Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 98 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
yeah, he should've stayed but when he came in he said he wanted to stay for only two years and leave... he stayed for three and won a nc... now he's in australia?? I think, cant blame him
I don't blame him at all, he was great in the tourny and is a great guy. Unfortunately injuries have slowed him down.

Reaction Score
I'm confused by this post, haven't you compared Hamidou to Westbrook and Sprewell? I still think Adams can be a lottery pick. If you are waiting on Ollie to turn Polley and MAL into bonafide high level NBA players you will most likely be highly disappointed. How exactly has Enoch regressed? I normally like your posts and respect your bball knowledge but this post has me confused?
I comped hami to westbrook and tony allen, neither of those guys were one and dones. Never expected him to come in here and dominate while leading us on a deep run. Adams being a lotto pick is pipe dream but carry on.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I'm typically pretty hapless when it comes to projecting how various players translate to the next level, but I've had a hunch for a while that Adams is going to play in the league and possibly be good.
He's definitely got the tools, but PG is by far the deepest position in the league right now and the competition for a starting spot is rough. He is our best prospect though and he has definitely improved which is good.

Reaction Score
I comped hami to westbrook and tony allen, neither of those guys were one and dones. Never expected him to come in here and dominate while leading us on a deep run. Adams being a lotto pick is pipe dream but carry on.
Guess I just got confused when you said Hamidou isn't a Simmons or Drummond type of talent but you think he is a Westbrook type of talent. Westbrook is arguably the best talent in the entire basketball universe. Disagree on Adams lotto pick being a pipedream, could see it happen after next season.

Reaction Score
He's definitely got the tools, but PG is by far the deepest position in the league right now and the competition for a starting spot is rough. He is our best prospect though and he has definitely improved which is good.
Dunn went 5th in the draft this year and Denzel Valentine went at the end of the lottery, do people really think with another season under his belt they are much better than Adams? I sure don't.

Reaction Score
Guess I just got confused when you said Hamidou isn't a Simmons or Drummond type of talent but you think he is a Westbrook type of talent. Westbrook is arguably the best talent in the entire basketball universe. Disagree on Adams lotto pick being a pipedream, could see it happen after next season.

Jalen has plus-level NBA skills that can not be taught like body control and nifty interior finishing. His length is NBA level. His flaws, mainly carelessness and a slightly loose handle, can be cleaned up. He has to be a PG and I believe his vision is good enough, he just needs more reps. For all the critiquing of his shot, he is standing @ 43% from deep. If he can sustain that around 35% on a high sample size, I am very optimistic on his NBA prospects. I think lotto in a year and a half is very possible so I definitely agree. Its hard to compare to Kemba bc his work ethic and remarkable skill progression but Jalen is significantly better than Kemba was at the same time.

Reaction Score
Dunn went 5th in the draft this year and Denzel Valentine went at the end of the lottery, do people really think with another season under his belt they are much better than Adams? I sure don't.

If I was a betting man, which I am, I would put money on it. Any takers?

Reaction Score
Interesting comparison between Dunn's and Adams' sophomore seasons:

Dunn - 15.6 points, 5.5 rebounds, 7.5 assists, 4.2 turnovers, 2.7 steals, 47/35/69 shooting splits, 5.2 FTA/G

Adams - 16.6 points, 4.5 rebounds, 5.5 assists, 3.0 turnovers, 1.1 steals, 49/43/69 shooting splits, 3.2 FTA/G

Dunn is in a different stratosphere defensively. Without knowing the exact measurables, I would guess Dunn is longer and a significantly better athlete overall than Adams, who is going to struggle to make up that deficit unless he has an all-American year (which he is fully capable of).

Reaction Score
I'm aware of Rudy and Lamb, I have league pass. Unfortunately they aren't exactly relevant players in the NBA, we know them well of course and so do real NBA fans but the casual fan really doesn't. Rudy has always gotten his points on high volume and never been a winner, maybe a move to the Rockets (playoff team) will help. I totally think Lamb can do more but he's still buried on the bench half the time by Clifford and he's in his 5th season in the league as a scorer who has yet to average double figures in a season. Rudy is an above average NBA player and Lamb is average. We need to get back to the days where we had Gordon, RIP, Ray lighting up each other in the playoffs.

Rudy is average now. A few years ago, they were talking about how he was just outside the cut for the All-Star game every year. His play has dropped off.

Reaction Score
Interesting comparison between Dunn's and Adams' sophomore seasons:

Dunn - 15.6 points, 5.5 rebounds, 7.5 assists, 4.2 turnovers, 2.7 steals, 47/35/69 shooting splits, 5.2 FTA/G

Adams - 16.6 points, 4.5 rebounds, 5.5 assists, 3.0 turnovers, 1.1 steals, 49/43/69 shooting splits, 3.2 FTA/G

Dunn is in a different stratosphere defensively. Without knowing the exact measurables, I would guess Dunn is longer and a significantly better athlete overall than Adams, who is going to struggle to make up that deficit unless he has an all-American year (which he is fully capable of).
Agree on Dunn being much better defensively and he's probably got him 2 inches or so in wingspan but disagree on him being a significantly better athlete. I think Adams will be the better scorer.

Reaction Score
Rudy is average now. A few years ago, they were talking about how he was just outside the cut for the All-Star game every year. His play has dropped off.

He is still the same guy. He just had that terrible start for the Raptors before he was traded. When he returned to form in his first year with Sacramento, he did get some early All Star buzz but that season was not an outlier in any way. He just is what is he - I think he is a little underrated nowadays since he gets shat on consistently by heavily analytical folks. He is involved in some trade talks this year and I would love to see him land in OKC. Or LA, for that matter. Both have glaring holes at his spot.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I say he needs a shot probably bc I don't see it enough and would like to see it a lot more
Silver lining to Gilbert being hurt: It immediately forced Adams into full time PG mode, and turned this into a developmental year for both him and the team. So you're right that he's not shooting much and it's probably hampering us at times in the short run, but in the long run it'll make us & him better.

I'm still shocked at how easily he controls the offense now. If this improvement curve continues I think he'll be a VERY high pick after next season.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Silver lining to Gilbert being hurt: It immediately forced Adams into full time PG mode, and turned this into a developmental year for both him and the team. So you're right that he's not shooting much and it's probably hampering us at times in the short run, but in the long run it'll make us & him better.

I'm still shocked at how easily he controls the offense now. If this improvement curve continues I think he'll be a VERY high pick after next season.
Agreed. But he needs to look for his shot a lot more. His pullup is usually money. It is great for him to learn to be. True pg but he does need to score being a guard and especially this year

H

huskymagic

If Adams is back for next year, Jalen should continue playing the point guard role as he is more of a Shabazz to Alterique's Boatright. A big part of the reason we struggled early is because Alterique was playing point with Jalen playing off the ball and it didn't work. Jalen is also more talented than Alterique overall. Not to mention we never played through the big men making us even easier to defend. Yes Adams is talented and can be a first round pick if he keeps working as he has the measurables they look for in NBA combine.

P.S. HAMI COMMIT BRING HAMMER TIME BACK TO STORRS!

Reaction Score
If Adams is back for next year, Jalen should continue playing the point guard role as he is more of a Shabazz to Alterique's Boatright. A big part of the reason we struggled early is because Alterique was playing point with Jalen playing off the ball and it didn't work. Jalen is also more talented than Alterique overall. Not to mention we never played through the big men making us even easier to defend. Yes Adams is talented and can be a first round pick if he keeps working as he has the measurables they look for in NBA combine.

Alterique is Boatright to Adams/ Bazz?
All 4 players are totally different. Alterique has played true point his entire high school career. Adams is not as deep a shooter as Bazz but is a much better driver and finisher. Bazz is also more of a true point.

Reaction Score
Don't think its fair to call him average; he's averaging 18/6/3 on 45/35/85 shooting this season.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Seems to me crystal ball picks change whenever someone takes an official. He takes one to UConn everyone jumps. He takes one to KY everyone jumps. When he goes to AZ people will jump. These guys know nothing. NOTHING. I don't care what they think at all.

Reaction Score
Just scrolled for two minutes. Nope. No HD news whatsoever.
My dream was about something completely different but at one point I was on ESPNs website and one of the headlines was "Diallo chooses Arizona"

Definitely doomed

Reaction Score
Wow, a host of misinformation, from the NCAA clearing house to the fact that Kentucky has a shooting guard in Alexander, and worst of all, just a ton of bad grammar made that a hard read.
There is a low bar for grammar out there. Among other subjects.

H

huskymagic

I take that as a good sign that Hami is coming to us when the Kentucky sports writers feels the need to write this article last night at 10:00 PM after Calimari had a chance to visit him in Connecticut imploring him to wait for next year.

Reaction Score
Seems to me crystal ball picks change whenever someone takes an official. He takes one to UConn everyone jumps. He takes one to KY everyone jumps. When he goes to AZ people will jump. These guys know nothing. NOTHING. I don't care what they think at all.
Ding ding ding!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc