Geno's telephone congratulations to Mo'ne Davis dubbed a "violation"[merged thread] | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Geno's telephone congratulations to Mo'ne Davis dubbed a "violation"[merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
As always the NCAA fails to follow its own rules.

Reaction Score
So if it wasn't AAC or ACC...the two most obvious other choices are B1G and SEC. We already know the potential SEC unsubs - TN, perhaps KY? In the B1G, we have potential persons of interest in MD and RU. We know Brenda doesn't care much for Geno. At one point CVS and GA were on fairly good terms, but then came Cappygate and I think things cooled. Since MD and RU are in the PA recruiting "backyard", these are two potential suspects. I don't think it would be MM and ND...they get their fair share of top recruits and while Muffet didn't show her best side at this years NCAAs, this doesn't strike me as her MO.

If I had to place a wager...I would bet either MD or RU...or both! Let's get "The First 48" on the case!

Reaction Score
UConn needs to stop cheating because the NCAA is just waiting to drop the hammer on us. We need to do it better and cleaner than anyone else or eventually it will be a death by a thousand paper cuts.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Ridiculous. It was a phone call to a Philly kid who was making national headlines. It was about a different sport than basketball. I'm not sure who is more petty--the NCAA or the person(s) who filed the complaint.

Reaction Score
NCAA, also, rules in record time and thus proving once again to be the laughing stock everyone knows it to be.
It may be a laughing stock, but they have the power to tarnish Coach Auriemma and his WCBB program, not to mention take away scholarships and ban the team from post-season play. I refuse to laugh at an organization that can pretty much do whatever they want when it comes to enforcement. This very well could be payback for Shabazz spouting off and embarrassing Emmert on national TV.

Reaction Score
How about one of the local reporters does his or her job and finds out who filed the complaint?

That clown of a coach deserves to get eviscerated for it.

Reaction Score
It may be a laughing stock, but they have the power to tarnish Coach Auriemma and his WCBB program, not to mention take away scholarships and ban the team from post-season play. I refuse to laugh at an organization that can pretty much do whatever they want when it comes to enforcement. This very well could be payback for Shabazz spouting off and embarrassing Emmert on national TV.
I would love to see them try to ban the UConn women from the tournament. It would be the END of the NCAA.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Any1 familiar with Freedom of Information Request can file one with each suspected school in an effort to determine if they have filed any complaints against UConn and Geno.

Reaction Score
I would love to see them try to ban the UConn women from the tournament. It would be the END of the NCAA.
I said the same thing when the men were banned. I was wrong then just as you'd be wrong now. When it comes to the NCAA the only thing you can do is bend over and take it. It's not going away any time soon, especially not over a women's basketball program.

Reaction Score
Someone somewhere is sitting in their big coaches chair smiling smugly to themselves.

I think if it was someone in the conference we may know who it was by the big can of whoopa s s Geno will open on the court.

images

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Someone somewhere is sitting in their big coaches chair smiling smugly to themselves.

I think if it was someone in the conference we may know who it was by the big can of whoopa s s Geno will open on the court.

images
It was not an AAC school according to reports.

Reaction Score
It was not an AAC school according to reports.
That is why I said "if" - but same holds true for any other school. Then again, that isn't Geno's style...unless it is Syracuse.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Wow. You afraid to leave your house, too?

Reaction Score
upload_2014-9-4_20-42-10.jpeg

Reaction Score
That is why I said "if" - but same holds true for any other school. Then again, that isn't Geno's style...unless it is Syracuse.
Or BC (ask Cathy Inglese what it feels like to give up 125)

Reaction Score
So, what is the potential penalty? I say let them take away a couple of scholarships. Geno never uses all 15 anyway. He'll never miss 'em.

Reaction Score
Or BC (ask Cathy Inglese what it feels like to give up 125)
Wasn't that PC, not BC? I was at the Providence game when UConn hung 126 on them. That wasn't done out of a sense of "payback". Providence was just that bad.

Reaction Score
Wow. You afraid to leave your house, too?
It would be awesome if the school could, you know stop cheating, just for a few years. I mean the men just got off probation for God's sake so you'd think *someone* in the Athletic Department could say "yo Geno we don't have a great track record with the NCAA so maybe on these borderline cases we should just err on the side of caution." Sorry, I know most on here just care about the streaks and Ws, but I do actually give a damn about the athletic programs keeping it clean, and a secondary violation is still a violation.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
The only tarnishing will be of the complaining school when, is it inevitably will, the rest of the story comes out. There is no way this can make Geno look anything but good. Not only that, but if Geno had known that all of this foofarah was going to hapen, do you think he would have gone ahead with the call? Damn straight, he would have!

Reaction Score
Wasn't that PC, not BC? I was at the Providence game when UConn hung 126 on them. That wasn't done out of a sense of "payback". Providence was just that bad.
BC, next game after Inglese left her starters in long after UCONN had removed theirs in a blowout. ("OK - you wanna see what a blowout REALLY looks like?") (And Svet was more than happy to oblige)

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Who are they going to kick around when Geno retires in 2 years after winning his 11th NC game and rides off in the CT sunset?.....
Uhhhh Kevin Ollie, mebbe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RollSkis