Hami - Come to UConn! | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Hami - Come to UConn!

Reaction Score
Has there ever been a coach to do less with more? All this talk about recruiting. Why doesn't the media focus on how little he actually has won?

Reaction Score
I'm not going to attack and throw insults at a teenager, but he pretty clearly used KO and the UConn program. When you spend that much time on campus, around the team, at our brand new practice facility...then decide to go to another school, it's pretty clear what's going on.
Yep. I for one hope he is a total flop.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I won't wish anyone bad luck, distress or worse
I do not like how this whole thing unfolded - this kid virtually gave KO a verbal
I think he is making a mistake not playing this semester and listened to the POS the Squid
I hope he Squid and goes in the 2017 draft
Bring on Kensucky next year - Please - I like UConn's track record
I will not follow this kid's career one iota

Reaction Score
As for the squid, I am curious, in the hypothetical scenario that the guy drops dead in the middle of their next game, would you dance or would you say R.I.P.? I would dance.

Reaction Score
Sucks he chose elsewhere, but UConn needs players who can shoot, which is one of his weaknesses. Purvis was a top 15 recruit and burger boy, Diallo could easily be him. I mean these are rankings and don't mean a whole lot until you step on the court. Adams and Gilbert are both better than him and who is to say Vital wouldn't have the same impact next year as Diallo would. That may be a stretch, but who knows. The staff needs to start recruiting actual basketball players who know how to play the game, know how to value possession of the basketball, and can hit jump shots. It really isn't that hard, I don't care where they are ranked.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I was right. You are miserable smh lol
I don't understand. Why won't you root for the kid. I don't understand how you can start a thread to chastise some imaginary group but in your own post you say the same .

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
May he bring UK basketball as much success on the court as Kwasi Gyambibi brought to us.

Reaction Score
Considering this post is done under the pretense of "how could people be so low/pathetic/mean", it is hilariously petty and ridiculous for you dullard bastions of good sportsmanship to spend your time combing posts to try to shame people

Seriously, get lives

Reaction Score
I'm not going to attack and throw insults at a teenager, but he pretty clearly used KO and the UConn program. When you spend that much time on campus, around the team, at our brand new practice facility...then decide to go to another school, it's pretty clear what's going on.
If you were a HS kid his age would you rather hang in our Hoop Taj Mahal or the local sweatbox? Not sure I would give these kids open access without an "understanding" of some kind, KO does not want to burn bridges I get that. Calipari was dealing from such a position of strength what can one say? Should we get a start on a Diamond Diallo thread soon?

Reaction Score
I don't understand. Why won't you root for the kid. I don't understand how you can start a thread to chastise some imaginary group but in your own post you say the same .
I don't understand what you don't get. I root for UCONN and the players on UCONN. I don't root for Malik monk but I'm not wishing him failure in life. What's so hard to understand

Reaction Score
Considering this post is done under the pretense of "how could people be so low/pathetic/mean", it is hilariously petty and ridiculous for you dullard bastions of good sportsmanship to spend your time combing posts to try to shame people

Seriously, get lives
They shamed themselves.......

Reaction Score
That's just not right. It's his decision, half the people on here are like "he at least owes us a commitment". He doesn't owe you guys anything. You should respect his decision and move on.
I see you've never had a beautiful girl you wanted, who told you you look 'very' attractive and likes you after a date or two, and told you that you may have a shot. Then she picks the most popular boy in school, who already has a stable of pretty babes.

What do you say about her? Just saying Diallo is like that girl to many posters here.

Personally I couldn't give two shiyts, I really like our stable.

Reaction Score
They shamed themselves..

Does this man you'll stop posting on the BY now? Since he's made his decision? You've only been here to talk about him, so now please, leave. So long.

Reaction Score
Well he's been being recruited for 2 1/2 years now. And no I didn't join to talk about hami. This is actually my 2nd account. So....um...try again

So long.

Reaction Score
At the supposedly adult posters on this board wishing for the kid to fail. You can not fault a kid for picking kentucky in today's college basketball landscape. I'll never root for him, and m I hope we meet him in the tourney next year and embarrass him and the squid. But I'll never wish failure on a kid who beat the odds and is set up to provide a better life for his family. Get a grip. Grow up!!

stock-photo-stop-sign-and-word-assuming-401332786.jpg

Reaction Score
Does this man you'll stop posting on the BY now? Since he's made his decision? You've only been here to talk about him, so now please, leave. So long.
Nah im good its fun here. And I only come to talk about hami? Lmao you don't get on much do you?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He's not from Connecticut, he didn't go to UConn, and he picked Kentucky. I have no reason to root for his success.

Reaction Score
He's not from Connecticut, he didn't go to UConn, and he picked Kentucky. I have no reason to root for his success.
Your all missing the point. It's OK to be indifferent. It's absolutely pathetic to root for an 18 y/o to fail because he didn't do what you wanted him to do. Am I speaking Japanese

H

huskymagic

I don't understand what you don't get. I root for UCONN and the players on UCONN. I don't root for Malik monk but I'm not wishing him failure in life. What's so hard to understand

Get off your high horse, no one on the boneyard needs you to preach morality to them, and I mean no one, myself especially will feel bad about our comments regarding Diallo's future. We live in the real world not the utopia of compassion and goodwill. What you are proposing is that the sucker should feel good about being suckered. Comparing Malik Monk's recruiting to Diabolical's is completely different and nonsensical. We never had THIS TYPE of investment in the former's.

Diallo should be declared person non-grata within 5 miles of the UCONN campus

Reaction Score
seriously though, he should NEVER be allowed to step foot on campus EVER again. we (Ollie) got played, plain and simple. our basket with all our eggs in it just got run over by a snow plow

Don't see any circumstance where he would, but whatever. Whenever Kentucky and their creep ass coach are involved, there are far more "influences" in play that give them decided advantages. Things are what they are and as long gone as uconn is stuck in this cesspool of a conference, expectations should be tempered

Reaction Score
Get off your high horse, no one on the boneyard needs you to preach morality to them, and I mean no one, myself especially will feel bad about our comments regarding Diallo's future. We live in the real world not the utopia of compassion and goodwill. What you are proposing is that the sucker should feel good about being suckered. Comparing Malik Monk's recruiting to Diabolical's is completely different and nonsensical. We never had THIS TYPE of investment in the former's.

Diallo should be declared person non-grata within 5 miles of the UCONN campus
Okay Lol

Reaction Score
Lesson Learned:

On the boneyard don't expect level headed discussions

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members