Has Creighton ever seen a zone?? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Has Creighton ever seen a zone??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
i'm not trying to be in a pissing match here. i like uconn. many of the fans... eh.

That's funny, I don't like PC and Syracuse because of their fans. So I don't go to their boards to interact with them.

You act as if we don't have much to be proud of "yeah yeah I know, basketball was invented in the 90's", then accuse us of arrogance when we respond.

It's easy to fake humility when all you have to brag about is an elite 8 loss and a final four loss. That still doesn't mean you aren't being a .

The fact that you're on this board, admitting you don't like UConn fans, and posting about George Mason shows you're only here to be a .

I'm sorry your coach choked away your first tournament game in a long time. But don't worry, now that the big boys have left the Big East, you'll get more opportunities.

Maybe.

Reaction Score
You seemed like a fan without intent a while ago so now what makes you think we will accept you as the PC fan with an agenda?

If you want to talk hoops in general you're welcome I am sure by most…..if you want to talk about the history of basketball this is the UConn board, while we are proud of our Yankee Conference heritage we weren't PC in those days but in case you haven't noticed as of late our program, thanks to JC and others, has more than made up for that small piece of ancient history. We have moved on as well should you…….
i actually didn't bring up history. a question was posed about zone. i answered it... and immediately was denigrated. i was asked more questions about history because many of you guys are sensitive.

Reaction Score
That's funny, I don't like PC and Syracuse because of their fans. So I don't go to their boards to interact with them.

You act as if we don't have much to be proud of "yeah yeah I know, basketball was invented in the 90's", then accuse us of arrogance when we respond.

It's easy to fake humility when all you have to brag about is an elite 8 loss and a final four loss. That still doesn't mean you aren't being a .

The fact that you're on this board, admitting you don't like UConn fans, and posting about George Mason shows you're only here to be a .

I'm sorry your coach choked away your first tournament game in a long time. But don't worry, now that the big boys have left the Big East, you'll get more opportunities.

Maybe.
i accuse you of arrogance when i answered the question about zone. that is how this started. you guys are really sensitive.

Reaction Score
i accuse you of arrogance when i answered the question about zone. that is how this started. you guys are really sensitive.

Ok we'll be less sensitive from now on……but please start by telling us how great UConn is okay?

……………….kidding peeps having some fun

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
i actually didn't bring up history. a question was posed about zone. i answered it... and immediately was denigrated. i was asked more questions about history because many of you guys are sensitive.
No. You were asked more questions about history because of a snarky response.

You can try to play victim all you want. The truth (and everyone knows it) is that you are here in an attempt to somehow prove that whatever it is that your school has accomplished is somehow something worthy of praise while what we have does not warrant anything. If you want to play that game on a PC board go ahead, I imagine that this is exactly what goes on there. Here we are men (well at least the men are) and we are willing to call a win a win, a loss a loss and a mid major conference (such as the new BE and the AAC) a mid major conference. The biggest difference between the AAC and the BE is that the AAC has us (and for a little longer UL) while the BE has only garbage similar to what the remainder of the AAC has.

Tell the world that it still is the BE (I will warn you however that there are few things more dangerous than believing your own lies) and that the great Fox contract (where games may be televised but nobody can find them) will allow you a chance to grow. We know better (and you should as well). This past season (and this past weekend) was the height of what the new BE will be. The good thing for us is that in another two years you and your PC friends will spend their time on URI and UMass boards telling them that you are really a quality basketball program (as you have tried to do here for far too long) and we won't need to deal with the nuisance any longer.

Reaction Score

So as someone who doesn't like UConn fans, you came to a UConn board to answer a facetious question about Creighton, in a thread where nobody mentioned Providence College?

You've been a really big help. You can leave now since you probably have an early tee time with Ed and Andre.

Speaking of sensitive. You weren't denigrated, Providence's zone was.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
PC fans think telling us that college basketball for UConn fans started in 1990 is some kind of insult, not realizing 1990 was a lot longer ago than many of us care to admit. Not to mention, UConn was the top program coming out of the Yankee Conference before the BE was formed, with something like 17 conference championships. Our first Final 8 was in 1964, and our first couple of years in the BE were hardly the crapshow the majority of the C7 over the last 20 years have been. PC and Holy Cross had a couple of nice runs in the 50's and 70's, but dear god, no one in New England has ever had the national success UConn has achieved over the last 25 years. So when PC fans come over here begging for validation, I think of how the PC fans view URI fans on their own board.

Reaction Score
you guys make a lot of assumptions. i answered a question about zone.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
But the last real Big East Championship was in 2013.
2012, actually, but I have to admit I prefer 2011.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
This is a serious question - does Providence play a good zone? We all know Syracuse is the best at it, and apparently Baylor's zone is right up there too as Creighton looked lost. But it's hard to emulate a zone in practice if your team isn't any good at playing it on defense, so if the PC zone is only s0-s0, I can see why Creighton might have struggled. Still, a 30 point loss by the 3 seed to a 6 seed... ugly...

Reaction Score
This is a serious question - does Providence play a good zone? We all know Syracuse is the best at it, and apparently Baylor's zone is right up there too as Creighton looked lost. But it's hard to emulate a zone in practice if your team isn't any good at playing it on defense, so if the PC zone is only s0-s0, I can see why Creighton might have struggled. Still, a 30 point loss by the 3 seed to a 6 seed... ugly...
providence played zone maybe 10% of the time this year. usually it was only played anchored by 7 footer. they rebounded like crap out of it hence it was hardly ever used. playing zone vs. creighton was a surprise to them and they responded accordingly.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
That's funny.

Remember when Providence offered George Mason's coach their head coaching job?

And he turned it down because, well, it wasn't a step up.
Posts like these should be able to be "liked" multiple times. Concise, to the point, and brutal. Perfect for Pee Cee trolls.

Reaction Score
yeah yeah i know... basketball was invented in the 90s.
Typical Providence fan's response. FYI, Mr. Peeps, UConn defeated Providence in the New England tourney, for the right to advance to the tourney in 1978. Prior to the BE, the NCAA issued an edict that to enter the tourney one must win a conference championship. That New England tourney went on for 3 years. UConn won 2 of them.
Also, UConn reached the elite-8 in 1965. BTW, since the 1990 season look where UConn has gone. And, look where PC has gone. After your two only good seasons, since the BE was formed, both coaches (Pitino & Barnes) bolted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom