That summarizes it pretty well...

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

holy crap.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sorry. I needed this.
This may be the largest spread since the 2001/02/03 Miami game. That was something like 49 I think...but...UConn covered that.

They will not cover this one.

Reaction Score
What do the odds makers know anyway? Uconn was favored last week. I know that the line is set to get equal money on both sides rather than some prediction of score.

Not being a degenerate gambler, has Uconn covered on any game this year? Have they hit the over? I may be premature on this thread since I will want more info when I go to Vegas in two weeks. Have never bet football, but I love wasting Saturday and Sunday in Caesar's Sports Book room.

Reaction Score
I lol'ed. I know I shouldn't, but I did. At least I'm slipping away from "hopeful optimism" and into "hilarious pessimism." Which is nice, cause it leads to better tailgates and less worry about things like getting to the game on time so I can watch us drop 14 points to Syracuse in 5 minutes.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
NY Post moved between -24 1/2 to -23.

-29 is a BIG number.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think it's possible we cover. If the defense learned anything from the first half against Cuse, they won't rack up insane points on us. Whether we can score is another question. But Diaco's system should keep it under 29.

Reaction Score
has Uconn covered on any game this year? Have they hit the over?
yes, and yes. They covered against UVA (depending on the line you got, most had it at -2.5) and the over came in against Navy.

Reaction Score
At -29 I would be on the fence which way I'd play. Would never touch a line that big but I'd lean towards Houston.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
We all know that "Vegas" sets the lines to get money on both sides... (I did that for whaler.....he loves comments like that ;))

Actually...one thing I will say about BD's teams...they don't quit. If PP was still here, I think the team loses by 50. I really think BD will put together a plan to keep this closer than 29..and the players will buy into the plan. It's a short week and I think the combo of UConn's "eh" start and the Herman rumors will somewhat negate the revenge factor in this game.

I think UConn easily beats the spread...but that might be the homer in me.

Reaction Score
We all know that "Vegas" sets the lines to get money on both sides... (I did that for whaler.....he loves comments like that ;))

Actually...one thing I will say about BD's teams...they don't quit. If PP was still here, I think the team loses by 50. I really think BD will put together a plan to keep this closer than 29..and the players will buy into the plan. It's a short week and I think the combo of UConn's "eh" start and the Herman rumors will somewhat negate the revenge factor in this game.

I think UConn easily beats the spread...but that might be the homer in me.

Ok, let's hear the plan that keeps it under 29. Houston has a pretty aggressive defense so a bunch of 3 and outs by UConn's run, run, pass, punt offense will give Houston a lot of possessions and a 3 man rush will let Houston light UConn up on offense. Cincinnati played them even at home in 1st half but they play a hard hitting and aggressive D, don't think bend but don't break will work against a good running QB (our 3 man rush couldn't catch their QB if he had snow shoes on) who also has some good WR's. Field turf is not UConn's best surface as it will highlight any speed advantage Houston has on offense and UConn doesn't use speed to its advantage when it has the ball.

Reaction Score
Let's have a dose of reality. Houston "D" handled Oklahoma and Cincinnati, and both of those teams have a much more potent offense than UConn. UConn struggled to score against one of the worse FBS defenses in the country, which was missing 3 starters on defense.

Syracuse offense had no trouble handling UConn's defense, despite missing 3 starting linemen. Their receivers made UConn's best safeties and corners look "JV". And their QB was only a sophomore.....but he can throw long, short, and hit receivers.

If UConn can keep it to a 29 point deficit, good for them. But don't forget, they have an incentive to "put us in our place" for the loss they suffered last year without their starting QB able to play more than a couple of snaps.

I guess I'm hoping against hope, but do not feel very confident.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

holy crap.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sorry. I needed this.
This may be the largest spread since the 2001/02/03 Miami game. That was something like 49 I think...but...UConn covered that.

They will not cover this one.

I know exactly what game you are talking about. My buddy took the points and went to the game at the Orange Bowl. UConn covered...barely...and he was the only guy in the stadium still with a rooting interest late in the 4Q. He loves to tell that story and with good reason - I always respect a betting man.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Call me crazy but I think we cover this. Our gameplan in each and every game this year has been to muck it up and turn the game ugly. It's much more easy to do this on the road than at home when there aren't 30K booing conservative play calls. I see UH being fairly motivated in the 1H, jumping out to a good sized lead and then remembering that they are the much more talented team that can name its score, then taking the foot off the gas just in time for UConn to put together a few garbage drives in 2H.

41-17. An ugly loss, but a backdoor cover nonetheless.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Let's have a dose of reality. Houston "D" handled Oklahoma and Cincinnati, and both of those teams have a much more potent offense than UConn. UConn struggled to score against one of the worse FBS defenses in the country, which was missing 3 starters on defense.

Syracuse offense had no trouble handling UConn's defense, despite missing 3 starting linemen. Their receivers made UConn's best safeties and corners look "JV". And their QB was only a sophomore.....but he can throw long, short, and hit receivers.

If UConn can keep it to a 29 point deficit, good for them. But don't forget, they have an incentive to "put us in our place" for the loss they suffered last year without their starting QB able to play more than a couple of snaps.

I guess I'm hoping against hope, but do not feel very confident.
You all have been sucked into Crazy's Bob's scheme. He's been sand bagging the team all in long in preparation for this game. Look for us to play offense all 4 quarters and actually cover the deep pass. Houston won't know what hit them.

Reaction Score
I'm joining your crazy train and think that's exactly what will happen. If there's one thing I've learned it's that we seem to no matter what play down to or play up to the level of our competition each game (Tulane, Nova / Mizzou, Houston). That also means are wtf losses are just as frequent as our wtf wins, which is a royal pain. I'm certainly not calling for a win, but just maybe our D has a good understanding of how Herman's O operates and can squeak out the cover. Oh, and for the record, I'm also not yet willing to give up my 7-5 call in the season prediction thread. I had the wt-f loss to Navy and my wt-f win is still out there with cincy, and the 'cuse loss really stings for that 7th win, but I still have some hope unlike what seems to be 2/3rds of this board.

Call me crazy but I think we cover this. Our gameplan in each and every game this year has been to muck it up and turn the game ugly. It's much more easy to do this on the road than at home when there aren't 30K booing conservative play calls. I see UH being fairly motivated in the 1H, jumping out to a good sized lead and then remembering that they are the much more talented team that can name its score, then taking the foot off the gas just in time for UConn to put together a few garbage drives in 2H.

41-17. An ugly loss, but a backdoor cover nonetheless.

Last edited:

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
UConn is awful ATS, 0-4.

And in 8 of our last 10 games the under has hit.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Houston is a giant favorite, and rightfully so. But I'll say this; the pressure that will be on Houston's shoulders if this game is close in the second half of a nationally televised game will be indescribable. Especially when considering what we did to them last year.

Take UConn and the points....and hopefully the massive upset... :cool:

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
In all seriousness If I gave you an over/under of 9.5 for total UConn points scored are you taking the over or the under?

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
In all seriousness If I gave you an over/under of 9.5 for total UConn points scored are you taking the over or the under?

I want to say over because Houston will move the ball with relative ease which will allow us more time on offense, which should translate to more points. However with this coaching staff, more chances on offense just means more time to run up the middle three straight downs for no gain then fake punt.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Houston is a giant favorite, and rightfully so. But I'll say this; the pressure that will be on Houston's shoulders if this game is close in the second half of a nationally televised game will be indescribable. Especially when considering what we did to them last year.

Take UConn and the points....and hopefully the massive upset... :cool:
You are the man Dan! Love the enthusiam, as always!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom