Hamilton signs with Sam Goldfeder | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hamilton signs with Sam Goldfeder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
There goes next season. This might influence purvis and Brimah as well. This really sucks.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Good luck to him, after Jordan Hamilton flamed out so quickly I figured with DHam they would make sure he's ready before making the jump and he's even less ready than he was. Can't see him making it with what jumper and his inability to make quick decisions with the ball.
Jordan is averaging 11ppg for the Pelicans right now. He didnt "flame out"

Reaction Score
There goes next season. This might influence purvis and Brimah as well. This really sucks.
If anything I think it would make Purvis more likely to stay. The ball just got freed up a ton. Hamilton was one of the most overused players in the NCAA this year.

I wish him all the luck in the world, but this makes one thing clear. We are definitely going to need a grad transfer who can rebound and score around 10 PPG. Otherwise we're going to get murdered on the glass.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
(WTNH)–On the surface, UConn’s Daniel Hamilton appears to be making a huge mistake. Let’s just be honest.

The 6-7 sophomore forward reportedly signed with an agent and will not be eligible to return to UConn next season.

“I’m not testing the waters,” Hamilton reportedly told the Hartford Courant’s Dom Amore. “I’m all in.”

“Wherever I get drafted, I’m okay with it. I just feel this is the best for me and my family.”

Former Husky Sam Cassell Jr., who announced his decision to transfer earlier this month, sent out his congratulations to Hamilton on Twitter earlier this afternoon, which threw UConn Twitter up in arms.

If he doesn’t hire an agent, Hamilton can work out with teams and get an idea as to where–and if–he might be selected in the draft. Instead, if this report is true, he’ll have no choice but to go wherever he’s chosen, sign with an NBA D-League team, or play overseas.

The 6-7 sophomore guard averaged 12.5 points, 8.9 rebounds and 4.7 assists per game for the Huskies this past season. He’s not projected to be drafted on NBADraft.net or DraftExpress.com, two of the most popular mock NBA draft websites.

Undergraduates who don’t sign with agents are eligible to return to school by May 25, per a new NCAA rule. UConn’s Amida Brimah and Rodney Purvis also put their names in for the NBA Draft, but have not signed with agents.

More stories by Kels Dayton, WTNH.com Staff

Report: Daniel Hamilton will sign with agent, enter NBA Draft

Reaction Score
If anything I think it would make Purvis more likely to stay. The ball just got freed up a ton. Hamilton was one of the most overused players in the NCAA this year.
nope. Don't bet on that

Reaction Score
Obvious first thing is that this is big for Larrier to step up and be ready. But it's also big for Facey. We won't have the DHam at 4 option of going small (Larrier isn't the same rebounder).

Vance Jackson may be needed off the bench right away too.

Reaction Score
Jordan is averaging 11ppg for the Pelicans right now. He didnt "flame out"
He was out of the league and got signed by a team decimated with injuries to a 10 day, you're acting as if he put up those numbers all year, that's over 5 games. I guess props to him for making use of this opportunity but this is usually the time of the year when teams are playing out the string and "unknowns" get run, Dyson had a similar opportunity for the Hornets years ago. I'd be shocked if he is still on a roster next year.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
What? He just signed a 10-day contract on March 25th. Previous to that he was floating in the D-League for the past 2 years outside of a couple of 10-day contracts. He's not exactly killing it professionally.

Lmao was going to say, Hamilton was in the D league and over a grand total of 5 games on the most injury ridden team in the league he's averaging 11ppg in meaningless games.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
He was out of the league and got signed by a team decimated with injuries to a 10 day, you're acting as if he put up those numbers all year, that's over 5 games. I guess props to him for making use of this opportunity but this is usually the time of the year when teams are playing out the string and "unknowns" get run, Dyson had a similar opportunity for the Hornets years ago. I'd be shocked if he is still on a roster next year.
Did not realize that he was just picked up. I saw 11ppg and figured he had been there for a while. My bad.

C

Chief00

People laughed when I said I did not like the new rule and gave me timelines etc why I was so wrong. The problem is it is a slippery slope and likely agents start throwing them money or a new car as soon as they declare for the process. It opens the door.

I was surprised KO thought the rule was good - and maybe in theory it is - but I guarantee you - it won't play out in such an orderly process.
Chief00

Reaction Score
Good luck DHam, that's about all I can say. For you stat guys how does his resume look? What's he selling (e.g. small forward with spin moves, rebounder, handle, etc.)?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
We can probably take the "maybe" out of the thread title now, eh?

Damn. If both DHam and Purvis are gone we've got an interesting season ahead, to put it mildly.

Let's hope it pays dividends two seasons from now, but get ready for an even bumpier ride next season than we had this one.

Reaction Score
Borges deleted the tweets
What he tweet? More uconn player bashing ? He might not be far off on Hamilton but jeez, has anyone seen a less engaged beat guy like Borges? he stinks, so does most of the horde

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
What he tweet? More uconn player bashing ? He might not be far off on Hamilton but jeez, has anyone seen a less engaged beat guy like Borges? he stinks, so does most of the horde
Yeah I deleted that. I got mixed up and thought Borges made the tweets, not Amore. So I thought he deleted them when they weren't there.

Also, FWIW, I think Borges is far better than anyone on the HC staff.

Reaction Score
People laughed when I said I did not like the new rule and gave me timelines etc why I was so wrong. The problem is it is a slippery slope and likely agents start throwing them money or a new car as soon as they declare for the process. It opens the door.

I was surprised KO thought the rule was good - and maybe in theory it is - but I guarantee you - it won't play out in such an orderly process.
Chief00
The timing of this has nothing to do with the new rule. To commit so early in the process suggests this decision, right or wrong, was made a while back.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score

Chief00
LOL as usual. DHam jumping had nothing to do with the new rule. It's pretty clear he and his camp have been ready to move on for a while now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom