Game Week - UConn @ ECU (Noon on ESPNews) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn @ ECU (Noon on ESPNews)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Damn those trophy snobs! Now this is war! This is ... a rivalry? Well, maybe this trophy saga needs a few more years to play out and we need some see-saw games to go with it.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I noticed Levy at LG this past game instead of RG where he'd been all season. Levy better at LG? Or is this more to put Vechery/Rutherford next to experienced RT Knappe?
While I imagine Levy (due to the time he had at LT) is more comfortable on the left side, my guess is that this has more to do with Hopkins (as did Levy playing RG earlier). If things go as planned, next season Hopkins is back at LG while one of Rutherford/Vechery is at RG. It would be easier for all involved (as Hopkins is not coming back this year) to give the future RG experience there now.

An added bonus was Levy appeared much better on the left side than he did on the right.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
He's not wrong about the AAC championship game. If UCF embraced the FliCT, it would have been a thing.

The ridiculousness of it was most of its charm. Probably didn't help that they didn't win it under O'Leary.

We need a giant lobster pot. If the game came with a lobster dinner it would be huge as we know the media doesn't hate on free lobsters.

Reaction Score
UConn: Huskies Head To East Carolina On Saturday

>>How to overcome frustrations - “There is only one way to do it, with love, trust, respect, communication, care more deeply, find another way and maybe go a little bit less. It has been hard on the players, whether they are physically gassed or not, every game has been a battle. There has a moment where you can relax physically and that isn’t even talking about the emotional taxing nature of what we have been through. Every moment is so intense for the last five weeks. I need to acknowledge as a head coach that we need to have a little bit more fun and be cognizant that we are near the end of a grueling part of our schedule.”<<

>>On getting tight ends involved - “We have tried to get them more involved. You saw a new package and new formation in the game, it wasn’t overly productive, but there are passes off those plays to the tight ends and they were targeted a bit. They are good players, Tommy (Myers) made some plays and Alec (Bloom) made some plays and I thought the tight ends as a whole had a nice game. We need to continue to grow that.” <<

Last edited:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Ed Daigneault@EdDaigneault 26 mins ago
UConn football team gave up 400 or more yards three times last year. Already has done it four times this year, all in the last five games.

That can't be right. All the problems are clearly on the offense!!!

Why is no one calling for Anthony Pointdexter's head? Why can't The Undertaker start calling defensive formations? He is Co-Defensive Coordinator, is he not?

If Houston is considered an outlier, the offense is racking up 400 yards/game. I get it. It's as much when you get the yards and if they translate into scores, which has a direct relationship to what play is called and when. But why is it any different on the defensive side of the ball?

Reaction Score
Another interesting stat about ECU - it is ranked dead last in the nation in team sacks with the grand total of 1. If the OL can play as well as last week, that number shouldn't go up by much if at all.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Another interesting stat about ECU - it is ranked dead last in the nation in team sacks with the grand total of 1. If the OL can play as well as last week, that number shouldn't go up by much if at all.
It'll go up if only for Shirreffs' tendency to tuck and run early in the play. In college, if' it's a clear pass play and he's tackle behind the LOS, it's considered a run (for yardage purposes) for the offense a sack for the defense).

Husky25

Reaction Score
Thinking now that this is exactly what Diaco & UCF had in mind... very clever of them.
I don't think so. I think George O'Leary's team would have played along, had they won. I think Scott Frost's UCF never intended on claiming the trophy. I won't go so far as to say Frost is classless (yet), but the slight was intentional and thereby a classless act.

Reaction Score
Um isn't the news here that Diaco has for some reason decided the red zone is the 22 yard line? What planet is he from?
Yes, Bob Diaco prefers to use the 22 yard line as the "red zone". Bob is reinventing American football right before our eyes. I'm assuming he likes the 22 yard line so the team can still get a first down at the 2, so he can run three stretch plays to RJ, then a QB sneak all for no gain. Then the opponent will proceed to drive 98 yards in under 2-minutes for a score. Essentially, Bob wins the time of possession, but loses on the scoreboard. But hey, it's still WINNING.

Reaction Score
Um isn't the news here that Diaco has for some reason decided the red zone is the 22 yard line? What planet is he from?
Yes, Bob Diaco prefers to use the 22 yard line as the "red zone". Bob is reinventing American football right before our eyes. I'm assuming he likes the 22 yard line so the team can still get a first down at the 2, so he can run three stretch plays to RJ, then a QB sneak all for no gain. Then the opponent will proceed to drive 98 yards in under 2-minutes for a score. Essentially, Bob wins the time of possession, but loses on the scoreboard. But hey, it's still WINNING.

He doubled back and tried to clarify what he meant to Mike Anthony by saying "We think the passing game changes at the 22-yard line" - probably based on some statistical mumbo jumbo he read. He shares too much info without context (and no followup by media) that leaves people scratching their heads and azzes. He'd probably be cool to sit w/ over beers and discuss football strategy with but his sound bites suck.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
He doubled back and tried to clarify what he meant to Mike Anthony by saying "We think the passing game changes at the 22-yard line" - probably based on some statistical mumbo jumbo he read. He shares too much info without context (and no followup by media) that leaves people scratching their heads and azzes. He'd probably be cool to sit w/ over beers and discuss football strategy with but his sound bites suck.

I figured it would be something dumb like that's the yard line where FGs are under 40 yards and
field goals under 40 yards are made 3x more often than field goals over 40 yards lumping 53 yards in with 40 and 39 in with 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom