row - you need to adjust to that and make it as easy as possible for people to attend. True, at Bama or Clemson it wouldn't matter as much but we are not wearing those shoes. I hope this helps.

This has what to do with your failure to acknowledge that 11:11 was most likely a place holder?

School have barely a voice in the matter? The conference's media partners have a lot of pull on start time. That is why many kickoffs are TBA until a week and a half prior to game day. NBCConnecticut reported that Cinci '16 was an 11:30 start due to the Hartford Marathon. Though past games on Marathon day have kicked off at 12:00, so I don't know how much stock I put in that explanation. Still It is a more likely justification than your belief that UConn would schedule multiple 11:11 kickoffs for no reason. Especially when none of the games referenced actually started at 11:11.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
"At no point did Chief ever claim that all UConn Football games start at 11:11am"
67FDAD7B-3219-4325-861D-76DCD8C9FEFD.jpg

Reaction Score
I have to believe that AD Dave had his doubts certainly by East Carolina. They likely grew but there were other factors including cost but also recruiting and "stability" of course the program (running through 3 coaches in 5 years isn't the ideal). Diaco's unwillingness to hire a solid coordinator was the last straw.

Not just an unwillingness to hire a solid coordinator, but to apparently reject a gift horse - a far more qualified individual than he would be able to recruit on his own given his limited connections and virtual lame duck status.

Reaction Score
He broke the story that you are a liar about breaking story.

I was shocked. Shocked to discover you are full of bs.

There are alternative facts that you seem unable to consider.

Maybe you don't hang out with NBA players or are plugged in with high ranking members of the AD. But these things are fluid. You might not know that.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
There are alternative facts that you seem unable to consider.

Maybe you don't hang out with NBA players or are plugged in with high ranking members of the AD. But these things are fluid. You might not know that.

confirmed

Reaction Score
Since we can't bump threads . . .

"Quite frankly, the TV guys already know the times - see below link. Navy, South Fl and Houston have 11:11,am starting times - sure these could change due to some factor but probably unlikely."

"Trying to break this to you gently - this is the time unless something unusual happens - like an undefeated UConn and an undefeated Houston playing each other in a late season prime time game - yeah we all would love that game to happen - but what you call a placeholder is most likely pretty much reality in UConn's case."

"The CBS schedule is consistent with the TV contract and is precisely specific 11:11am - true it's subject to change - but not likely for these games"

" . . . the TV contracts are understood in terms of time slots and the AAC's is 11am"

Reaction Score

"Quite frankly, the TV guys already know the times - see below link. Navy, South Fl and Houston have 11:11,am starting times - sure these could change due to some factor but probably unlikely."

"Trying to break this to you gently - this is the time unless something unusual happens - like an undefeated UConn and an undefeated Houston playing each other in a late season prime time game - yeah we all would love that game to happen - but what you call a placeholder is most likely pretty much reality in UConn's case."

"The CBS schedule is consistent with the TV contract and is precisely specific 11:11am - true it's subject to change - but not likely for these games"

" . . . the TV contracts are understood in terms of time slots and the AAC's is 11am"

You are clearly taking things too literal...;)

Reaction Score

All we have to stand by are the words we type on the internet.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score

We should only listen to what is in his heart...not what he types.

Reaction Score
Drummond in house tonight

"Andre will be in the house tonight. I hope he gets a great UConn welcome from the fans. Who says UConn doesn't do Bigs?"

"Heard he has a hot looking babe with him"

"AD spent time with recruits and ladies before game"

"Going out with AD after game and crew"

Andre Drummond retweeted
Golden Grizzlies @GoldenGrizzlies · 19minutes ago
Golden Grizzlies! Check out who's in the O'rena tonight! Welcome @AndreDrummondd ! #WearTheBear

"You are clueless he is in Storrs - talk to him myself"

Andre Drummond (@andredrummondd) • Instagram photos and videos
With uconn tonight

Last edited:

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Drummond in house tonight

"Andre will be in the house tonight. I hope he gets a great UConn welcome from the fans. Who says UConn doesn't do Bigs?"

"Heard he has a hot looking babe with him"

"AD spent time with recruits and ladies before game"

"Going out with AD after game and crew"

Andre Drummond retweeted
Golden Grizzlies @GoldenGrizzlies · 19minutes ago
Golden Grizzlies! Check out who's in the O'rena tonight! Welcome @AndreDrummondd ! #WearTheBear

@ Chief, "plans changed" doesn't work when you affirmatively state that AD was with "recruits and ladies" prior to the tip.

Reaction Score
@ Chief, "plans changed" doesn't work when you affirmatively state that AD was with "recruits and ladies" prior to the tip.
How Chief won't acknowledge this is beyond me

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom