Heard Ollie had team meeting tonight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Heard Ollie had team meeting tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'd rather have the job at Uconn. Kevin Ollie is the boss here--he can be here for 25 years making 100mm$$+++ that is more than enough money. It's HARD to keep one NBA job--its almost never done even by good coaches. He has guys like James Dolan breathing down his neck--here he is the top dog--he is IT. He'll make more money here in the long run--there are less games--more time to enjoy life as well. To me its a no brainer.

Reaction Score
I'd rather have the job at Uconn. Kevin Ollie is the boss here--he can be here for 25 years making 100mm +++ that is more than enough money. It's HARD to keep one NBA job--its almost never done even by good coaches. He has guys like James Dolan breathing down his neck--here he is the top dog--he is IT. He'll make more money here in the long run--there are less games--more time to enjoy life as well. To me its a no brainer.

So true about keeping a job in the NBA. One slip up and your GONE, as were seeing with D'Antoni AND Vogel (whose team is the #1 seed in the playoffs), Scotty Brooks (who is in the playoffs every year) and apparently Mark Jackson (who pretty much just rebuilt the Warriors franchise to be a contender.) You never know when your gone in the NBA, you could make the playoffs and still be fired if you don't win it all.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
How many coaching changes has Ollie witnessed first hand in his NBA tenure, to good men, friends? He knows the score & will do what's best when the time is right. I hope we get 5-10 more years of ten toes in!

Reaction Score
To tell the players he is NOT leaving Uconn for the NBA.

Pretty solid source.

Thanks! Great news! I'm really glad he didn't waste any time to allow the issue to get stoked by more media speculation etc..

GO HUSKIES!!!
2014 NCAA NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!
BkqzCZWIUAAUuVZ.jpg

Reaction Score
We all trust and hope KO comes back, but there is obvious reason for concern. I, personally think KO will stay for all of the reasons every has said. My best hope is that this ends up HELPING UConn, as it keeps KO's name in the spotlight this summer. He's pretty much being recognized as the best coach in college, or at the least, a "rising star." When he (hopefully) stays, recruits will have have KO on the mind, if they don't already. So damn excited for this class of 2015. I feel like however it shakes out at the end, we are getting 4-5 studs. It could be the best recruiting class in UConn history (on paper - not saying it will play out like the Bazz class or the Thabeet class, but by rankings)...in KO we trust. It's amazing how the perception of KO and the program has changed in 18 months. I love that old Goodman article and remember reading it at the time. Now every NBA team is knocking on our door..thanks, but no thanks. We're all set here.

Reaction Score
Hey everyone I heard that Ollie is staying put, Shabazz Napier is actually going to be hired by the Lakers to act as player/coach. Coach K is having back surgery and he is hiring Jim Calhoun to coach Duke in his absence this coming season.

This all comes direct from a very trusty source, my very good friend and confidante Sloan Kettering. I was smoking up a doober with Sloan Kettering and Johnny Hopkins and it slipped out

Reaction Score
who creates a title like this?

People who want their topics clicked on.

It's not as bad as people who are asking about something, but don't put a question mark in the title.

Reaction Score
Ollie is going to be here for a long time. The only people who are talking of him jumping to the NBA right now are the talking heads who aren't close to the situation. I heard Francesca on the way home yesterday talking about Ollie making the jump as a given this year. Him, Goodman and all the other blowhards don't have a handle on this.

Reaction Score
So true about keeping a job in the NBA. One slip up and your GONE, as were seeing with D'Antoni AND Vogel (whose team is the #1 seed in the playoffs), Scotty Brooks (who is in the playoffs every year) and apparently Mark Jackson (who pretty much just rebuilt the Warriors franchise to be a contender.) You never know when your gone in the NBA, you could make the playoffs and still be fired if you don't win it all.

There are teams like that in college, too. UCLA fired Ben Howland after he made the tournament (and when he had a bung of really good results on his resume). Hell, Minnesota fired Tubby Smith after he made the tournament, and I don't know who told Minnesota they were good enough to be firing coaches who make the tournament. What should make this job so appealing to Ollie is the fact that he's going to be safe for a long time because he A) is a legacy who was handpicked by the godfather of UConn sports, and b) he's already got a title under his belt. They'd have to be mediocre for a while before he was even remotely on a hot seat.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Mr. Conehead said:
History has proven that Calipari will bolt as soon as the NCAA comes a calling…

Like a prohibition raid.

Reaction Score

D'Antoni doesn't really belong with that group, 3rd organization he has quit on, and he didn't show anything in New York to be able to walk right into the Laker job.

Reaction Score
Personally, I feel that this potential job must have been on Ollie's radar ever since the NC. There is just no way he convinces RB to stay and develop tremendously in his senior year with any chance of Ollie leaving. KO is LOYAL. END OF STORY.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
KO is likely already one of the most beloved figures in UConn history and there's absolutely no hyperbole with that statement.

I think the opportunity to build on Calhoun's legacy, the UConn Basketball tradition and being a stalwart at the university while grooming kids into young men is KO's calling.

It's time for UConn to pony up the cash and lock this incredible coach/ ambassador to our school for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom