Hamilton signs with Sam Goldfeder | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hamilton signs with Sam Goldfeder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Bad bad bad move, but it is true, Dom Amore confirms. This really sucks.

Reaction Score
Sucks, but not that surprised if it is true. Was worried about this after the Alpha Diallo offer and @James did say he was hearing this would happen almost immediately after the Kansas game.

Reaction Score
Sad face. Selfishly a sad face. Best of luck to him ... he'll be making a lot of money somewhere. Really was not done watching that kid grow, loved loved loved his game.

Really not sure how much money he'll be making right away. Is he even a sure draft pick?

Reaction Score
Most mock drafts don't even have him top 50 next year.. Let alone this year.. Am I missing something here? Mock drafts equal grain of salt, I get it , but arnt they usually somewhat accurate?

Reaction Score
I saw tweets of him being on a plane headed to LAX early last week and thought something might be up. The good news, Rodney and Amida have remained on campus since declaring.

Reaction Score
Daniel Hamilton, F, So., UConn*

Hamilton didn't do much to improve on a solid, though unspectacular sophomore season. As the Huskies, imploded so did his dreams of being a potential first-round pick this year. For two straight seasons he has shot worse than 40 percent from the field and his 3-point shooting dipped to just 33 percent this year. He's a terrific rebounder and a proven playmaker, which is appealing to NBA teams, but he really needs to add strength and a jump shot. He's in the second round to undrafted range if he stays in the draft.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Really not sure how much money he'll be making right away. Is he even a sure draft pick?

I don't think money's an issue with him. One of his brothers has 5 or so years of NBA money and another's played in Europe. This must just be him being done with collegiate ball and wanting something more.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
best of luck to him but can't help but feel like he's hurting himself more than anyone.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Maybe the kid wants to leave school and play somewhere anywhere. Best of luck, it's a head scratcher for sure. Insert Larrier. Who else is out there that we can nab?

Reaction Score
Sucks, but not that surprised if it is true. Was worried about this after the Alpha Diallo offer and @James did say he was hearing this would happen almost immediately after the Kansas game.
Yep. It's honestly been on the table since last year, they( father+ko) were doing research on his stock when his freshman year finished up

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
It just seems like someone is in the kids ear and it's not a good voice. It's hard as a 20 year old to really understand the finality of a decision like this.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Did not see this coming.

I'm more surprised from an emotional maturity level than anything else. Just did not seem ready.

Please please tell me he'll leave in good academic standing so this doesn't hurt our APR.

Yes, that was all selfish. I do wish him the best obviously but I'm still in the shocked and pissed phase and not ready for the thanks and good luck wishes yet.

Reaction Score
Yep. It's honestly been on the table since last year, they were doing research on his stock when his freshman year finished up
And it was kind of clear KO knew something was up because whenever he was asked about the NBA draft he kept emphasizing that he hoped his players don't sign with an agent to keep their eligibility in tact.

Reaction Score
Not surprised at all. Good luck to DHam. He has his work cut out for him. Next up.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
I'm kind of shocked DHam is jumping, especially after what happened to this brother Jordan in the NBA. He definitely could have used at least one more year of seasoning. Wish him the best of luck.

Also, I know I'm in the minority, but I thought DeAndre actually make the right decision by jumping while his stock was at an all time high. It hasn't worked out for him so far, but I think injuries have had a lot to do with that.

Reaction Score
Good luck to him, after Jordan Hamilton flamed out so quickly I figured with DHam they would make sure he's ready before making the jump and he's even less ready than he was. Can't see him making it with what jumper and his inability to make quick decisions with the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom