Houston -29 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Houston -29

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I want to say over because Houston will move the ball with relative ease which will allow us more time on offense, which should translate to more points. However with this coaching staff, more chances on offense just means more time to run up the middle three straight downs for no gain then fake punt.

Can we fake punt it 4 times a drive? Can we fake punt on 2nd and goal at the 2? Can Tyler Davis start throwing passes to himself? These questions maybe answered Thursday night.

Reaction Score
Houston is a giant favorite, and rightfully so. But I'll say this; the pressure that will be on Houston's shoulders if this game is close in the second half of a nationally televised game will be indescribable.

Will it be like being behind 16-12 in the 4th quarter at Cincinnati on ESPN on a Thursday night?

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Can we fake punt it 4 times a drive? Can we fake punt on 2nd and goal at the 2? Can Tyler Davis start throwing passes to himself? These questions maybe answered Thursday night.

Maybe when it's like 52-6 we can try to find out.

Reaction Score
UConn wins! On the field. I'm on the crazy train...Crazy, but that's how it goes
team_crazy_train.png

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
IIRC. Miami was a 35 pt favorite and it was 48-0 before UConn covered with two late TD's including one on a blocked punt.

UConn also lost the fan who died when he fell from the upper deck.

Reaction Score
I don't think it'd be good for Diaco if we loose by 3 TDs Thursday night...

Reaction Score
With all the distractions swirling around Tom Herman what are the chances our coaches could take advantage of that and integrate some surprises into the game plan?

Reaction Score
Call me crazy but I think we cover this. Our gameplan in each and every game this year has been to muck it up and turn the game ugly. It's much more easy to do this on the road than at home when there aren't 30K booing conservative play calls. I see UH being fairly motivated in the 1H, jumping out to a good sized lead and then remembering that they are the much more talented team that can name its score, then taking the foot off the gas just in time for UConn to put together a few garbage drives in 2H.

41-17. An ugly loss, but a backdoor cover nonetheless.

You got a point.. we do have a tendency to play down to lower opponents and then play up to better opponents..
A positive for those who love having Acid Reflux/Indigestion...

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
I am starting to come around a bit from Saturday's thievery of my eyesight.
Much sooner than the Navy week too. That took me until Thursday.
I don't see how this UConn team can pull this one out but I also don't see them laying an egg so it is somewhere in the middle.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
In all seriousness If I gave you an over/under of 9.5 for total UConn points scored are you taking the over or the under?

Over. UConn is going to be forced to throw. Reading the assessment from the Houston people, their D-line is great and secondary, just ok. We'll throw it. Meanwhile, this team is just really overdue for a little luck and some turnovers, and I think we'll get a couple against a cocky Houston team.

Houston run game may be frustrated by UConn's defense. They throw it well enough, but aren't a Syracuse style offense. All in all, not predicting a win, but they should cover.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Will it be like being behind 16-12 in the 4th quarter at Cincinnati on ESPN on a Thursday night?

No. You weren't expected to destroy Cincy. It will be more along the lines of getting beat by UCONN in 2015... :eek:

Reaction Score
It seems like under RE, UConn was usually a good pick to cover the spread.

If memory serves in 2008-09-10 UConn was ungodly. Went to Phil Steele's archives and couldn't find it quickly but I believe the ATS number was ridiculous. Phil Steele

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I know exactly what game you are talking about. My buddy took the points and went to the game at the Orange Bowl. UConn covered...barely...and he was the only guy in the stadium still with a rooting interest late in the 4Q. He loves to tell that story and with good reason - I always respect a betting man.
I remember they did a bref segment on that game on College Game Day that year and showed us practicing with lots of crowd noise being pumped out of speakers. When they cut back to the Game Day crew Fowler said that he didn't think the crowd noise would be an issue as no one would be making it due to it just being UCONN playing and not some big name team. I was just excited to see us have a segment on Game Day!

Reaction Score
OK, here's my call. UH goes up 21-0 in the first quarter.

We finally answer with a 42 yard field goal to close the gap at 21-3.

At the half the score is 35-6, as we put up another 3 pointer.

In the second half, Postma comes in and passes for an early score to make it 42-6 and we answer again with a FG.

Houston fails to score the rest of the game and we manage a 20 yard field goal which enrages BYers as Diaco goes for the sure three on a fourth and four from the 30 yard line and a late 4th quarter TD as time elapses after a 90 yard drive.

FINAL SCORE is 42-19 and UH does not cover the 29 point spread.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Get the fire department ready gonna be plenty of smoke with this one!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom