Houston ticket sales | The Boneyard

Houston ticket sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Last I checked, several tickets have been sold, and several tickets are still available to be sold. I predict an average to above average crowd for the Houston game.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I read "several thousands" somewhere.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Assuming good weather, I'll guess we get a crowd of 30,000. The team is 5-5 and we possibly have a Top 25 and undefeated team coming in.

But if the weather is bad and Houston loses to Memphis, we could be looking at 22,000.

Those are just wild guesses.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Looking at the site ticket map, there are TONS of tickets remaining. I think it will be wise for all of us (especially me!) to temper excitement and expectation level for a big crowd. By the looks of it, we'll be lucky to have 30K in the stadium.

Oh well. I guess it's on us diehards to generate the kind of atmosphere this team and these players deserve on Saturday. They'll need our help - no matter how many fans decide not to show up.

Reaction Score
23,000 tix sold so far per Des.

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...ouston-game-ticket-offers-20151116-story.html

23,000-gd-tickets. Are you kidding me?

This is atrocious. I know we have a full week to go, but this is seriously pathetic.

The school has been promoting the hell out of this game. Not sure what else can be done.
Win, pretty much. That and the common fan around CT really doesn't give two craps about Houston. Being so terrible over the past few years in addition to playing no-name AAC teams is what kills attendance for us.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Win, pretty much. That and the common fan around CT really doesn't give two craps about Houston. Being so terrible over the past few years in addition to playing no-name AAC teams is what kills attendance for us.

No-name AAC team argument doesn't carry weight here. This is a top 15/20 team coming to the Rent in late November and we're 5-5. This is solely on the fans, UConn sports marketing has done an amazing job for this game and I NEVER say that about our marketing department.

Reaction Score

I agree. Problem is the team is winning more this year than the past two season. One win away from bowl eligibility and Houston isn't East Carolina or Tulane, it's a nationally-ranked program.

I mean if we can't get to 30K for this game, when are we going to get it?

Reaction Score
Also we've won two straight since the USF debacle. This team isn't limping into it's final home game.

This is really, truly sad.

Reaction Score
No-name AAC team argument doesn't carry weight here. This is a top 15/20 team coming to the Rent in late November and we're 5-5. This is solely on the fans, UConn sports marketing has done an amazing job for this game and I NEVER say that about our marketing department.
That's not the argument I'm making. The argument is, no one here cares about Houston. Top 15/20 is meaningless to casual sports fans around here. You're right that it is on the listlessness of the fans here, but it is what it is - no one in CT cares about nearly every AAC team. A game against 5-5 Syracuse, WVU, or Pittsburgh will outdraw 10-0 Houston every single time.

Reaction Score
That's not the argument I'm making. The argument is, no one here cares about Houston. Top 15/20 is meaningless to casual sports fans around here. You're right that it is on the listlessness of the fans here, but it is what it is - no one in CT cares about nearly every AAC team. A game against 5-5 Syracuse, WVU, or Pittsburgh will outdraw 10-0 Houston every single time.

I agree with that, but that's not our reality anymore. Those teams - at least for the foreseeable future - aren't coming to the Rent this late in the season.

It's not that we are asking people to get excited about playing Houston on Nov. 21st, we're looking for people to simply stay excited for UConn football.

At 5-5 with a shot at bowl eligibility on the line, you would hope our fans would be plugged in enough to recognize how big this game is regardless of the opponent.

Reaction Score
The reality of football in New England is that once the weather cools down and basketball season starts, if we're not really good attendance will decline from September and October. Just the way it is.

If we get about 27k Saturday and average that roughly for the year, that will be not at all terrible given what happened to our fanbase over the last two years. Next year, we need to be back up over 30k per. But expectations that we are going to do what we used to do in this conference when attendance is down nationally is hard for me to understand.

Reaction Score
I agree with that, but that's not our reality anymore. Those teams - at least for the foreseeable future - aren't coming to the Rent this late in the season.

It's not that we are asking people to get excited about playing Houston on Nov. 21st, we're looking for people to simply stay excited for UConn football.

At 5-5 with a shot at bowl eligibility on the line, you would hope our fans would be plugged in enough to recognize how big this game is regardless of the opponent.
You're right. But I have difficulty believing the casual fans of CT are going to continue to stay excited for UConn football games against Houston, Tulane, Temple, ECU, etc. It's sad, but the support is not there for the program, and you could argue the athletic department as a whole, in and of itself at that level.

Reaction Score
You're right. But I have difficulty believing the casual fans of CT are going to continue to stay excited for UConn football games against Houston, Tulane, Temple, ECU, etc. It's sad, but the support is not there for the program, and you could argue the athletic department as a whole, in and of itself at that level.

Also, people look at it as we're going to get out butts kicked anyways so why pay X amount of dollars for tix, food, drink and sit out in the frigid fall weather when they could be doing anything else.

Reaction Score
I get people hate cold weather, but that's football.

I mean the season runs Sept.-Dec. this isn't a new development, you can't be shocked that you are going to play cold weather games.

Really sad state of affairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog