Has the gag order been lifted? | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Has the gag order been lifted?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
You quoted it, suggesting it had more value than dog excrement being wiped from a shoe. It doesn't.

You don't think Ollie can dig up a million different transgressions? You are that naive to think similar stuff doesn't go on everywhere including under Calhoun?

Man I'd like to live in your lollipop and unicorn world. It sounds dreamy.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
SJ is right about one thing.

As little as I think about these people even I didn’t think they would unleash a rat to the NCAA.

$10 million dollars is a lot of money because of their own ineptitude.

As little as I think of cut and run Suzie - collaborating on turning Miller rat is something even for someone with her ethics.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
lol. I also got the following ads:

Ollie - remote controlled robot
The Essential Glenn Miller - album
Page 8 - a book in the Worricher Trilogy (while reading page 8 of this thread)
Also got an ad for a sundress, not sure of the meaning there...
Sigh...
upload_2018-6-21_11-20-58.png

Thanks Rico.

C

Chief00

I don't know and don't care if Calhoun was in on it, or the school was. Whoever took the steps necessary to save the program by allowing it to remove Ollie acted in the interest of UConn, the program and its fans. As one of the people in the latter group, I can only say...thanks. I'll gladly cheer an athletic department holding to the letter of a bad contract they entered into .

The moral and ethical thing here would be for Ollie to say: "I have been derelict in my duties, have failed to perform them to the best of my abilities, and I therefore will resign, and will not seek to obtain payment for services I will no longer render."

Now that would be a classy move. If Ollie wanted to be respected despite his failures, that's how he could have done it. His prospects for future employment would be much, much stronger.

I am not a lawyer but how do you do that and then tell the court you can’t pay the remaining $2 million of Alimony and other one time payments.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
1. That’s their own fault - it’s amazing you want to nail Ollie for being inept but not leadership.
2. LOL - so should Benedict and Herbst and Warde for the deals they signed then.
3. Yes nothing to see here. Just an athletic department using a rat to blab third party hearsay to the NCAA. Let’s celebrate the people so inept they have to put the department at risk to clean up the mess they made.

If Benedict and Herbst and Warde have clauses in their contracts that are essentially "get out of jail free" cards for UConn, go right ahead. Ollie should be fighting his agent/lawyer for signing something with such a large loophole.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I am not a lawyer but how do you do that and then tell the court you can’t pay the remaining $2 million of Alimony and other one time payments.

That's his problem. Where is his NBA money? Where is the money he's made since he's been HC? He should be sitting on more than $10M or he's a moron.

Edit: If his wife and her lawyer are smart, they would all have worked out something that would best protect his long term future earning potential. This was not that. I'm not saying take nothing, but he could take something and preserve his reputation.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"Judge I got fired and I can’t pay the remaining $2 million of Alimony and other one time payments."

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Pen how do you know that UConn didn't offer $5M and KO said no? We have no idea what the exchange was. My guess is that UConn offered something and KO said no. That guess is no more or less valid than yours, but they both are just guesses.
This would be my guess as well.

Who here thinks not?

Last edited:
C

Chief00

That's his problem. Where is his NBA money? Where is the money he's made since he's been HC? He should be sitting on more than $10M or he's a moron.

Edit: If his wife and her lawyer are smart, they would all have worked out something that would best protect his long term future earning potential. This was not that. I'm not saying take nothing, but he could take something and preserve his reputation.
Care to answer your own question?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Care to answer your own question?

I don't know him. I'm not around the program or Storrs. So I wouldn't want to speculate. I think my "moron" comment comes closest to answering it.

Reaction Score
Kevin Ollie's attorney, Jacques Parenteau says "it is clear that President Herbst is relying upon nothing more than de minimus and isolated infractions to support the University of Connecticut’s flawed interpretation of the collective bargaining agreement."
Was Parenteau the same attorney who allowed the departed Ollie to sign a contract with such broad language regarding compliance, infractions, etc? Unlikely, but the departed Ollie still signed the contract regardless of how Parenteau may try to colorfully diminish or downplay reported infractions and compliance failures.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Did the NCAA approach Miller or did he approach the NCAA?
I'm surprised (not surprised) that I haven't seen this question asked earlier.

Was Miller's in the nature of sworn testimony?
Was it voluntary?

I don't know.

Reaction Score
I know you aren’t being sarcastic which is a scary disconnect from planet Earth.

Many schools systematically cover up rape and assault. 6 figure amounts are passed from shoe companies, boosters and coaches to players, families and hanger ons.

Other than stuff that reads like a fever dream Miller had after getting fired the violations are so pedestrian as to be comical for 1,300 pages.

That may be true that there are worse violations in the college basketball world than what Ollie did, but that fact doesn't make the many things he did OK and not subject to disciplinary action.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom