Game Week - UConn @ ECU (Noon on ESPNews) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn @ ECU (Noon on ESPNews)

Status
Not open for further replies.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
He doubled back and tried to clarify what he meant to Mike Anthony by saying "We think the passing game changes at the 22-yard line" - probably based on some statistical mumbo jumbo he read. He shares too much info without context (and no followup by media) that leaves people scratching their heads and azzes. He'd probably be cool to sit w/ over beers and discuss football strategy with but his sound bites suck.

He's a chardonnay guy. He also consumes imported Italian bottled water. Best you don't ask how I know this but yeah...1x1 in a fairly relaxed setting he can have a decent conversation. Have chatted with him about some of his past experiences, Bret Bielema and why he chose Mulberry Street as his favorite pizza place. Not once did his hair fall out of place.

Reaction Score
Some interesting stats about the game Saturday. Keys to success aren't necessarily passing the football to Noel Thomas every single time. Hopefully, Hergey's return changes this.

Mike CouzensESPN College Football :
Ever wondered if penalties correlate to success? Not necessarily. ECU and UConn are tied for 4th fewest (28 flags) in FBS and have a combined one conference win. Ohio State, Utah, and UNC are all in the Top 25 and rank 103rd or worse in total penalties.

Intriguing offensive disparity in Saturday's ECU-UConn game (12ET, ESPNews): UConn's Noel Thomas and ECU's Zay Jones, respectively, have the two largest gaps between them and their next closest teammate when it comes to catches. Thomas is 60 ahead of his next teammate, and Jones' FBS-leading 95, is 59 ahead of his next closest teammate.

Reaction Score
I'm going to make a projection. UConn wins 21-17. No way either team scores more than 24 points in this one. UConn will have 5 Red Zone appearances, going for it on 4th down each time, converting on 3 of them.

UConn won't score more than 24 points the rest of the season..

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Um isn't the news here that Diaco has for some reason decided the red zone is the 22 yard line? What planet is he from?
I knew of a couple NFL coaches (a few years back) who felt that once you had a first down inside the opponent's 25 you were in the red zone. Perhaps he's splitting the difference.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
I figured it would be something dumb like that's the yard line where FGs are under 40 yards and
field goals under 40 yards are made 3x more often than field goals over 40 yards lumping 53 yards in with 40 and 39 in with 22.

You never know, he might be thinking in meters. After all, 20 meters is around 22 yards. I have to do this conversion every time I play golf.

Reaction Score
At least he is not calling it the green zone like Coughlin did. I hated that especially as he crapped out the last 4 years. In regards to the conFliCt and lack of respect. UCF beat us in soccer too as did USF. Not a good run we are on. I am waiting to see what happens during the hoops season.

Reaction Score
Louie Benjamin@PFF_Louie 1 min ago
best graded @American_FB EDGE so far
H. Reddick, Temple
L. Carrezola, Uconn
T. Bowser, Houston
A. Aruna, Tulane
P. Martin-Oguike, Temple

Published on Oct 24, 2016
Junior Linebacker Luke Carrezola always has his motor running on high. After suffering an injury his freshman season, Carrezola found himself as a player, and explains the mentality a linebacker must have in order to be successful.

Reaction Score
Bob needs to pretend that the ConFLiCT is dead and the trophy is buried in a landfill outside of Storrs. Secretly he could bring it with him to Orlando next year. After Uconn steals the win on UCF's Field, Bob suddenly surprises everybody by unveiling that his prize still lives. When they interview him on the field he just looks dead into the camera while clutching the trophy. "Foolish Knights, The ConFLiCT was NEVER off." He then turns and walks away. Dude would be a legend.

Reaction Score
UConn's Noel Thomas and ECU's Zay Jones, respectively, have the two largest gaps between them and their next closest teammate when it comes to catches. Thomas is 60 ahead of his next teammate, and Jones' FBS-leading 95, is 59 ahead of his next closest teammate.

Jhavon should follow WR Jones all day, and play underneath, and get safety help over the top. Force ECU to throw to the other receivers.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Bob needs to pretend that the ConFLiCT is dead and the trophy is buried in a landfill outside of Storrs. Secretly he could bring it with him to Orlando next year. After Uconn steals the win on UCF's Field, Bob suddenly surprises everybody by unveiling that his prize still lives. When they interview him on the field he just looks dead into the camera while clutching the trophy. "Foolish Knights, The ConFLiCT was NEVER off." He then turns and walks away. Dude would be a legend.

Would be great. diaco is becoming a legend on barstool sports. I hope they try to interview him. would be hilarious

Reaction Score

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score

These guys think a little highly of themselves.

the crazy thing is that everyone in the AAC feels this way. everyone is better than everyone else...

ZOOCONN

Reaction Score
Louie Benjamin@PFF_Louie 1 min ago
best graded @American_FB EDGE so far
H. Reddick, Temple
L. Carrezola, Uconn
T. Bowser, Houston
A. Aruna, Tulane
P. Martin-Oguike, Temple

Published on Oct 24, 2016
Junior Linebacker Luke Carrezola always has his motor running on high. After suffering an injury his freshman season, Carrezola found himself as a player, and explains the mentality a linebacker must have in order to be successful.

shoe in for captain next yr

ZOOCONN

Reaction Score
Would be great. diaco is becoming a legend on barstool sports. I hope they try to interview him. would be hilarious

legend is one way to put it lol portnose called him the worst coach in football in that rundown too lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom