Houston ticket sales | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Houston ticket sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
#boo #nosticalfrownsatyou

In the process of getting over the flu, was sitting behind a six year old Quinnipiac fan screaming obscenities and UConn couldn't get out of their own way. They were lucky they kept my attention for the period and a half that I was there haha.

Reaction Score
Here is the current seat selection chart

upload_2015-11-18_16-14-40.png

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Sections 234-237 are also a very dark blue (I only think 2 seats have been sold in that entire upper corner) but not showing up as such on this heat map for whatever reason.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Competition from pro sports hurts. The Patriots, Giants, and Jets are huge. Well, maybe not the Jets.

Houston had a great crowd for their game with Memphis, but they had two Top 25 teams playing in warm weather. And even though Houston is a pro sports town, that didn't seem to hurt them.

Reaction Score
Sections 234-237 are also a very dark blue (I only think 2 seats have been sold in that entire upper corner) but not showing up as such on this heat map for whatever reason.
Those sections always seen to be the last to sell. My guess is they are saved for overflow to the visitor sections below. Only a guess. I am in a group with 8 season ticket holders. We are talking about buying up some of the $15 coupon specials and giving them to friends (hopefully ones who are good cooks) to enlarge our tailgate and possibly turn them into season ticket holders.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Houston ain't Iowa State - fan wise. Quality yes, but doubt they travel with 100 fans in the visitor's section

Reaction Score
BoatShow said:
While we're on the topic of student section. They need to figure out how to be a presence at hockey games. Always been great at hoops games those who actually show up typically care and are pretty good. At hockey games the section can be full and you would never know. Obviously they're new to it but I hope they figure it out. I went to the game last night with QU fans and they were like how come you guys don't have a student section? I was like it's over there its full but they don't cheer. At big time hockey schools the student sections resemble like international soccer crowds. Okay long enough off topic rant.
We sit opposite the student section at the other end and we are WAY more obnoxious than the students.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
We sit opposite the student section at the other end and we are WAY more obnoxious than the students.

Are you in the section over there that always gets the "de-fense" chants going? If so, I love your section.

Reaction Score
Dooley said:
Are you in the section over there that always gets the "de-fense" chants going? If so, I love your section.
No. 120. On the glass. We are questioning the referees upbringing.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Realistically any seats in the visitors section 135/134 that get returned for every game should be on this $15 promo code list on a first come/first serve basis. A lot of people see the top of the stadium in the corners and say "screw that" (yes I know there isn't a bad seat at the Rent, I've sat everywhere from the student section to the top corners to the 50 yard line to the bottom corners).

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Latest update from dez is 25,000

Reaction Score
In the process of getting over the flu, was sitting behind a six year old Quinnipiac fan screaming obscenities and UConn couldn't get out of their own way. They were lucky they kept my attention for the period and a half that I was there haha.

Waiting for a valid reason lol...

#philtherent #philtheXL

Reaction Score
looks like we'll be wearing the grey alternative uniforms Saturday!!

Reaction Score
So I wavered all week...buy a single as I've done all season, bus in from downtown Hartford, watch the Huskies get blown out by Houston, (hope not!), depressed bus ride home. But this time I convinced my beautiful 21 year old daughter to come with me. She's varsity cheer coach at Newington HS and has several friends/cheer team mates on the UConn squad. Bought two full priced tix, great seats in section 226.

Looking for a friendly tailgate for 30 minutes or so to show my daughter some big-time football experience. Let me know where you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom