Heard Ollie had team meeting tonight | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Heard Ollie had team meeting tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Yes necessarily, you think Ollie is signing a contract without a big guarantee?
Well, I don't think Ollie is signing a contract in Los Angeles, but that is neither here nor there.

Former "Coach" Pasqualoni made $1.6 million in 2012-13 (2nd year of a 5 year deal). So by your theory, he would be owed at least that per year for 2013-16 (his AAS increased each year). When UConn finally fired him, they bought out the remaining 2 years + 8 games for $3/4 million. I believe it was written into his deal, but I can't confirm because it is no longer readily available online (i.e. I'm not looking for it).

Whether the buyout is negotiated up front and included in the contract, or at the time of firing, is irrelevant. The fact is the buyout is typically less than what the coach would have made had he completed the term of the contract..

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Well, I don't think Ollie is signing a contract in Los Angeles, but that is neither here nor there.

Former "Coach" Pasqualoni made $1.6 million in 2012-13 (2nd year of a 5 year deal). So by your theory, he would be owed at least that per year for 2013-16 (his AAS increased each year). When UConn finally fired him, they bought out the remaining 2 years + 8 games for $3/4 million. I believe it was written into his deal, but I can't confirm because it is no longer readily available online (i.e. I'm not looking for it).

Whether the buyout is negotiated up front and included in the contract, or at the time of firing, is irrelevant. The fact is the buyout is typically less than what the coach would have made had he completed the term of the contract..

It's not theory, chucklehead. It would be a signed contract and it would have a guaranteed minimum. Why are you arguing this. And why are you using P as an example? Did you start early today?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
It's not theory, chucklehead. It would be a signed contract and it would have a guaranteed minimum. Why are you arguing this. And why are you using P as an example? Did you start early today?
I stopped reading after "Chucklehead." Personal attacks negate anything further the debater may have to say...On second thought. I'll answer the questions.

I'm arguing it because I'm right. I used Former "Coach" Pasqualoni's contract because it is now documented history. It happened. It is fact. Anything that Ollie may or may not agree to in Los Angeles is pure speculation. You have no clue to what will be agreed.

Former "Coach" Pasqualoni's buyout was cents on the dollar compared to what he would have been owed had he coached for the final 2+ seasons. His salary was listed under the Heading: "Compensation" in his contract. It listed five numbers, one each for the original five years of the term. The Buyout clause was listed under the heading: "Termination." It listed also listed five numbers.

I'm not sure what you mean by starting early today.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I stopped reading after "Chucklehead." Personal attacks negate anything further the debater may have to say...On second thought. I'll answer the questions.

I'm arguing it because I'm right. I used Former "Coach" Pasqualoni's contract because it is now documented history. It happened. It is fact. Anything that Ollie may or may not agree to in Los Angeles is pure speculation. You have no clue to what will be agreed.

Former "Coach" Pasqualoni's buyout was cents on the dollar compared to what he would have been owed had he coached for the final 2+ seasons. His salary was listed under the Heading: "Compensation" in his contract. It listed five numbers, one each for the original five years of the term. The Buyout clause was listed under the heading: "Termination." It listed also listed five numbers.

I'm not sure what you mean by starting early today.

I have an excellent clue. If Ollie's chooses to sign in the NBA it will be for big, guaranteed money. There will no cheap buyout, it will be " you, pay me". The "starting early" crack refers to your use of intoxicants because no one sober would continue to use P's deal as some kind of comparative template.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I have an excellent clue. If Ollie's chooses to sign in the NBA it will be for big, guaranteed money. There will no cheap buyout, it will be " you, pay me". The "starting early" crack refers to your use of intoxicants because no one sober would continue to use P's deal as some kind of comparative template.
Waquoit... It's Friday night man... Crack a beer or two and chill. :)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Waquoit... It's Friday night man... Crack a beer or two and chill. :)

Just got nipped by freaking Calvin Borel. It's gonna take a few more minutes.

Reaction Score
The Title is a Rohrshach Test ...

If you are destined to always believe that UConn news is BAD, you open with trepidation. If you think we have had just an incredible ride ... I think you open it in anticipation like another Christmas morning. Amazingly ... this Program keeps rewarding us.

Reaction Score
I'd rather have the job at Uconn. Kevin Ollie is the boss here--he can be here for 25 years making 100mm +++ that is more than enough money. It's HARD to keep one NBA job--its almost never done even by good coaches. He has guys like James Dolan breathing down his neck--here he is the top dog--he is IT. He'll make more money here in the long run--there are less games--more time to enjoy life as well. To me its a no brainer.
I always find these comments funny. few if any on this board could understand the decision of choosing HC at Uconn or the Lakers. even more difficult if you take the uconn glasses off.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
why are people paranoid about Ollie leaving?

he has stated a bunch of times that he is not leaving right now. There are many very good reasons why he would not leave for at least another 5 years, and on top of that has stated that this is his dream job. There has been zero signs of him making any type of move towards an NBA job. Not even decent rumors other than teams might want him because he has a good relationship with Durant and Lebron.

When he takes an interview I will start worrying, but before that it is simply foolish to worry.

Because he is on their list and KO said he would not rule it out. That said, I would be surprised if he left.

Reaction Score
I always find these comments funny. few if any on this board could understand the decision of choosing HC at Uconn or the Lakers. even more difficult if you take the uconn glasses off.

I find his opinion intelligent and not at all funny. It's KO, he's just past 40 and just started coaching, head coaching actually for 2 years. He's an overachiever as a personality and a great motivator, as well as an educator for kids to become men by living their life the right way day in-day out. Where does any of the belong in the NBA? I know KD, RW and others idolized his work ethic blah blah blah, and I agree that's cool and there will always be a few. But it's the NBA, have you ever looked at a bench when a coach is on his knees diagraming a play? There's about 2 guys listening and the others already know who's getting the play drawn up for them……..

Eventually there may be interest but for now the guy who has found his "dream job" and lives in Glastonbury with his family with plenty of money to support them for life, understands the difference of being an impact on kids or a babysitter for egomaniacs who make more than he would anyway. It's not funny, it's reality….his "best option and the better job for him" right now is in Storrs and he knows that. You won't hear it until he signs that new deal that's all!

caw

Reaction Score
KO said that?

Nope.

If Ollie gets 2.5 Oma normal continually renewing contract at UConn, LA would have to top Brad Stevens 6 years 22 million by a decent amount to get Ollie to even consider IMO. Maybe 5-7 a year. I don't think try will do that. Just my opinion on how loyal Ollie is to UConn. Hope I'm right.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Please post the quote from Ollie. That's an unsourced quote from someone who thinks Ollie feels that way.

Are you serious? How about you find the quote where Ollie says he won't listen.

I don't want him to go and I don't think he'll go. No idea why you are jumping on me.

Reaction Score
Are you serious? How about you find the quote where Ollie says he won't listen.

I don't want him to go and I don't think he'll go. No idea why you are jumping on me.

I don't need to find anything. You said that Ollie said he wouldn't rule out an NBA move. Then you provided two links without a quote from him. He hasn't told anyone in the media that he's interested in the LA job or the Warriors job or anything else. All we have are unsourced quotes from mystery characters.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I understand what caw and Bruce are saying. So a source "close to Ollie"(but not Ollie) said Ollie said it. That could mean nothing. But Ollie never debunked that quote that has been going around for days either. We all know why he hasn't and I assume we all don't blame him one bit. This is a negotiation strategy that KO is allowing this to work to his advantage. We all think he is staying.

Reaction Score
I understand what caw and Bruce are saying. So a source "close to Ollie"(but not Ollie) said Ollie said it. That could mean nothing. But Ollie never debunked that quote that has been going around for days either. We all know why he hasn't and I assume we all don't blame him one bit. This is a negotiation strategy that KO is allowing this to work to his advantage. We all think he is staying.

The quotes don't even say that Ollie said it. They say that he feels that way. The quoted "source" (if it is, indeed, a real person, rather than an invention of the "reporter") may simply be offering his opinion on what he thinks will happen, or be repeating something he supposedly heard from someone else. The only person who has gone on-record on this is Ollie, and he said there's no meeting. I believe that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom