Has Creighton ever seen a zone?? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Has Creighton ever seen a zone??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The funny thing is even though it seemed obvious Cuse and KU were overrated, I still didn't think the 6th best team in the A10 and Stanford would both come through.

Reaction Score
The funny thing is even though it seemed obvious Cuse and KU were overrated, I still didn't think the 6th best team in the A10 and Stanford would both come through.

Dayton vs. Stanford is my sweet 16 matchup :D. Bill Self is a living momument to the proposition that you can know literally nothing about how to perform the functions of coaching basketball, but seduce enough McDonald All-Americans to keep your job.

Reaction Score
@whaler11 - this is what a conference embarrassing itself looks like. Tennessee shut down Xavier in a play in, PC loses. And then both protected seeds (a 2 and a 3) are beaten by double figures in the first weekend.

Reaction Score
ACC pretty embarrassing for one of the power conferences.

AAC forever.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
peeps said:
ACC pretty embarrassing for one of the power conferences. AAC forever.
Nah, It's UCONN forever. Because it doesn't matter where we are conference wise, we simply win in March. As another poster aptly pointed out, one more win and Ollie in his first year will have more NCAA wins than PeeCee in 27 years. LOL PeeCee , you can have your conference and continue to salivate over our program. Were still here. Come at us, brah.

Reaction Score
at least do the math right and say 26 years... final four in 87 and elite 8 in 97.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
@whaler11 - this is what a conference embarrassing itself looks like. Tennessee shut down Xavier in a play in, PC loses. And then both protected seeds (a 2 and a 3) are beaten by double figures in the first weekend.

Yeah the Big East was terrible. I wasn't surprised by Nova, they were dead men walking. Creighton was turrible today. I didn't watch much of it because they were so uncompetitive, but that's an ugly end for them.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
at least do the math right and say 26 years... final four in 87 and elite 8 in 97.
If you want we can go back to 1973. Even with that, in the 42 tournaments that occurred from the opening tip of the first game in 1973 until today exactly how many NCAA tournament games has PC won? How many were in tournaments other than the above named three?

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
yeah yeah i know... basketball was invented in the 90s.
??

That is an answer to my questions?

Be a man Peeps (I know, it may be too much to ask of a PC fan).

Reaction Score
If you want we can go back to 1973. Even with that, in the 42 tournaments that occurred from the opening tip of the first game in 1973 until today exactly how many NCAA tournament games has PC won? How many were in tournaments other than the above named three?

The answer is who cares? You don't brag about a final four appearance 27 years ago (we have made 4 in that time) or an elite 8 appearance (we have made 9 since 1987) unless you have exactly NO championships (3, but you already knew that) to drive the point home.

I was born in 1988. Providence has been relevant in exactly none of my lifetime.

Reaction Score
i wish you guys had beaten george mason so i could hear some more.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
You keep posting but still your math skills haven't been able to put an answer to the questions I posed. One major difference between your program and ours is that we view that loss as a bitter disappointment. Your fan base (and you) view losing in a regional final (see 1987) as a monumental achievement.

Reaction Score

We'd love it if you could advance past the first round of the tournament more than once a decade so we could have a worthwhile debate on the topic...

Reaction Score
a bitter disappointment because you were the top overall seed losing to an 11 seed with a starting 5 that made the NBA.

12 wins since 73. i know i know... you've probably had that in 7 years.

i'm not trying to be in a pissing match here. i like uconn. many of the fans... eh.

Reaction Score

Do us a favor and your coach's too, go remove that apple from his throat which got lodged there the last 2 minutes of the UNC game (if you can get him off the golf course!), then come back and talk to us when yet another successful season ends well after your pathetic's programs did…….

"Oh wait but we had Joe Mullaney, Marvin Barnes, Ernie D, Joey Hassett, Rick Pitino, Billy Donovan and then…….uh oh yeah we've sucked since UConn has dominated New England basketball and the northeast for 25 years now……."

Give it up peeps, go watch the news or something.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
another humble soul

Newsflash. People here are still quite bitter about George Mason. You'll win no friends opening that particular wound.

Reaction Score
when the extremists go to the extremes to denigrate... do you really think it doesn't give folks the juice to open that wound?

i'm sure many disagree... but i have not denigrated uconn as a program in any way.

Reaction Score
It's so cute you can remember the two years you made a final four and elite 8.

I remember when we only had a couple of those to keep track of.

Reaction Score
another humble soul

You seemed like a fan without intent a while ago so now what makes you think we will accept you as the PC fan with an agenda?

If you want to talk hoops in general you're welcome I am sure by most…..if you want to talk about the history of basketball this is the UConn board, while we are proud of our Yankee Conference heritage we weren't PC in those days but in case you haven't noticed as of late our program, thanks to JC and others, has more than made up for that small piece of ancient history. We have moved on as well should you…….

Reaction Score
a bitter disappointment because you were the top overall seed losing to an 11 seed with a starting 5 that made the NBA.

12 wins since 73. i know i know... you've probably had that in 7 years.

i'm not trying to be in a pissing match here. i like uconn. many of the fans... eh.

Then stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog