Hami - Come to UConn! | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Hami - Come to UConn!

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I don't get wishing him personal pain or failure, but being indifferent to his success on the court, or even wanting him to do poorly because it directly affects the program we root for, doesn't seem too bad. I think the distinctions people are making are a bit off.

Reaction Score
I don't get wishing him personal pain or failure, but being indifferent to his success on the court, or even wanting him to do poorly because it directly affects the program we root for, doesn't seem too bad. I think the distinctions people are making are a bit off.
That's what I've been saying for 3 pages...

Reaction Score
Your all missing the point. It's OK to be indifferent. It's absolutely pathetic to root for an 18 y/o to fail because he didn't do what you wanted him to do. Am I speaking Japanese
What are you talking about? I'll root for him to fail miserably on the court next year like I root for every kid on Kentucky to fail because I think Calipari is a scum bag and I want Kentucky to lose every game they play. What's the problem?

Reaction Score
What are you talking about? I'll root for him to fail miserably on the court next year like I root for every kid on Kentucky to fail because I think Calipari is a scum bag and I want Kentucky to lose every game they play. What's the problem?
I refuse to repeat myself. Do what makes you happy :)

Reaction Score
Gonna start posting some quotes here so their owners, when they hopefully eventually grow up one day, will look back on and feel shame

The gnl flow here has been:

* the squid is slime

* those who join him do so for some immediate gratification - KY current ranking.

The kid succumbed to the squid's PR. Only a dumb would join a team with 10 (?) McDs. How cool am I? he must think. A Band of Brothers? in what? Think about it.

But, will the kid play? will he develop?

OR did he just go with the 'MO' because he thinks he'll get a better peek at the league?

Any / either way - KO an UC were thrown under the bus. And UC did NOT get a kid with questionable judgement.

So screw him, and blow it out of your butttt.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
ps - Perhaps KO and staff r 2b criticised for pissing into the wind( if you even know which direction it's blowing) - not to mention the BY (but that's the cosmic make-up of the board)?

So screw him, and blow it out of your butttt. It's my opinion and we don't need theological barking from you.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
ps - Perhaps KO and staff r 2b criticised for pissing into the wind( if you even know which direction it's blowing) - not to mention the BY (but that's the cosmic make-up of the board)?

So screw him, and blow it out of your butttt. It's my opinion and we don't need theological barking from you.

Don't you have a discontinued "Big Boy Camp" to obsess over?

Reaction Score
Don't you have a discontinued "Big Boy Camp" to obsess over?

So he did NOT go to a BBC, and look at the results. Eh? He may be the 'best' we have, but no one can argue with straight face that this was wasted potential.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Tip: If you're recruiting a top ten player against Kentucky, don't be 5-9 and generally non-competitive in a lousy conference.

I planned to scroll through all replies before suggesting that all prior recruitment work might well have come to fruition if this team were, say, 12-2 at this point.

This says it much better.

Reaction Score
Can someone lock this thread please? Is it something I can do myself since I started it? If so how? Thanks

Reaction Score
Wait what is going on lol. Thread I started got moved into this other one? Huh. Pretty neat.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
seriously though, he should NEVER be allowed to step foot on campus EVER again. we (Ollie) got played, plain and simple. our basket with all our eggs in it just got run over by a snow plow

Its a public school so yes he can step on campus BUT he should not be welcomed to use any athletic facilities if he wanted to
I agree that he played KO and the guys, even if it was unplanned at the start
Would love to hear if he even called KO to explain and if so, what did he say
Saying he is an 18 yo as an excuse is BS, many of my college bound players were involved in the recruitment game and some were very competitive but none would have thought of handling the end as HD did on this one -
I hope his life becomes what he wants, but I, for one, will not be paying any attention to it
I feel for KO, I really do

Reaction Score
I think Hami did us a favor, he would have come for one semester, not played and entered the draft like he is going to do at UK. now we can move on and look for players that will actually want to play for us.

Reaction Score
Are you concussed?

You clearly missed the reference.

Calhoun was criticized by a national college basketball writer who declared, "No coach in college basketball does less with more."

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He is person non-gratis

I dislike Kentucky and as someone else said I wish them to lose every game.

He punked Ollie which bothers me the most.

Reaction Score
Its a public school so yes he can step on campus BUT he should not be welcomed to use any athletic facilities if he wanted to
I agree that he played KO and the guys, even if it was unplanned at the start
Would love to hear if he even called KO to explain and if so, what did he saythis whole Hami situation.
B
Saying he is an 18 yo as an excuse is BS, many of my college bound players were involved in the recruitment game and some were very competitive but none would have thought of handling the end as HD did on this one -
I hope his life becomes what he wants, but I, for one, will not be paying any attention to it
I feel for KO, I really do
A Cuse buddy of mine was quick to remind me of the similarities between that recruit they lost to Cali-Scumi, and this whole Hami situation.
You recruit a kid over a number of years, he's constantly on campus, but he then inexplicably "goes dark" over the last 10 days, and finally ends up declaring for UK. Fact is this was a shady situation which led to a shadier outcome. To simply pass it off as kids making decisions is being stupidly naive, IMO.
The NCAA sits back, says and does nothing, while Cali-Scumbag swoops in with World Wide, and gets these kids to sign on the dotted line.
Yeah, I know there's no proof or smoking gun proving beyond a shadow of a doubt, that favors are being extended . But consider that only Wooden at UCLA had this kind of recruiting streak, and we all know how his bag man, Sam Gilbert, always swooped in to seal the deal.
CaliScum-bucket is dirty. The NCAA knows it, and they choose to minimize and ignore. That's just college basketball nowadays, and we all have to live with it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hey, Russia, if you are listening, can you please kill John Calipari? (I heard that works)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom