Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 99 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seems to me crystal ball picks change whenever someone takes an official. He takes one to UConn everyone jumps. He takes one to KY everyone jumps. When he goes to AZ people will jump. These guys know nothing. NOTHING. I don't care what they think at all.
My conclusion is that it's really.........

Tuco.gif

Reaction Score
Would love to have been a fly on the scummy wall with the crap flowing from the Squids mouth. The promises of grandeur and his future being better when he leaves UK and not UConn blah blah blah.

Hey the kids buy it, not like it's his fault!:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Agree on Dunn being much better defensively and he's probably got him 2 inches or so in wingspan but disagree on him being a significantly better athlete. I think Adams will be the better scorer.
Let it play out, Adams is not an NBA guard right now and isn't close to Dunn level.

Let it play out, Adams size and length is not NBA proto, it's not what the league looks for.

Remember I was the one who told all of you that Jaylen Brown was a top 3 pick last December and you guys all laughed at me.

Let it play out.

Reaction Score
Let it play out, Adams is not an NBA guard right now and isn't close to Dunn level.

Let it play out, Adams size and length is not NBA proto, it's not what the league looks for.
Both of those statements are incorrect.
  • By the #s Adams is better than sophomore year Dunn on the offensive side of the ball
  • Of the 6 PGs listed in the lottery of the Draftexpress mock, Adams has a bigger wingspan than 3, equal to one, smaller than 2
It is playing out. Open your eyes.

Remember I was the one who told all of you that Jaylen Brown was a top 3 pick last December and you guys all laughed at me.
Literally every mock draft had Brown as a top 3 pick at this time last year.

Reaction Score
Adams has NBA size and skills if he can turn himself into a solid PG. I mean it is up to him to get to that point but he has the potential and there's no doubting that.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Jalen has plus-level NBA skills that can not be taught like body control and nifty interior finishing. His length is NBA level. His flaws, mainly carelessness and a slightly loose handle, can be cleaned up. He has to be a PG and I believe his vision is good enough, he just needs more reps. For all the critiquing of his shot, he is standing @ 43% from deep. If he can sustain that around 35% on a high sample size, I am very optimistic on his NBA prospects. I think lotto in a year and a half is very possible so I definitely agree. Its hard to compare to Kemba bc his work ethic and remarkable skill progression but Jalen is significantly better than Kemba was at the same time.

Significantly better then Kemba and light years ahead of Bazz. I don't think many people realize just exactly what we have in Adams here.

Reaction Score
His wingspan is listed at 6'6.5" as of 2014 according to draft express.

I always thought Adams had long arms, maybe not.

Anyone who thinks that Jalen can't become a high-level NBA point guard is nuts. Is it 100% guaranteed? Of course not. But he has a really great skill base to build off of. Great right hand finisher with control, great size (whoever says otherwise is an idiot), developing PG skills, etc.

Needs to work on his left hand, 3 pt shot, and some PG skills. He is much farther along than MANY nba point guards were at this point. Even if he is old for his class.

If he works hard and is open-minded with coaching, the sky is the limit.

Reaction Score
I made several attempts to get this thread back on topic but some insist on making this the Jalen Adams thread for some reason.
You can't expect children to follow directions.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Problem is there is no more room for speculation. Unless someone posts a new tweet or whatever with something new we just have to wait.

Diallo has another official left. Do we know when he's going to AZ?

Reaction Score
I've performed some social media analytics on this pic and I have determined that he might be ready to sign based on his usage of the penmanship emoji and his usage of the phrase "next chapter". Also Rodney, Jalen, Mamadou and probably some others liked the pic.
IMG_4225.jpg

Reaction Score
I've performed some social media analytics on this pic and I have determined that he might be ready to sign based on his usage of the penmanship emoji and his usage of the phrase "next chapter". Also Rodney, Jalen, Mamadou and probably some others liked the pic. View attachment 18169

Sign with who? Would those guys like it if it was with another team?

Reaction Score
I've performed some social media analytics on this pic and I have determined that he might be ready to sign based on his usage of the penmanship emoji and his usage of the phrase "next chapter". Also Rodney, Jalen, Mamadou and probably some others liked the pic. View attachment 18169
I can say for certain. If he doesn't choose UConn it won't be because of the players. Our guys are doing everything they can to get him here

Reaction Score
Yea Jalen especially has been public about recruiting Hami. He's commented on a bunch of his instagrams lately, and did a funny eye roll comment when he said he was taking an official to uk.

He was also doin a live instagram video once and someone asked a question about Hami in the comments. Jalen didn't acknowledge it directly and didn't say Hami's name but looked at the comment and just said "Ya we need him"

Reaction Score
I like that he has this suggestive post prior to an Arizona visit, as I think we all agree Kentucky doesn't really need him or have a whole lot of playing time for him. I'm hoping that isn't attractive to him, I mean if he goes there and just comes in 10-15 minutes a game to slash and crash with all those other stars around him, it would mask any weaknesses he has better than coming to UConn. So I'm hoping he wants to be tested and get better rather than just showcase his finest talents and bolt.

Reaction Score
I like that he has this suggestive post prior to an Arizona visit, as I think we all agree Kentucky doesn't really need him or have a whole lot of playing time for him. I'm hoping that isn't attractive to him, I mean if he goes there and just comes in 10-15 minutes a game to slash and crash with all those other stars around him, it would mask any weaknesses he has better than coming to UConn. So I'm hoping he wants to be tested and get better rather than just showcase his finest talents and bolt.
The latest reports were that if his goal was to showcase his talents and bolt then uconn was the choice (so he'd come for one semester). Whereas if he wanted time to develop a little and stay 1.5 years then Kentucky was the likely destination. My hope: he wants to showcase his talents and bolt but NBA scouts tell him to return for another year to become a guaranteed lottery pick in the 2018 draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom