Greatest Play in UConn WBB History? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Greatest Play in UConn WBB History?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
GMaybe not the greatest single play, but in my opinion the greatest single possession. So typical of why UCONN has been the best for years now. 2013 National semi-final against Notre Dame. UCONN had lost all three previous meetings that season. The Huskies had built a double digit lead in the second half, but Notre Dame had gone on a 9-2 run to trail by only 6pts with 6:13 to go. All the momentum had swung to the Irish, forcing Geno to call a timeout. Breanna missed a long range jumper, and Kelly Farris grabbed the offensive rebound and kicked it out to Bria Hartley. Hartley immediately fired up a three point attempt and missed. Farris again gathered the rebound and passed it back out and eventually Stephanie Dolson gets fouled. Dolson made the first free throw, but missed the second. Kelly Farris got her third offensive rebound of the possession off the missed foul shot, and passed it out to Breanna, who drove the lane and scored, putting UCONN up by 9, and they never looked back winning by a bunch, ending Skylar Diggins' college career, and went on to blow out Louisville two nights later in the final. After the game I'm sure the talk was about whomever the leading scorer was that night, but the clip that I show my middle school girls team every year is that game from the 6:13 minute mark. Yes UCONN gets the stars to come play, but it's the intensity, and hard work that the coaching staff insists upon that separates UCONN from the schools that also bring in tons of talent, but are not left standing at the end of the season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
A couple we forgot.:eek:
Heather Buck's break away layup near the end of the 2013 championship game against Loolville. It came at crucial time when we were in danger of winning by less than 30 points.

AND, almost as big.

Kiah Stoke's 3-pointer against whomever, wherever, whenever.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01